Seriously cut down the Firefight challenges.

The vast majority of Halo players play multiplayer and we’ve had like 1 Mulitplayer weekly in the past must be about 7 weeks. However in that time we’ve had at least 2 campaign weeklys and at least 3 firefight weeklys.

Winning 50 games of multiplayer took a lot more time and takes far more skill than completing 150 waves of FF, yet the FF challenge is worth significantly more credits.

People already boost firefight all day everyday and AFK in it because Firefight Arcade gives way too many credits and it takes no skill whatsoever. So stop giving the people who play Firefight non stop even more easy credits.

There’s going to be even more people AFK this week in firefight thanks to all these firefight challenges.

And the campaign challenge from the other week is again a credit boosters paradise all they had to do was do the Flawless Cowboy glitch. Giving yet again easy credits to people who don’t deserve them.

I’m just saying we really do have far too many firefight and campaign challenges and most of the time they are worth more credits than Multiplayer challenges which take far more skill. I don’t mind the occasional Campaign and FF challenges like L.D challenges, LASOs and BOB kills are fun and challenging.

The vast majority of people who play Reach play for MP, and the challenges heavily favour people who play campaign and firefight. They are far more frequent and are worth more credits despite often taking less time and skill.

Ultimately my suggestions are:

Have less Firefight Challenges
When there are FF Challenges, stop basically designing them to encourage people going AFK
Make them a ‘Challenge’ and not a grind, like get an Invincible medal, or score X amount of points without dying
Make MP challenges worth significantly more credits, especially on weeklys
Make FF Arcade worth less credits and heavily base credits awarded on score and performance in game, because at the end of the day people will always find a way to AFK.

That 150 waves challenge was epic but i see what you mean by cutting down.

The 75 reinforcements one a while a go was not to bad

The Ones the take more skill should give you more credits, I find to many new players playing Grifball and Firefight but not getting in to the REAL Halo Experience.

So like= Team Slayer= Med Credits
Squad Slayer= High Creds
Rumble Pit= VERY HIGH
Team Swat= High
Team Snipers= High
Arena= Very High
MLG= VERY HIGH
Rest Should be Med Creds

Oh and can we start having jackpots on the less popular playlists like MLG, Team Objective and Team Classic?

I say more FF challenges. :slight_smile:

> I say more FF challenges. :slight_smile:

Me too. I play a lot of FF, so the more the merrier.

Of the past few days I’ve played Reach (though they haven’t been consecutively), all but one of them was completely or almost completely firefight daily challenges. Seriously, cut down on them. Nobody likes grinding when it takes this much, and you’re just making it harder on the people that want to play multiplayer.

> The vast majority of Halo players play multiplayer and we’ve had like 1 Mulitplayer weekly in the past must be about 7 weeks. However in that time we’ve had at least 2 campaign weeklys and at least 3 firefight weeklys.
>
> Winning 50 games of multiplayer took a lot more time and takes far more skill than completing 150 waves of FF, yet the FF challenge is worth significantly more credits.
>
> People already boost firefight all day everyday and AFK in it because Firefight Arcade gives way too many credits and it takes no skill whatsoever. So stop giving the people who play Firefight non stop even more easy credits.
>
> There’s going to be even more people AFK this week in firefight thanks to all these firefight challenges.
>
> And the campaign challenge from the other week is again a credit boosters paradise all they had to do was do the Flawless Cowboy glitch. Giving yet again easy credits to people who don’t deserve them.
>
>
> I’m just saying we really do have far too many firefight and campaign challenges and most of the time they are worth more credits than Multiplayer challenges which take far more skill. I don’t mind the occasional Campaign and FF challenges like L.D challenges, LASOs and BOB kills are fun and challenging.
>
> The vast majority of people who play Reach play for MP, and the challenges heavily favour people who play campaign and firefight. They are far more frequent and are worth more credits despite often taking less time and skill.
>
>
> Ultimately my suggestions are:
>
> Have less Firefight Challenges
> When there are FF Challenges, stop basically designing them to encourage people going AFK
> Make them a ‘Challenge’ and not a grind, like get an Invincible medal, or score X amount of points without dying
> Make MP challenges worth significantly more credits, especially on weeklys
> Make FF Arcade worth less credits and heavily base credits awarded on score and performance in game, because at the end of the day people will always find a way to AFK.

The Bolded part needs proof.

As someone who prefers FF and Campaign over MM, I’m happy with the challenges.

Stop complaining and enjoy the challanges as they come. Look I prefer firefight, campaign, and BTB but I don’t complain about challanges not being where I want them to be all the time. Just enjoy the game and if you don’t want to play firefight then don’t.

By the way, as an avid firefighter I don’t see much AFK these days due to the bans. And if we firefighters see AFKrs we usualy handle them in our own way too.

Complainers have such short memories.

Before the last 2 FF weeklies (not in a row I also add) there was not a FF weekly for months…

It’s fact that the vast majority of Halo players play for MP, just look at the playlists when theres a MP or Campaign. It won’t be as clear this week because people will be spamming firefight. But there will still be more people who play MP. Fact.

And I’m sorry the people that play firefight just play for easy credits or they are just terrible at MP. Anyone who says FF is fun is just simply in denial, it’s tedious, boring requires no skill and simply isnt fun.

And this mornign while attempting to do the stupid FF weekly I’ve came across at least 1 person AFK in nearlly every game I’ve played in.

FF gets far too much love from the challenges, when the vast majority of people who play it, just play it to AFK or Credit boost.

Gotta respectfully disagree with u. Some of us enjoy FF / Score attack challenges (gasp) more that MM. They should have either equal amounts of both, or seperate challenge lists. (IMHO)

And Timpey as someone who has done every weekly I can tell you there has never been a time were there hasnt been a FF weekly for months.

> And I’m sorry the people that play firefight just play for easy credits or they are just terrible at MP. Anyone who says FF is fun is just simply in denial, it’s tedious, boring requires no skill and simply isnt fun.

…In your opinion…and mine too, but just remember that just because you dislike something to such an extent, it does not mean your opinion is instantly branded as fact…

But on a different note, I think if we’re going to complain about Challenges, how about we just request more Unique ones, like acquire 50 Assassinations or 50 Sprees…?..I mean they’re a hell of a lot of more fun in my opinion, got to be better than Complete 150 Matches/Waves/WHATEVER…

But that being said, I’m not all too fussed about the Challenges, they come and go, no need for me to Complete 'em all…

I think it’s a a bit ignorant of you to assume that the vast majority of Reach players play for the MP. I also don’t know what you’re talking about with the AFK boosters because I haven’t run into one in the 50 or so FF Arcade matches I’ve played in the past 6 months.

However I agree that there should be less FF challenges. Maybe not weekly, but just the daily ones. We just need new challenges that are more challenging for all gametypes with more appropriate cR rewards, as you pointed out. Something like get 75 invincible medals in FF weekly challenge.

The fact is someone could sit in FF all day, probably AFK half the time and get more credits than me when i’m battling away in MP. Despite the fact that FF takes utterly no skill. And they could give us more MP challenges to compensate for this but no, they give the challenges to the people in FF.

Every time I play FF I just see people AFK or people with stupidly high ranks who just sit in arcade all day getting easy credits they don’t deserve. Last week was the first MP weekly in a long time and it shouldn’t be the case.

Anyone who doesnt find FF tedious is beyond me. I understand there may be some people who for some reason find it fun. But nearly every person in FF I see is just a high rank FF booster or an AFK.

Simply put FF takes no skill, gets loads of easy challenges worth more than difficult MP challenges and ultimately gives more credits than MP does. I’m just sick of coming across Reclaimers and Inheritors is Reach who have hardly got any MP kills, have nearlly everything in Campaign to Onyx through exploits and who have obviously AFK’d firefight.

And FTR it’s not ignorant for me to think more people play MP than FF because it’s true just look at the playlists. There’s about 9000 people in FF at the moment and that’s with a FF weekly. There’s nearly that many in Living Dead alone with loads in other playlists.

Edit: I just did the maths and despite there being a FF weekly, there are 30,000 in MP at the moment and just OVER 9000! (Sorry couldnt resist) in FF. So no, in no way is it ignorant for me to say more people play MP.

> And Timpey as someone who has done every weekly I can tell you there has never been a time were there hasnt been a FF weekly for months.

You’re wrong. Think back a month or so ago…

…and dont give me the “i’ve done them all” line. I pretty much have as well. (43 out of a possible 47 and i’m 3 FF games from 44 but waiting til tomorrow as i’ll hit the cap if I do.)

Also how does MM take more skill that FF?

You might use more skill but you could just as easily coast and still get the credits going minus each game.

FF is exactly the same amount of credits compared to nearly all MM playlists. Check my thread where we worked EVERYTHING out.

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/14512.aspx

As someone has said, just because YOU think something does not make it right.

> And FTR it’s not ignorant for me to think more people play MP than FF because it’s true just look at the playlists. There’s about 9000 people in FF at the moment and that’s with a FF weekly. There’s nearly that many in Living Dead alone with loads in other playlists.
>
> Edit: I just did the maths and despite there being a FF weekly, there are 30,000 in MP at the moment and just OVER 9000! (Sorry couldnt resist) in FF. So no, in no way is it ignorant for me to say more people play MP.

You said “the vast majority of people who play Reach play MP”. I didn’t know you were talking about just FF. I thought you were discounting all the things people do in Reach, like Campaign, FF, customs, Forge, machinima, etc. That seemed ignorant to me. If that was not what you meant, my fault on that one.

However, if you want people to see your opinion, you need to present it in a way that doesn’t consist of something like “I don’t like this and I don’t understand how anyone could ever like this it’s dumb”. I agree with a lot of the points you made. The fact that people can have better ranks just for playing a lot of FF isn’t a good system in my eyes. If they’re AFKing too, than that really sucks. And challenges should be more diverse and challenging. But when you present those points in a really one-sided manner where you nullify the other side of the argument, you seem biased and people stop considering what you have to say.

I’m not too upset about it, but I agree with the OP. There are WAY too many FF challenges. Not just weekly, but daily. And as someone who never ever plays FF, that doesnt seem very fair to me. For the past few weeks, I’ve noticed even more FF challenges coming in (mainly daily challenges, I don’t usually pay much attention to weekly). Sometimes there will be 2 or 3 days in a row where the daily challenges are exclusivly for FF, no MM what so ever.

If the challenges are in FF, I usually just ignore them now because I really really don’t like FF enough to play it just for challenges. I think FF is garbage honestly (but that’s just me).

So basically, I would like to see more MM challenges, mainly for the daily challenges. It seems like those come up the least compared to FF and campaign.

That’s just my opinion though.