Seriously, A Pistol WHILE Carrying the Flag.

So I just read that you can carry a pistol and the flag at the same time.

Yay for supporting no teamwork!

These little things are irritating.

I just hope an MLG playlist is made quickly. Very quickly. And they rid all this nonsense.

> So I just read that you can carry a pistol and the flag at the same time.
>
> Yay for supporting no teamwork!
>
> These little things are irritating.
>
> I just hope an MLG playlist is made quickly. Very quickly. And they rid all this nonsense.

Even though the pistol is pretty much useless against almost every other weapon?

I think it’s crazy that a Spartan can’t hold a flag in one hand… It’s also crazy that Spartans can attach a rocket launcher to their back but not a pole with a flag on it… Not to mention that they can’t toss a flag into the passenger seat while the drive a warthog…

Here is what Frankie said about it. “Flag pistol is about feeling a shade less helpless. In reality it won’t be a good idea to engage, even in a team situation but you’ll feel more empowered for the run.”

I am interested to see it in action.

I’m getting so -Yoinking!- sick of people crying about every single little detail. You guys keep it up and they will stop catering to the competitive side altogether.

IMO it will make people more likely to run objective.

I love the idea

I don’t see what the problem is you still need teammates to help you a pistol won’t provide you with the opportunity to wreak havoc

> I think it’s crazy that a Spartan can’t hold a flag in one hand… It’s also crazy that Spartans can attach a rocket launcher to their back but not a pole with a flag on it… Not to mention that they can’t toss a flag into the passenger seat while the drive a warthog…

I think it’s crazy how a Spartans shield can be weakened by bullets. Or how they can’t swim. I also think its silly how a Spartan can’t hold two primary weapons, one in each hand. Or he fact that they actually MISS shots.

Oh wait. This is a video game.

Don’t know how I feel about this. I really liked Speedflag in Reach. I wonder how juggling will work, if at all.

> I’m getting so -Yoinking!- sick of people crying about every single little detail. You guys keep it up and they will stop catering to the competitive side altogether.

Yeah, because they do SOO much for the competitive community already.

Face the facts.

> I don’t see what the problem is you still need teammates to help you a pistol won’t provide you with the opportunity to wreak havoc

Exactly

> > I think it’s crazy that a Spartan can’t hold a flag in one hand… It’s also crazy that Spartans can attach a rocket launcher to their back but not a pole with a flag on it… Not to mention that they can’t toss a flag into the passenger seat while the drive a warthog…
>
> I think it’s crazy how a Spartans shield can be weakened by bullets. Or how they can’t swim. I also think its silly how a Spartan can’t hold two primary weapons, one in each hand. Or he fact that they actually MISS shots.
>
> Oh wait. This is a video game.

Where is the teamwork if you have a Spartan with two primaries that never misses?

> IMO it will make people more likely to run objective.

I hope so.

This community is typical.

-Says pistol in hand discourages teamwork
-Says flag juggling is good ignoring the fact that it reduces teamwork required to score

->Seriously?

I want to see it in action before making any judgement.

Pistol is 6sk with tons of bloom/spread. It will be perfect for finishing off enemies you’re teammates just wounded.

Am I the only one who is thinking, finally…another way to defend yourself in CTF other than the ineffective melee attack?

I will be more tempted to actually play the objective now…sounds like the changes have worked.

OP couldn’t just reply to one of the already existing threads?

I wonder how this will work. What if you don’t have a side-arm equipped? Do you just carry the flag as usual with two hands? Or does it equip automatically even if you don’t have a side-arm in your Loadout?

1. We have settings in Reach that allow flags to be placed on the backs of the players and full use of weapons AND vehicles can be had (even full use of AA’s can be had).

2. Now is this gametype a forced M6 no matter what your secondary is when carrying the flag, is it your secondary, and does having FP (firepower) allow a player to carry something other than a secondary when carrying the flag???

3. I like how the pistolier can pop headshots, but I’d love to have a PP to assist my team more offensively when flag carrying.