Selfish Teammates

I know the real reason Halo 4 is unpopular. Is it just me or there just COD noobs running around our halo world? My teammates always have no sense of strategy. Just sit behind rocks and hide and pop out and shoot the DMR. I am always getting triple teamed or killed from behind from the direction of our base. No one ever has my back. Halo 4 has become a real “friends only” game for me. I can’t seem to trust anyone online. Team play has definitely dipped in this halo for me.

EDIT: One last point. Has anyone noticed the lack of mics people are playing with? The last ten matches I have played I don’t think a single person had their mic in. No communication equals no team play. No team play equals me getting owned from every direction.

I completely agree with you.

The worst thing is people who steal your assassinations -_-

> I know the real reason Halo 4 is unpopular. Is it just me or there just COD noobs running around our halo world? My teammates always have no sense of strategy. Just sit behind rocks and hide and pop out and shoot the DMR. I am always getting triple teamed or killed from behind from the direction of our base. No one ever has my back. Halo 4 has become a real “friends only” game for me. I can’t seem to trust anyone online. Team play has definitely dipped in this halo for me.

I would suggest a clan. Randies got no place on my team.

To be fair, if you go with randoms it’s likely you’ll get terrible team players. (They may be good individually, but their cooperation…) Just go with reliable friends.

I do agree, though. Most teammates I get are selfish, and just want as many kills as they can get.

You shouldnt blame CoD for what you are experiencing. Its been getting like this since halo 2 and the increased popularity of MLG. Where people would be more concerned about their K/D and not the win… which the actual MLG people care about.

it has gotten to the point where you need friends to play with, cause no one has mics in anymore.

> The worst thing is people who steal your assassinations -_-

Agreed

Team play has been a big issue for many games, not just Halo. My big issue is the kill stealing. Having a teamate follow me around who waits till i drop someone’s sheilds then takes the kill. Iv had games where i have 15 plus assists because of this

CoD basically stopped making it team orientated. I hope 343i has enough since not to.

> To be fair, if you go with randoms it’s likely you’ll get terrible team players. (They may be good individually, but their cooperation…) Just go with reliable friends.
>
> I do agree, though. Most teammates I get are selfish, and just want as many kills as they can get.

Yes I know there is a huge risk playing with randoms. I played all the halos before this though, and it just seems that the people online in Halo 4 are the most selfish people I have ever played with. This one guy earlier just watched me get massacred by three people and then came in and finished all my kills. Either I have HORRIBLE luck at finding random people or people are just jerks that play this game.

> You shouldnt blame CoD for what you are experiencing. Its been getting like this since halo 2 and the increased popularity of MLG. Where people would be more concerned about their K/D and not the win… which the actual MLG people care about.
>
> it has gotten to the point where you need friends to play with, cause no one has mics in anymore.

Sorry if I came across wrong, I am not blaming COD. I am saying people are bringing COD tactics into what used to be a team strategy game. Never before on Vahalla have I seen basically a sniper fight in BTB. In Halo 3, it was about team play to gain map-control and weapon-control. This strategy is gone. And I don’t think it is all 343’s fault. If people just started playing the way it used to, everything would be alright. I know this is a false hope.

You know what I deal with everyday, and on halo?

• People.

You know how I deal with those kinds?

• Kick their a-ss really

If someone steals your weapons, rid them. Or kill them, make them suicide. Not hard to do. Just whatever you do in retaliation makes it unpleasant for them under 10 minutes.

> CoD basically stopped making it team orientated. I hope 343i has enough since not to.

seriously whats up with you people and blaming CoD.

Ive been playing Both series since the beginning, and if anything CoD has always had better players and people willing to work as a team or join a team. While Halo, my god, its like trying to Herd Blind Cats. And the standard for a good player is even higher. so high i wouldnt play with 80% of halo players. brain dead lack of cooperation and skills.

God, I hate that -Yoink-.

I only do it to my friends because it’s funny, but people online just do it to be jerks.

EVERY video game is like this, it’s online gaming. Get a full team, that simple.

What I want to know, is why in the world with 343 keep the yoinking system. If I got behind someone and actually performed an assassination, I believe I earn that kill, not for it to be stealing by someone who did nothing to help at all.

> > You shouldnt blame CoD for what you are experiencing. Its been getting like this since halo 2 and the increased popularity of MLG. Where people would be more concerned about their K/D and not the win… which the actual MLG people care about.
> >
> > it has gotten to the point where you need friends to play with, cause no one has mics in anymore.
>
> Sorry if I came across wrong, I am not blaming COD. I am saying people are bringing COD tactics into what used to be a team strategy game. Never before on Vahalla have I seen basically a sniper fight in BTB. In Halo 3, it was about team play to gain map-control and weapon-control. This strategy is gone. And I don’t think it is all 343’s fault. If people just started playing the way it used to, everything would be alright. I know this is a false hope.

what do you consider CoD tactics? and why are they bad?

I have a lot of experience with CoD, and when I think of CoD tactics, I think of moving as a squad, taking Cover, not standing in the open when shooting, taking control of choke points and enemy movement.

Surely any “CoD noobs” are over in blops2 rather then Halo. The selfish teammates have been in every Halo, everyone is too damn concerned about their k/d.

Also the concern about there being no point to map control any more, I think is a little too much. Even though there are no dedicated weapon spawns any more, holding key areas of the map is still useful as hell to keep pressure on a team.

> > > You shouldnt blame CoD for what you are experiencing. Its been getting like this since halo 2 and the increased popularity of MLG. Where people would be more concerned about their K/D and not the win… which the actual MLG people care about.
> > >
> > > it has gotten to the point where you need friends to play with, cause no one has mics in anymore.
> >
> > Sorry if I came across wrong, I am not blaming COD. I am saying people are bringing COD tactics into what used to be a team strategy game. Never before on Vahalla have I seen basically a sniper fight in BTB. In Halo 3, it was about team play to gain map-control and weapon-control. This strategy is gone. And I don’t think it is all 343’s fault. If people just started playing the way it used to, everything would be alright. I know this is a false hope.
>
> what do you consider CoD tactics? and why are they bad?
>
> I have a lot of experience with CoD, and when I think of CoD tactics, I think of moving as a squad, taking Cover, not standing in the open when shooting, taking control of choke points and enemy movement.

What COD are you playing?! That sounds amazing. I also have played COD pretty regularly and I know ever since MW2, it’s been guerilla war, pop and shot tactics. Listen, I am NOT blaming COD. COD tactics are fine! They just don’t belong in Halo!

> > > > You shouldnt blame CoD for what you are experiencing. Its been getting like this since halo 2 and the increased popularity of MLG. Where people would be more concerned about their K/D and not the win… which the actual MLG people care about.
> > > >
> > > > it has gotten to the point where you need friends to play with, cause no one has mics in anymore.
> > >
> > > Sorry if I came across wrong, I am not blaming COD. I am saying people are bringing COD tactics into what used to be a team strategy game. Never before on Vahalla have I seen basically a sniper fight in BTB. In Halo 3, it was about team play to gain map-control and weapon-control. This strategy is gone. And I don’t think it is all 343’s fault. If people just started playing the way it used to, everything would be alright. I know this is a false hope.
> >
> > what do you consider CoD tactics? and why are they bad?
> >
> > I have a lot of experience with CoD, and when I think of CoD tactics, I think of moving as a squad, taking Cover, not standing in the open when shooting, taking control of choke points and enemy movement.
>
> What COD are you playing?! That sounds amazing. I also have played COD pretty regularly and I know ever since MW2, it’s been guerilla war, pop and shot tactics. Listen, I am NOT blaming COD. COD tactics are fine! They just don’t belong in Halo!

never have and never will!