Seriously guys....RELAX

Unless you have experience programming and developing a product for release you really won’t be able to fully appreciate the process. 343 is actually doing the community a huge favor by even letting us participate at this stage. Especially with how large they are trying to make it. Usually a technical test is much smaller and much more controlled. I applaud the team for their ambition for a, let me say it again, TECHNICAL TEST. I think it will serve them well and hope they get all the technical data they need. This is only going to lead to a better final product. Tamper your expectations and be grateful for the opportunity to help this team develop a product we can all be happy with. The alternative is that they go behind closed doors and deliver something that hasn’t been properly tested like Amazon Games did with their first couple titles that they “unreleased”.

Can this be pinned or get mods in here or something? The whining and 343-bashing threads have been just ridiculous today.

was the sole developer for years for a nationwide company, and i can tell you I never introduced, announced, or even hinted at a “tech preview” for anyone to mess with until I was sure the entire backend was up, running, stable, and could at least run for people to use it, instead of just hoping and praying that when I turned the servers on everything just worked. pretty -Yoink- excuse to say “things go wrong” when theyve had six years, had 48 hours since the announcements started popping up for the tech preview, and had all day today to try and figure it out, with their “entire team” working to fix the problem.

i disagree with OP.
I’M PISSED at 343
They explicitly told us that the flight would be available for us to PLAY AS IN ACTUALLY PLAY by this weekend! And I don’t know about your calendar but mine says that today is Thuuu- …oh -Yoink-.

its because there is a huge part of the gaming community that expects everything to be perfect immediately. They are never satisfied and always find something to complain about. This isn’t even like a beta, this is a really rough (and a few months old) build of the game that 343 was nice enough to let a small group of people try. I get that a lot of people didn’t get picked and are disappointed, but there will be more flights, and they will be bigger both in content and in players allowed in. They will also be a lot more stable. Doing something like this is not some easy job that you can just get done and send it out. Programming and developing are so in depth and are so easy to get messed up, it is a long tiresome process, but they are trying their best. They definitely do not deserve to be criticized or insulted for this, but their will always be people who do this, and their is a group of people that want this game to fail and will talk down on it and criticize it any chance they get. Thank you 343 for all your hard work, and for all the passion you’ve put into this new halo. I know we haven’t played it yet, but from what I’ve seen, it may very well be the best halo game so far.

AMEN!!

I’m a fanboy through and through. I’ve played since I was five years old. I’ve been obsessed with the universe and lore ever since. There’s many in the same boat.
I’m excited as hell for this game just like anyone else. However when that excitement turns into anxiety and panic, and bashing, that is super uncool. And when people complain and ask repeated questions about stuff that’s already been gone over, super uncool.
It’s important to realize that this is a HUGE tech flight, multiple platforms, etc.
I really hope that 343 seas this thread. Know that they’re appreciated. From what they’ve show so far, it’s obvious how much passion and hard work has gone into this.

Seconded; please be patient and let the team work and focus on the technical aspects that need to be handled. This is best case where we are seeing a Technical Flight have issues rather than launch day.

> 2533274794461193;1:
> Unless you have experience programming and developing a product for release you really won’t be able to fully appreciate the process. 343 is actually doing the community a huge favor by even letting us participate at this stage. Especially with how large they are trying to make it. Usually a technical test is much smaller and much more controlled. I applaud the team for their ambition for a, let me say it again, TECHNICAL TEST. I think it will serve them well and hope they get all the technical data they need. This is only going to lead to a better final product. Tamper your expectations and be grateful for the opportunity to help this team develop a product we can all be happy with. The alternative is that they go behind closed doors and deliver something that hasn’t been properly tested like Amazon Games did with their first couple titles that they “unreleased”.

I am the the mindset that they were prepared for this day they knew what they had to get ready. They knew what they had to get tested and as far as I’m aware they haven’t even sent out the keys yet. So what problems did they run into that they should have been prepared for. I’m still patient chilling but I’m just thinking shouldn’t they have been prepared for this like I know crap happens but like they know what servers they have to spin up blah blah blah it’s not like they send out the codes and then ran into this problem.

> 2533274794461193;1:
> Unless you have experience programming and developing a product for release you really won’t be able to fully appreciate the process. 343 is actually doing the community a huge favor by even letting us participate at this stage. Especially with how large they are trying to make it. Usually a technical test is much smaller and much more controlled. I applaud the team for their ambition for a, let me say it again, TECHNICAL TEST. I think it will serve them well and hope they get all the technical data they need. This is only going to lead to a better final product. Tamper your expectations and be grateful for the opportunity to help this team develop a product we can all be happy with. The alternative is that they go behind closed doors and deliver something that hasn’t been properly tested like Amazon Games did with their first couple titles that they “unreleased”.

But another part of me is thinking that they released it on Thursday so to be ready for Friday because they knew they were going to run into some problems Thursday like major problems. Because they kept calling it a weekend technical test Thursday is not the weekend.

I wouldn’t complain either. They could have released this last year as a crappy incomplete game. That they didn’t is evidence of their sense of self-preservation, not to mention common sense. Give 343 time, guys. They’re trying their damndest to put out a good product and this technical test will go a long way to ensuring that the game can be played on release day (looking at you, Halo MCC) with no hiccups.

’nuff said

no complaints here, just questions and waiting. I got the flight invitation e-mail saying im in this weekend same time as everyone else, but never got a key/invite yet. Just waiting and refreshing and hoping.

Problems happen and for whatever reason people seem to not realize that. You never know when something could go south. Everything could have very easily been in order but then something goes wrong. They’re game devs, not prophets of the future. Is it inconvenient? Mildly annoying? Sure. But there’s no reason to be pissed. People act like they intentionally wanted things to go wrong. That mentality is messed up. It will happen, just maybe not in your timing. Honestly we are invited guests to this occasion. I bet they are learning a good lesson at this point that will help them when the actual launch takes place.

Don’t forget it’s a technical test. Meaning things can go sideways. Keep your heads on straight.

People are definitely overhyped

> 2535470151445745;2:
> Can this be pinned or get mods in here or something? The whining and 343-bashing threads have been just ridiculous today.

agreed

Yeah I disagree with op, but I’m going to be patient and understanding. However this isn’t about bugs or delays anymore, 343 is officially looking bad with how is going live. Microsoft and Xbox is watching this as well, as well as tons of bloggers. This is a big deal, hopefully all goes well. I’m excited but can’t deny that things aren’t looking good.

> 2533274852344555;9:
> > 2533274794461193;1:
> > Unless you have experience programming and developing a product for release you really won’t be able to fully appreciate the process. 343 is actually doing the community a huge favor by even letting us participate at this stage. Especially with how large they are trying to make it. Usually a technical test is much smaller and much more controlled. I applaud the team for their ambition for a, let me say it again, TECHNICAL TEST. I think it will serve them well and hope they get all the technical data they need. This is only going to lead to a better final product. Tamper your expectations and be grateful for the opportunity to help this team develop a product we can all be happy with. The alternative is that they go behind closed doors and deliver something that hasn’t been properly tested like Amazon Games did with their first couple titles that they “unreleased”.
>
> But another part of me is thinking that they released it on Thursday so to be ready for Friday because they knew they were going to run into some problems Thursday like major problems. Because they kept calling it a weekend technical test Thursday is not the weekend.

yeah maybe we’ll get it Friday, I also noticed the term weekend thrown around

Delay the game asap