Sensitivity 3 or 4?

So I’m getting ready for Halo 4 and can’t decide on what sensitivity I should use. When I started playing Halo, I was using sensitivity 3 from recruit to Reclaimer and sensitivity 3 is where my solid DMR is. Seeing the MLPs (Major League Players) using sensitivity 4 proves to me that you could respond faster and have that faster speed to try and out DMR your opponent by your strafe or solid DMR skills. I’m an inheritor now and my aiming has gotten worse due to changing my sensitivity each week and getting use to each one. What sensitivity do you guys prefer to play on? I am so ready to pick a sensivity and stick with it.

Edit: I bet if I go back to sensitivity 3 right now and face another player, I will be use to sensitivity 4 and instead of moving my analog slightly, I would have moved it too much and keep missing my shots.

> So I’m getting ready for Halo 4 and can’t decide on what sensitivity I should use. When I started playing Halo, I was using sensitivity 3 from recruit to Reclaimer and sensitivity 3 is where my solid DMR is. Seeing the MLPs (Major League Players) using sensitivity 4 proves to me that you could respond faster and have that faster speed to try and out DMR your opponent by your strafe or solid DMR skills. I’m an inheritor now and my aiming has gotten worse due to changing my sensitivity each week and getting use to each one. What sensitivity do you guys prefer to play on? I am so ready to pick a sensivity and stick with it.
>
> Edit: I bet if I go back to sensitivity 3 right now and face another player, I will be use to sensitivity 4 and instead of moving my analog slightly, I would have moved it too much and keep missing my shots.

Is this a joke? I use 10 (Insane in all playlists)

7 master race!

Halo Reach is my first Halo game, so I don’t want to have to go through 4 years Halo games to get use to those.

> Halo Reach is my first Halo game, so I don’t want to have to go through 4 years Halo games to get use to those.

Don’t even bother, sensitivities that high come with a huge cost. Just keep yours at 3 or 4 depending on your preference. There is a reason why nearly every professional player is at 3 or 4.

> > So I’m getting ready for Halo 4 and can’t decide on what sensitivity I should use. When I started playing Halo, I was using sensitivity 3 from recruit to Reclaimer and sensitivity 3 is where my solid DMR is. Seeing the MLPs (Major League Players) using sensitivity 4 proves to me that you could respond faster and have that faster speed to try and out DMR your opponent by your strafe or solid DMR skills. I’m an inheritor now and my aiming has gotten worse due to changing my sensitivity each week and getting use to each one. What sensitivity do you guys prefer to play on? I am so ready to pick a sensivity and stick with it.
> >
> > Edit: I bet if I go back to sensitivity 3 right now and face another player, I will be use to sensitivity 4 and instead of moving my analog slightly, I would have moved it too much and keep missing my shots.
>
> Is this a joke? I use 10 (Insane in all playlists)

start on 4. Home it and get it down. If you feel you are overshooting your targets lower it to 3.

Overshooting means when you aim at your enemy your reticule passes over them and misses. Undershooting is when your reticule never aims on them in time and that means your sensitivity needs to be higher.

Keep in mind every controller requires a different sensitivity. I found older controllers need it a bit lower since the thumsticks are looser while newer controller you can ramp it up a bit since they are tighter.

I own a lot of different controllers (like to collect them) and I play around with sensitivity between 3-5 a lot depending on the controller I plan to use.

I use 4.

> So I’m getting ready for Halo 4 and can’t decide on what sensitivity I should use. When I started playing Halo, I was using sensitivity 3 from recruit to Reclaimer and sensitivity 3 is where my solid DMR is. Seeing the MLPs (Major League Players) using sensitivity 4 proves to me that you could respond faster and have that faster speed to try and out DMR your opponent by your strafe or solid DMR skills. I’m an inheritor now and my aiming has gotten worse due to changing my sensitivity each week and getting use to each one. What sensitivity do you guys prefer to play on? I am so ready to pick a sensivity and stick with it.
>
> Edit: I bet if I go back to sensitivity 3 right now and face another player, I will be use to sensitivity 4 and instead of moving my analog slightly, I would have moved it too much and keep missing my shots.

Different games also cause different sensitivites to be needed. Pros play 3-5. Any lower and you cant react fast enough, any higher and your reticule is going everywhere.

Find what works for you and your play style. I like to run around 7/8 on smaller maps or when I plan to run the shotgun an assault rifle; and 6 for sniping and DMR game types.

If 4 is too fast drop it to 3 or if you find that you die more at closer ranges consider going to 5.

I’ve found that 10 is best for nearly all situations but not for the player who’s used to turning around slowly, try playing Unreal Tournament (any year or subtitle) or a Quake Arena and you’ll have your chunks splayed all over the place.

Likewise, in halo titles, it serves to keep your eyes on things like banshees, dive-rolling zombies and CQC ninjas. Remember, it’s about situational and environmental awareness. Being able to twitch around at a glance and tighten up those headshots are an exercezed skill.

The important thing for you though is to keep in mind what’s going on around you and don’t get turned around the qrong way.

Play on something fairly high, like 7 or 8 for about a dozen games, the more the better. Be prepared to get your butt handed to you, then one digit at a time lower your sensitivity down. You should be able to go up a notch or two comfortably.

Repeat the process and you should be able to work yourself up.

Just play on whatever feels comfortable for you!

Personally? I’ve found that 3 is just a bit too slow, but 4 feels just right. I don’t overshoot my targets but turn just fast enough to avoid incoming assassinations or such.

i play on 1 usually.

Four.
And a half. Kidding.
Just four. It works very well.

4 Inverted

I bounce between 3 and 4. My right thumb tends twitch alot for no apparent reason so I lower it back to 3 most of the time.

If you have time you should try many different sens. I tested myself only with 2-7

To test a new sensitivity you need three weeks total.

Two weeks you simply play using that sens. Third week, track you K/D and W/L. If you know how, make side notes on what weapons worked well for you (example: at higher sens I noted my DMR, NR K/D improved where as sniper skills suffered at sens 6 and higher)

After 15 weeks I had enough numbers that proved my instincts were wrong. I thought sense 4 was best for me but it turns out I do much better on 5 (sens 6 if playing griffball or swat)

After I made the switch I noticed many more screams over headset “your cheating, imma report you for aimbotting” I guess fast reaction times equal cheating.

You can run this test on smaller time frames but I think this is the best if you desire to be certain.

play at 10(insane) since Halo 2. Haven’t gone back. The only and i mean ONLY time i would switch to lets say…7-8 is if i just stopped playing MW1 or something, which has a faster movement speed.

> > > So I’m getting ready for Halo 4 and can’t decide on what sensitivity I should use. When I started playing Halo, I was using sensitivity 3 from recruit to Reclaimer and sensitivity 3 is where my solid DMR is. Seeing the MLPs (Major League Players) using sensitivity 4 proves to me that you could respond faster and have that faster speed to try and out DMR your opponent by your strafe or solid DMR skills. I’m an inheritor now and my aiming has gotten worse due to changing my sensitivity each week and getting use to each one. What sensitivity do you guys prefer to play on? I am so ready to pick a sensivity and stick with it.
> > >
> > > Edit: I bet if I go back to sensitivity 3 right now and face another player, I will be use to sensitivity 4 and instead of moving my analog slightly, I would have moved it too much and keep missing my shots.
> >
> > Is this a joke? I use 10 (Insane in all playlists)

It’s how I play. I’m not a bad aim so shouldn’t have to wait for my camera to catch up with me.