Sentry Turret Info

The guys just showed what the sentry turret is like. It tkae a good 9 shots to take aplayer down who has full sheilds. But it only takes 4 shots to destroy it

Four shots from what? Please be specific.

Might be able to put it in cover, like by a rock, or on top a base, could be sniped though, maybe best for ambush purposes

> Four shots from what? Please be specific.

The DMR killed it in 4 shots so i clearly cant take that much damage. The only other question is how long it stays before it times out. It seems to be more of a AA that you drop out if your about to die, it could get the kill after you die

May work well in objective games. i don’t think they are ment to kill they are ment to weaken an opponent or as a distraction.

> > Four shots from what? Please be specific.
>
> The DMR killed it in 4 shots so i clearly cant take that much damage. The only other question is how long it stays before it times out. It seems to be more of a AA that you drop out if your about to die, it could get the kill after you die

Anywhere specific? Sometimes Vehicles have weaknesses, I don’t see why a turret wouldn’t, Tank, canopy, wraith Back, ghost, side, Banshee, back, if it fly strait away, shoot em’ in the -Yoink-, and so on

Nice to hear details! I fear however, it won’t be well received by the community.

> May work well in objective games. i don’t think they are ment to kill they are ment to weaken an opponent or as a distraction.

Thats what it comes off as. It could help if your protecting your team’s flag in CTF but i cant see it being a very popular choise

how slow is its ROF? i think it would be best if you use it to double team someone. but using it as a distraction is kinda dumb since you have the hologram for that. ill try it when i get the game but from the looks of it it seems like its power needs to be increased just by a little or its ROF needs to be increased.

I think it could actually work well in dominion. Get enough of them to put in your base and it could provide a new level of protection.

Does it show up on radar? it would be nice for droppin behind you so you dont get snuck up on while snippin.

How would this work on unlimited AA? I see it as bubble shield, disappears and resets a new one

> Does it show up on radar? it would be nice for droppin behind you so you dont get snuck up on while snippin.

That i did not see but its pretty large so i can see it being hard to hide

and can you set down multiple?

> and can you set down multiple?

Not sure, it seems to have a long recharge time plus im willing to bet that once it recharges the first one you put down will vanish

Think about it guys.
It takes 4 shots to kill it.
In the time it takes an enemy to kill it, you will have brought down his shields.
Or, because the Sentry also is attacking the enemy, you may have already killed him.
A Sentry teamed up with a Spartan would be extremely difficult to defeat.

I’ll be using it in Objective modes very often.

> Think about it guys.
> It takes 4 shots to kill it.
> In the time it takes an enemy to kill it, you will have brought down his shields.
> Or, because the Sentry also is attacking the enemy, you may have already killed him.
> A Sentry teamed up with a Spartan would be extremely difficult to defeat.
>
> I’ll be using it in Objective modes very often.

Thats where it seems it be the most usefull

> Think about it guys.
> It takes 4 shots to kill it.
> In the time it takes an enemy to kill it, you will have brought down his shields.
> Or, because the Sentry also is attacking the enemy, you may have already killed him.
> A Sentry teamed up with a Spartan would be extremely difficult to defeat.
>
> I’ll be using it in Objective modes very often.

very good post. this should be good with double teaming 1 spartan and maybe helping you out with two if you get lucky. but yea this should be good with objective game types.

(In Texan voice)-Sometimes you just need a little less gun.

did you expect it to be a powerhouse? its meant to be a distraction, not to wipe out the entire enemy team