Serina and Halo Wars 2 opening cinematic

In the opening cinematic we hear Serina’s full report to captain Cutter.She doesn’t mention the Flood but she does say that they have been adrift for about 28 years.How does she know this if she has been dead long before the Spirit of Fire even reached the Ark.I think that she programed a message to play in certain conditions come into play. Maybe a clock to keep track of time? Your thoughts?

She would have left a very small part of herself or created a dumb AI in the system in case they needed to be taken out of cryo sleep.

If they got slip spaced after 28 years she would have been long dead/rampant by then. This would be why she only says “something has happened” rather then explain they have been transported via slips space to a place outside of the Galaxy faster than they thought possible.

> 2580187286538736;2:
> She would have left a very small part of herself or created a dumb AI in the system in case they needed to be taken out of cryo sleep.
>
> If they got slip spaced after 28 years she would have been long dead/rampant by then. This would be why she only says “something has happened” rather then explain they have been transported via slips space to a place outside of the Galaxy faster than they thought possible.

I see. Thanks. That was very ‘smart’ of her. Lol

Hopefuly Isabel will laster longer <3

> 2533274812017904;4:
> Hopefuly Isabel will laster longer <3

She’ll last seven years, if she doesn’t

Join CortanaH4rr0 is correct however, it would not be hard to record a message and have the code in the message automatically pick the year and most appropriate circumstances. Wonder how many messages were recorded…

> 2533274847364210;5:
> > 2533274812017904;4:
> > Hopefuly Isabel will laster longer <3
>
> She’ll last seven years, if she doesn’t
>
>
> Join CortanaH4rr0 is correct however, it would not be hard to record a message and have the code in the message automatically pick the year and most appropriate circumstances. Wonder how many messages were recorded…

Theoretically, millions. This is a Smart AI we’re talking about. They can do billions of calculations in under a second. Serina could have composed messages till the theoretical end of the Spirit of Fire’s operational lifespan.

> 2533274907200114;6:
> > 2533274847364210;5:
> > > 2533274812017904;4:
> > > Hopefuly Isabel will laster longer <3
> >
> > She’ll last seven years, if she doesn’t
> >
> >
> > Join CortanaH4rr0 is correct however, it would not be hard to record a message and have the code in the message automatically pick the year and most appropriate circumstances. Wonder how many messages were recorded…
>
> Theoretically, millions. This is a Smart AI we’re talking about. They can do billions of calculations in under a second. Serina could have composed messages till the theoretical end of the Spirit of Fire’s operational lifespan.

If she did that many I would be interested in hearing them. She was entering rampancy at that point.

> 2535436621949926;1:
> In the opening cinematic we hear Serina’s full report to captain Cutter.She doesn’t mention the Flood but she does say that they have been adrift for about 28 years.How does she know this if she has been dead long before the Spirit of Fire even reached the Ark.I think that she programed a message to play in certain conditions come into play. Maybe a clock to keep track of time? Your thoughts?

That is a really good point that the story team just retconned the flood Completly it seems like. And she probably indeed did leave some logic fragment to give that report or something.

It’s pretty sad they are leaving the flood behind in favor of a more “younger age friendly” halo. I wish they would at least introduce the precursors somehow instead of taking something away without adding anything else (you could argue they added banished but they took the Couvenant away for the most part (mostly defeated by swords of sanghelios??) so that balances out.

> 2535436621949926;7:
> > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > 2533274847364210;5:
> > > > 2533274812017904;4:
> > > > Hopefuly Isabel will laster longer <3
> > >
> > > She’ll last seven years, if she doesn’t
> > >
> > >
> > > Join CortanaH4rr0 is correct however, it would not be hard to record a message and have the code in the message automatically pick the year and most appropriate circumstances. Wonder how many messages were recorded…
> >
> > Theoretically, millions. This is a Smart AI we’re talking about. They can do billions of calculations in under a second. Serina could have composed messages till the theoretical end of the Spirit of Fire’s operational lifespan.
>
> If she did that many I would be interested in hearing them. She was entering rampancy at that point.

I’m sure the extraneous messages would have been automatically deleted upon becoming redundant. And full messages probably weren’t necessary as I can’t see her giving that sad speech a few million times. I’m sure the [date] and [reason] would have been replaced to fill out the one message that eventually gets played. And because she’s a smart ai (or because of emotional storytelling) it wouldn’t sound patched in.