Seriously 343?

Squad Slayer gets 85% bloom before Arena?

what is this i don’t even

No, seriously, I don’t know what to say. Why would the self proclaimed most competitive playlist not be made more competitive before a casual playlist? Sense no make.

To see how things work out?

Consider it a test, 343i only took control in August, they are sorting what they want to change Reach in to.

Any imbecile can see that less bloom is more competitive. So why have they made Squad more competitive than Arena?

Because they want to see what the public feels about 85% bloom. Arena is a very small subset of the community. Competitive Reach is just not a real thing. Halo 4 will see the return of ranked and competitive play as we know it, otherwise 343i would be dropping the ball on Halo 4.

I do agree that 85% bloom is the best way that Reach can play; its as close to bloom being redundant while not making the DMR too powerful. Look to next month for Arena updates if 85% is received well this month.

> Any imbecile can see that less bloom is more competitive. So why have they made Squad more competitive than Arena?

Once again!

Testing how it plays in a fast-action playlist is better than to whack it in, only for changes needing to be made, take the MLG Playlist a few months back, Bungie slipped an update in and messed up a few settings due to a lack of testing.

Allowing players to play these settings in another Slayer playlist is better and getting feedback for it before whacking it into other playlists.

I think we should be happy that 343i is taking an active role in trying to fix what bungie broke with Reach. They could just as easily let it slide until their baby comes out next year, which would bring a huge rush of players back who hate Reach. Instead they are trying to fix what they can to keep the community happy and interested. I doubt that 343i makes profits on Reach directly anyway, maybe only the newest map pack. The rest likely still goes into MS’s and Bungie’s coffers.

Haven’t seen ANY action planned towards fixing Arena yet even though the removal of Jetpack and Sword Base, Reflection and Uncaged is an absolute necessity.

bs angel even said something along the lines of, “I don’t think we have any plans for Arena but I’ll pass your concerns on to the Matchmaking team.”

I’m asking myself, where does this elusive Matchmaking team live? A cave deep in Venezuela? Mars? They seem to be having difficulty getting in contact with them because updating the Arena gametype to have no jetpack and removing 3 maps from rotation can’t be the hardest thing in the world.

Either you’re ignorant or didn’t read anyone’s responses. Arena is a small subsect of those interested in Reach. Very small, mainly because Bungie screwed up competitive gameplay with Reach. I still stand by the idea that 343i is doing a service to the community by updating a game they make no or little profit from.

Your argument could be made for many playlists, not just arena. Like why haven’t we seen changes in Snipers or SWAT or whatever. Arena will get its time, even from 343i, but they aren’t going to put something into the playlist which has the most criticizing players, and you aren’t making a case against that here. Play some squad slayer, or whatever playlist you like; just because Arena is labeled the competitive playlist doesn’t mean if you drift away from it people are going to care.

And these are your opinions on what needs to be changed. I don’t disagree that jetpack is odd for Arena, but some people make it work well, and I see teams dominate who can master the bait and snag with jetpack. Arena is the last stop for many general changes, because it is not a general playlist. I think the fact that 343i came up with 85% bloom and how well it does is something to be grateful for to begin with. Arena will get its time, just not right out of the gates.

> Either you’re ignorant or didn’t read anyone’s responses. Arena is a small subsect of those interested in Reach. Very small, mainly because Bungie screwed up competitive gameplay with Reach. I still stand by the idea that 343i is doing a service to the community by updating a game they make no or little profit from.
>
> Your argument could be made for many playlists, not just arena. Like why haven’t we seen changes in Snipers or SWAT or whatever. Arena will get its time, even from 343i, but they aren’t going to put something into the playlist which has the most criticizing players, and you aren’t making a case against that here. Play some squad slayer, or whatever playlist you like, just because Arena is labeled the competitive playlist doesn’t mean if you drift away from it people are going to care.

Arena has only a small population because it’s a failure at the moment.

And actually, it always has been.

One of the goals of the Arena was to stop second accounts by forcing people’s rank to reset after an amount of time anyway.

So what happens when the rank resets? The good players play the bad players again which was the whole problem with second accounts, so it just makes the problem worse. Then the bad players stop playing, and the good players stop playing because the settings are catered to bad players (who don’t play anyway).

If they updated the settingd then it would be more popular but at the moment I can’t see any reason for anyone to play Arena when there is ZB MLG with more competitive maps and gametypes.

I guess ignorance is bliss because you seem to be trying to argue against me, yet you are just further expressing my point.

> Any imbecile can see that less bloom is more competitive. So why have they made Squad more competitive than Arena?

settings don’t make a game competitive, the players do.

This post has been edited by a Moderator: Per the forum rules, stat flaming is not allowed.

> > Any imbecile can see that less bloom is more competitive. So why have they made Squad more competitive than Arena?
>
> settings don’t make a game competitive, the players do.

What on earth gave you that idea?

> > > Any imbecile can see that less bloom is more competitive. So why have they made Squad more competitive than Arena?
> >
> > settings don’t make a game competitive, the players do.
>
> What on earth gave you that idea?

because any game can be competitive, it just depends on who is playing it.

> > I guess ignorance is bliss because you seem to be trying to argue against me, yet you are just further expressing my point.
>
> You’re a 30% Gold so I can only assume you don’t have sufficient experience in the Arena to see the problems that are evident at high level gameplay with the jetpack that don’t exist at lower levels because the players are too bad to use them.

Actually I was 30% gold at the end of the season, which I only played until late october/early november. I was onyx though not 50% like yourself, I think I broached 70% at one point. And I DO have arena playtime, though not to the level of yourself. You by far are more interested in Arena, but I am equally interested in well developed competitive gameplay, the likes of Halo 2 and 3. Reach’s Arena does not work, period. It didn’t work when your rating score was the deciding factor, and it still doesn’t work because Reach is a flawed Halo multiplayer experience. Even if you add in 85% bloom, unless you take out armor abilities altogether, it will not be the right experience you are looking for. Reach is Reach, and I don’t think that 343i is going to try and mimic what they are wanting in Halo 4, because it will take away from their updates and innovations if we get tastes of it now. We have less than a year until a good halo comes out, Arena is not going to get fixed to the level you want, just like Reach will never be fixed to the level most people want. We can only wait.

Were it so easy.

> > > I guess ignorance is bliss because you seem to be trying to argue against me, yet you are just further expressing my point.
> >
> > You’re a 30% Gold so I can only assume you don’t have sufficient experience in the Arena to see the problems that are evident at high level gameplay with the jetpack that don’t exist at lower levels because the players are too bad to use them.
>
> Actually I was 30% gold at the end of the season, which I only played until late october/early november. I was onyx though not 50% like yourself, I think I broached 70% at one point. And I DO have arena playtime, though not to the level of yourself. You by far are more interested in Arena, but I am equally interested in well developed competitive gameplay, the likes of Halo 2 and 3. Reach’s Arena does not work, period. It didn’t work when your rating score was the deciding factor, and it still doesn’t work because Reach is a flawed Halo multiplayer experience. Even if you add in 85% bloom, unless you take out armor abilities altogether, it will not be the right experience you are looking for. Reach is Reach, and I don’t think that 343i is going to try and mimic what they are wanting in Halo 4, because it will take away from their updates and innovations if we get tastes of it now. We have less than a year until a good halo comes out, Arena is not going to get fixed to the level you want, just like Reach will never be fixed to the level most people want. We can only wait.
>
> Were it so easy.

^
True words of wisdom here in which I can agree to

> Reach’s Arena does not work, period. It didn’t work when your rating score was the deciding factor, and it still doesn’t work because Reach is a flawed Halo multiplayer experience. Even if you add in 85% bloom, unless you take out armor abilities altogether, it will not be the right experience you are looking for.

While this is correct, a compromise is better than nothing and it would probably take no more than half an hour to change the Arena playlist to Zero Bloom and no Jetpack loadout and to remove the unbalanced maps (SB, Reflection, Uncaged)

I appreciate that they’re working on Halo 4 but these changes would hardly require a lot o f time or effort, especially when you compare them with the improvements such small and effortless changes would bring.

If they had put in the settings only to find some easily-exploitable bug/unexpected behaviour afterwards, they would have a whole other level of -Yoink–storm on their hands.

The point is to just test it out for now. They will put it in Arena later, chill.

Though I do agree this whole process should have been quicker in the first place…

> If they had put in the settings only to find some easily-exploitable bug/unexpected behaviour afterwards, they would have a whole other level of Yoink!-storm on their hands.
>
> Though I do agree this whole process should have been quicker in the first place…

That is a good point. If they put the anni pistol in it would completely change the playlist, and it wouldn’t be towards a more competitive side. They need to make sure weapon changes do not break the system on a large scale before putting it in Arena, since Arena tracks your progress game my game, it would skew the whole season. Other things could change much easier though, no question there.

The update -Yoinking!- fails anyways, all playlists should’ve been changed at once… i love how 343 put their playlist on top of bungies too, these guys are jokes…

Bungie made the game your -Yoinking!- with, and you put your annivers maps on top, get real.

If its a playlist update, UPDATE THEM ALL AT ONCE! who actually likes playing a game of squad with 85% and then jumping into arena and getting pooped on because ur not used to
-85% … get real The ZB update better not even come to update anyways keep it normal bloom, make a 85% bloom slayer + objective playlist, and a ZB Slayer+Objective playlist…

bang, everyones problems are solved, as for Arena if depends on the person, i would like it to have 85% … but it if changes KEEP IT THRO THE WHLE PLAYLIST! Bloom no bloom is like playing a completely new game every -Yoink!- time, i’d have alot more fun jumping from playlist to playlist keeping my settings the same.

Enough with the garbage updates, quit smashing your chests saying “I OWN HALO NOW NUB” cuz your wrong, we own halo, us the fans made halo what it is, if you keep -Yoinking!- with Reach, to beta test your halo 4 Multiplayer your game will fail… and thats a promise