Selection Wheel

When making a: building, unit, upgrade, leader power, etc… A selection wheel will come up with different options you can choose from. You highlight the option you want, press A, and the choice is made. If you press A without making a selection the selection wheel will close. This is very annoying for many reasons and I’m sure we have all been frustrated by this. For example, you want to make a supply pad so you highlight the supply pad option, but just a split second before you press A you let off the joystick. The screen closes and you assume that it registered and go off managing troops elsewhere. You come back to the base, no supply pad! This happens all the time with leader powers and everything else. It’s an extremely easy fix. SOLUTION: The B button is now the only button that can close the selection wheel without making a selection. Pressing A with nothing selected will not close the selection wheel.

This idea was from H4RRO, who said I could post it

Well I do agree that hitting A should not close the menu. They kind of made the whole interface of the game a lot worse then the original. It’s like you have to highlight and hit “a” in a slow manner almost as if “are you sure you want to build this building?!” . It is so much slower then the original game. Another step back was that you have to hit any button to close the menu to do something else. In the original I could open the menu to build a supply pad for example then Just press “left” on the D pad to move to my next base. The fact that I have to hit B every single time I pull up a menu is horrible and slows me down a lot. Another step back was not having the bases labeled by numbers like the original. The buildings looks so much alike they aren’t that distinctive to me so I would find it easier if they label the bases with numbers so I know base 2 has my garage and base 1 has my airport etc. These minor adjustments would make the game so much better in my opinion. The interface of the game feels like “RTS for dummies” and slows me down .

this has never been a problem for me

> 2533274861983747;1:
> When making a: building, unit, upgrade, leader power, etc… A selection wheel will come up with different options you can do choose from. You highlight the option you want, press A, and the choice is made. If you press A without making a selection the selection wheel will close. This is very annoying for many reasons and I’m sure we have all been frustrated by this. For example, you want to make a supply pad so you highlight the supply pad option, but just a split second before you press A you let off the joystick. The screen closes and you assume that it registered and go off managing troops elsewhere. You come back to the base, no supply pad! This happens all the time with leader powers as well as with everything else. It’s an extremely easy fix. SOLUTION: The B button is now the only button that can close the selection wheel without making a selection. Pressing A with nothing selected will not close the selection wheel.
>
> This idea was from H4RRO, who said I could post it

I had made this exact same post a couple months ago. Still isn’t fixed.

> 2743710844422030;2:
> Well I do agree that hitting A should not close the menu. They kind of made the whole interface of the game a lot worse then the original. It’s like you have to highlight and hit “a” in a slow manner almost as if “are you sure you want to build this building?!” . It is so much slower then the original game. Another step back was that you have to hit any button to close the menu to do something else. In the original I could open the menu to build a supply pad for example then Just press “left” on the D pad to move to my next base. The fact that I have to hit B every single time I pull up a menu is horrible and slows me down a lot. Another step back was not having the bases labeled by numbers like the original. The buildings looks so much alike they aren’t that distinctive to me so I would find it easier if they label the bases with numbers so I know base 2 has my garage and base 1 has my airport etc. These minor adjustments would make the game so much better in my opinion. The interface of the game feels like “RTS for dummies” and slows me down .

This. The user face has been dumbed down and I don’t know why they did this but it’s annoying

More annoyed with lagging unit selection. Probably my biggest gripe with the control by far. It was wasayyy more fluid in HW1