Serious Halo fan looking for a Halo only group? You just found it!

> > Check us out on Face Book! Check us out on Google Plus! Follow us on Twiiter! Got a smart phone? Check out our QR Code! Scan that QR Code with a QR app. on a smart phone and get taken directly to our info! Don’t forget to check out our group montages!
>
> We have established forums for Halo CE Anniversary and Halo 4. We will continue to be the TOTAL Halo experience!

Looking for a place where Spartans and Elites play? Where the occasional Squeaky Sheep can be found? A place where everything Halo roams? A place that you can call your Halo home? Well look no further, Midland Base is that place.

Established 26 FEB 10, Midland Base is one of the largest and most active groups supporting everything Halo. With members hailing from North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, there is generally someone on line to play with. From Halo CE to Halo: Reach and everything in between, we play, forge and discuss it all.

From our website WWW.MIDLANDBASE.COM to our Discussion Forums we offer THE COMPLETE HALO EXPERIENCE!

Offering 2 game nights a week we cater to all fans. And if you can’t jump onto XBox Live to join us, there are always lots of things going on in our forums, such as our weekly screen shot caption contest.

And it doesn’t stop there, we’re always introducing stuff for member distinction and service, including our ranks and awards for members.. So go ahead, stop by any of the links and take a look for yourself, you’ll see that we’re a mature social group of gamers who enjoy linking up and playing Halo in a healthy and positive environment. And if that’s what you’re looking for, then MIDLAND BASE IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!

Still got questions? You can contact us here and one of our Group Administrators will quickly address all your questions, queries, or concerns.

So if your looking for a home, where the Squeaky Sheep roam, where the Spartans and Elites play; where seldom is heard a discouraging word, and the ranks aren’t clouded with boosters - then give us a shout and we’ll get it worked out, so you can join in the fun and play!

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you, The Midland Base Team.

> We have completed integrating our new eight post per month minimum participation requirement into our group with our full deployment of new ranks to our group that are obtained based on forum post count.
>
> We have also consolidated our list of in group ranks and in group awards into one chart so it is very easily understood. You can see our ranks and awards here:
>
> Midland Base ranks and awards
>
> We are still a group. We have no minimum skill requirement, and do not require you to change your gamer tag, call out, emblem, armor permutation, or colors.

>> This has been a squeaky sheep service announcement <<

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/414602/Group/GroupHome.aspx That is were.

> http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/414602/Group/GroupHome.aspx That is were.

I don’t hardly think so.

You’re three months old (and act like it by hijacking another group’s ad thread).

While we’ve been around almost two years.

Also, we’re on new, modern forums, not the obsolescent forums of the former developer.

Why is the home page on a .com domain, yet the forums are on a different domain? From seeing people getting their computer messed up to sites pulling URL stunts, I can’t help but feel suspicious of some kind of scam trying to hide itself. Not saying you are, just looks really suspicious from past experiences of fixing Mal-infested computers.

I’m thinking of joining for some mature players to join up. Be really nice to find some team-like players to laugh with.

edit:
Never mind, I can’t stand even trying to read this: http://www.midlandbase.com/Page6.html

Yellow text on black, with part of the background moving. Nothing against MasterCheif, but I had to remove him along with parts of the background and music just so I could sit and read without getting a headache.

Looks good at a glance, but try being the people on the other side that first come and have to concentrate just to read a few paragraphs.

And honestly, a youtube video at the bottom of the page just for music? I think the designer was being a bit lazy.

I’ll reply to your first part because it’s real easy to accuse and insinuate stuff.

I bought our .com and .net to help get us found in search engines. The .com had our content hosted by GoDaddy and the .net was pointed to the .com.

Our forums were originally www.midlandbaseplayshalo.enjin.com but I thought a better use of the domain I bought was to configure it to be the one for our forums which are hosted by Enjin.

So our forums are our .net as they are hosted by Enjin, and our website is the .com and hosted by GoDaddy.

Bungie owns its domain name on a .com and .net why don’t you go post in their forums and accuse them of the same thing.

Many organizations own their domain name across several “dots” for advertising reasons and there is nothing nefarious about it. If you really knew what you were talking about you would know that.

As to the rest of what you wrote, whatever.

> edit:
> Never mind, I can’t stand even trying to read this: http://www.midlandbase.com/Page6.html
>
> Yellow text on black, with part of the background moving. Nothing against MasterCheif, but I had to remove him along with parts of the background and music just so I could sit and read without getting a headache.
>
> Looks good at a glance, but try being the people on the other side that first come and have to concentrate just to read a few paragraphs.
>
> And honestly, a youtube video at the bottom of the page just for music? I think the designer was being a bit lazy.

I’ve been a member for a year and some change. I read the thing all the way through with no problems. Of course the background isn’t moving for me but it probably wouldn’t bother me either way.

That’s better than a site that has music you don’t like and can’t figure out how to stop.

Why would I look any further when it is right in front of me? >.>

While Waypoint is indeed in front of you, it’s the offical developer’s website / forum. Not a private community group / clan.

If you’re a hard core highly skilled player that feels winning is very important than you should join a clan, so that you can regularly play with the same folks regularly. Be advised, most clans require some changes to gamer tag, armor perm, armor color, emblem, and call out or some combination of those. They also have pretty strict participation standards in forum and in game.

Groups (like us)are more relaxed. We want to win, but still have fun if we don’t. We don’t mandate that you change anything, and have a very low minimum participation requiremet. If you’re not the best and want to play with friendly people that just don’t care you’re looking for a group.

But just surfing the forums here isn’t going to get you playing with the same tight nit group of people daily like joining a clan or group will.

If you’re very good and aren’t having fun if you’re not winning, look into a clan, several good ones are asdvertising here.

If you play for fun and enjoy playing win or lose and don’t want to change anything, look into a group. Several (including us) are recruiting :slight_smile: