Serena over powered

The leader Serena is too overpowered. The ability to freeze everything makes the game very unfair very early as you only need a few cyro units from the barracks to wipe out an army and base in less than 5 mins. I am yet to find a counter so to protect my win/lose I have been playing her but it makes the other leaders pointless and I enjoy playing as a number of them.

The frost aura is getting nerfed with the next patch.

I have to agree with this statement one time during a match I couldn’t defend from a attack because all of my units were frozen and couldn’t engage any hostiles at my base due to my unit spawn point being frozen.

Yeah. I know I might get a lot of flack for this, but she reminds me of pre-displacement need Shipmaster. She can literally decide when and where she wants to fight because she has 4 freezing abilities plus a shatter. Idk how it is is 1s, but you can’t run away from a good Serina in team war and you can’t attack her. As a Shipmaster, I have to literally know EXACTLY when her powers will recharge and keep a Teleport handy just in case she tries to drop an ice bomb+shatter. Granted, she can’t do much to me offensively outside of Kodiaks, but yeah…

She getting the changes she needs in this next patch to put her more in line. If shes still too crazy, itll probably be slightly adjusted more after the patch hits and its noticed.

Serina is strong but I wouldn’t consider her “op”

Only thing I have a problem with her is her cryo troopers have too much survivablity against scouts, which are supposed to counter. Her freeze perk needs two points as well, otherwise, honestly I think she is mid to upper tier. She is very powerful in teams if you have teammates who are paying close attention to what she can offer but in ones, her strengths are just as good as anyone else, if you can beat her off her early and find away to get to her hero unit yer fine. She’s not as strong as you think. There are a lot of leaders who I would put ahead of her right now.

Not to mention the system can’t really handle all the ice all that well.

The ice thing is pretty annoying but I wouldn’t call it OP. The units that can chill things are the Frostravens, cryotroopers, and the “Bison” hero-unit(We’re only talking about units right now, Ill get to leaderpowers in a sec). The frost raven, while a cool concept, is about as much help as a marine’s “combat repair” ability, not saying they are one-in-the-same just that they are similar in usefulness. While the combat repair is useful in certain situations it is very situational. And that goes for the frost raven. It does it’s job, but they don’t do AOE and they are relatively slow in actually “Chilling” things. So you need a bunch of them to make them viable. The cryo troopers are pretty good early game but after that, just like almost any infantry-based unit, they become useless. That Bison is definitely a must pick, great damage, great range, great health, chills, does AOE damage, has a freezing aura around it making it hard to assault it. Would not mind a nerf or something to this thing. The leader powers are about as good as the bison, which is REALLY good. The ice-shard-things she drops are good for pretty much anything including combat, her “Cryo Bomb-Seismic Blast” combo is hard hitting. Overall she is good, but definitely not OP. AI units shut down the cryo rush, but her late game potential plus her awesome hero and leaderpowers do make me want a buff.

> 2535431243595189;9:
> That Bison is definitely OP, great damage, great range, great health, chills, does AOE damage, is mobile, has a freezing aura around it making it hard to assault it and it is fast.

The Bison isn’t OP. It’s one of the better Heroes, but that doesn’t make it OP. I have no clue where you got the notion that it’s fast either. It’s quite slow. It’s much like the Warlord and Pavium in that if you lose the fight you have no chance of retreat due to low movement speed. All you have to do is surround it with infantry and it will die quickly.

> 2533274830489835;10:
> > 2535431243595189;9:
> > That Bison is definitely OP, great damage, great range, great health, chills, does AOE damage, is mobile, has a freezing aura around it making it hard to assault it and it is fast.
>
> The Bison isn’t OP. It’s one of the better Heroes, but that doesn’t make it OP. I have no clue where you got the notion that it’s fast either. It’s quite slow. It’s much like the Warlord and Pavium in that if you lose the fight you have no chance of retreat due to low movement speed. All you have to do is surround it with infantry and it will die quickly.

Edited it to make it more correct, may have gotten it mixed up with something else when describing it’s mobility.

She isn’t OP, but is still a strong leader. You just have to be very aggressive when engaging her. Her DPS is backloaded in army engagements, so the faster and more aggressively you attack, the less time she has to freeze and shatter. Her only nuke is a combo as well, so try to keep your opponent off balance and when you attack make sure you commit because retreating from her is painful.

Almost 3 years later and no change… Another Halo Disappointment (sigh)…

Serina is incredibly over powered. So hate to say it but all the people trying to say that it is not are probably all Serina players and just don’t want it to be changed.
Here is how she is OP:

• She as a strong and fast Early game, as well as her hero (The Bison). - Frost Ravens and Cryo Troopers are almost easy and fast to get early game if proper resource management is used, and when you have a good number of them there is no beating them, which leads to number three… - She literally has the ability to freeze and stop your troops, AND still be able to attack them. The only other leader I know that has the “Freeze your units” ability is Arbiter (Which is stasis), but when used he cannot attack the units (or buildings even) that are affected by stasis (Whether it’s the grenades that the Enforcers use, or it’s the actual leader Abilities; Mass Stasis, etc.). Not the same case for Serina. She can literally stop/freeze your troops at any point and time, whether it’s her units doing it or her leader powers, and she can continue attacking and killing your Army/Base. - Along with all that she also has leader abilities that can practically wipe out your army almost instantly. All she has to do is freeze everything and then use her Seismic Blast, which practically kills everything that was and is frozen.I am not gonna sit here and say that she is a terrible leader. Definitely is not. But I will stand and say that she is a bit overpowered. That is in the early game. If you can manage to survive to the mid to late game, where you can start getting Middle to top tier units out, she can most definitely be beaten if played right. I will say I have beaten her on multiple 3v3’s. However 2v2s are incredibly hard and almost impossible to face if she gets her early game in.

> 2535463388802323;1:
> The leader Serena is too overpowered. The ability to freeze everything makes the game very unfair very early as you only need a few cyro units from the barracks to wipe out an army and base in less than 5 mins. I am yet to find a counter so to protect my win/lose I have been playing her but it makes the other leaders pointless and I enjoy playing as a number of them.

1. Scout, if she gets a barracks then get a turret.
  2. Just get as big an army as you can early on.

Early aggression is only effective if you don’t see her barracks.

Edit: this is a 2018 post lol