Sergeant Johnson, Halo 3: ODST - Pre Order

Personally, I don’t think many people would care to hear about this but some people could relate to my issue. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SERGEANT JOHNSON! Honestly, people paid good money for Sgt Maj. Johnson. And you just want it? Because Bungie actually lived up to their promise unlike EA. I paid $30 more for some Pre Order stuff in BF1, 1 week later, buy it for $20. That really got to me, I paid that money for it and I got nothing. But for the people who Pre Ordered Halo 3: ODST they got Johnson. And I do not think they should release it, besides why would they? It is a almost 8 year old game. It would make no sense to release it. This post is stupid but I just wanted to share my own thought on this. Even though this is a old subject it still is in the hearts of us Early Halo gamer’s who have been playing since Halo: Combat Evolved from 2001. - Hawker 521

> 2535460857823885;1:
> Personally, I don’t think many people would care to hear about this but some people could relate to my issue. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SERGEANT JOHNSON! Honestly, people paid good money for Sgt Maj. Johnson. And you just want it? Because Bungie actually lived up to their promise unlike EA. I paid $30 more for some Pre Order stuff in BF1, 1 week later, buy it for $20. That really got to me, I paid that money for it and I got nothing. But for the people who Pre Ordered Halo 3: ODST they got Johnson. And I do not think they should release it, besides why would they? It is a almost 8 year old game. It would make no sense to release it. This post is stupid but I just wanted to share my own thought on this. Even though this is a old subject it still is in the hearts of us Early Halo gamer’s who have been playing since Halo: Combat Evolved from 2001. - Hawker 521

As he’s locked off on the disc unless you have a code to unlock him, it’d be the moral choice to release him for free.

> 2535453538987120;2:
> > 2535460857823885;1:
> >
>
> As he’s locked off on the disc unless you have a code to unlock him, it’d be the moral choice to release him for free.

Plus making things exclusive just so people can say “I have this and you can’t, HAR HAR” is a -Yoink- business practice. Everyone should have access to the same game content.

If anything, the should have made Johnson exclusive for a few months before allowing everyone to play as him.

There’s no justifiable reason to fence off content like this. It’s basically stating that someone that buys the game new now gets less than someone that bought it new on launch day. There are many reasons why someone may not be able to get a game launch day- finances, age restrictions, don’t have a console yet, etc.

In general I am opposed to both preorder and hype culture, as they are bad for us, the consumers.

I happen to agree with you man. I wish I could go back and get the flaming warthog for Halo Wars 1 but I am not complaining to get it haha.