SELECT needs to GO!

From every playlist, its a terrible re-imagined narrows and map itself, can’t really jetpack high, encourages battles to take place in the middle, it really needs to go!

Omg don’t get me started on Select. An incredibly poorly made jumble of blocks. Theres no initial load out camera, there’s a ridiculous hard safe zone with windows that make you think you can cut corners with jet pack and then die, and everyone I’ve ever seen play that map for the first time thinks the center pit is in bounds. It’s a disgraceful map and it needs to go.

Not sure what you’re talking about. Other than the power of Jetpack and a small hole which allows you to hide under the map, Select is a great map! The static spawns work very well. Unlike dynamic Narrows.

This map encourages teamwork by exposing you if you push up on your own too much. It’s a good map.

> Not sure what you’re talking about. Other than the power of Jetpack and a small hole which allows you to hide under the map, Select is a great map! The static spawns work very well. Unlike dynamic Narrows.
>
> This map encourages teamwork by exposing you if you push up on your own too much. It’s a good map.

No its not, what -blam-ing teamwork more like it promotes horrible camping and barely any movement…

At least it’s a symmetrical map with static spawns which automatically makes it better than any other 4v4 map in Reach at the moment. Bungie couldn’t even get static spawns right (lol Asylum what a joke)

> At least it’s a symmetrical map with static spawns which automatically makes it better than any other 4v4 map in Reach at the moment. Bungie couldn’t even get static spawns right (lol Asylum what a joke)

eh the spawns aren’t that great either, parnter literally spawn in my face as I was going to go up that side ramp to snipe and then the other team snipes me out before I could setup my spot. Yeah huh static spawning… riiight… still a horrible map.

> At least it’s a symmetrical map with static spawns which automatically makes it better …

I find this funny, given that Hang 'em High and Lockout (two of the most asymmetrical maps of all time) are so beloved by competitive players.

a lot of the community maps need to go or be updated to the newest versions of them.

This is literally the only good forge map in reach, its a decent re imagining of Narrows.

Plays 2v2 like a dream. People only hate it because they can’t abuse the jetpack as much as every other map in this game.

> Plays 2v2 like a dream. People only hate it because they can’t abuse the jetpack as much as every other map in this game.

are you joking?

there are tones of spots that you can stand out of bounds on, if you do it right i think you can even get past the hard kills on the side to get outside.

The concept and general map layout is great, but I think some lines of sight on the lower level need to be altered, and like mentioned above…don’t want to get started with all the technical foul ups.

> > Not sure what you’re talking about. Other than the power of Jetpack and a small hole which allows you to hide under the map, Select is a great map! The static spawns work very well. Unlike dynamic Narrows.
> >
> > This map encourages teamwork by exposing you if you push up on your own too much. It’s a good map.
>
> No its not, what -blam-ing teamwork more like it promotes horrible camping and barely any movement…

Heck, I’d like to see “Slayer” [with AR starts] appear on Select in the Team Slayer playlist. Only “Slayer DMRs” and “Slayer Pro” show up for Select in that playlist. AR starts should eliminate much of the camping and non-movement.

> > > Not sure what you’re talking about. Other than the power of Jetpack and a small hole which allows you to hide under the map, Select is a great map! The static spawns work very well. Unlike dynamic Narrows.
> > >
> > > This map encourages teamwork by exposing you if you push up on your own too much. It’s a good map.
> >
> > No its not, what -blam-ing teamwork more like it promotes horrible camping and barely any movement…
>
> Heck, I’d like to see “Slayer” [with AR starts] appear on Select in the Team Slayer playlist. Only “Slayer DMRs” and “Slayer Pro” show up for Select in that playlist. AR starts should eliminate much of the camping and non-movement.

MMMM…no.I think it would encourage sniper betrayal, jet pack spamming and sniper spawnkilling.
By the way, I think select tends to play quite well, and it’s by far not the worst map in MM.

> Not sure what you’re talking about. Other than the power of Jetpack and a small hole which allows you to hide under the map, Select is a great map! The static spawns work very well. Unlike dynamic Narrows.
>
> This map encourages teamwork by exposing you if you push up on your own too much. It’s a good map.

I’ll agree the map encourages teamwork, but jetpack breaks whatever setup your team may have against a competent team with a couple jetpackers. It feels like that map was designed for use with the jetpack though due to the hump in the middle. I don’t mind Select, but it reinforces my hatred of the jetpack.

> > > > Not sure what you’re talking about. Other than the power of Jetpack and a small hole which allows you to hide under the map, Select is a great map! The static spawns work very well. Unlike dynamic Narrows.
> > > >
> > > > This map encourages teamwork by exposing you if you push up on your own too much. It’s a good map.
> > >
> > > No its not, what -blam-ing teamwork more like it promotes horrible camping and barely any movement…
> >
> > Heck, I’d like to see “Slayer” [with AR starts] appear on Select in the Team Slayer playlist. Only “Slayer DMRs” and “Slayer Pro” show up for Select in that playlist. AR starts should eliminate much of the camping and non-movement.
>
> MMMM…no.I think it would encourage sniper betrayal, jet pack spamming and sniper spawnkilling.
> By the way, I think select tends to play quite well, and it’s by far not the worst map in MM.

With the long sight lines available, players would never be able to defend themselves off-spawn. Once one team gets 2 snipers, it’s over.

> > > Not sure what you’re talking about. Other than the power of Jetpack and a small hole which allows you to hide under the map, Select is a great map! The static spawns work very well. Unlike dynamic Narrows.
> > >
> > > This map encourages teamwork by exposing you if you push up on your own too much. It’s a good map.
> >
> > No its not, what -blam-ing teamwork more like it promotes horrible camping and barely any movement…
>
> Heck, I’d like to see “Slayer” [with AR starts] appear on Select in the Team Slayer playlist. Only “Slayer DMRs” and “Slayer Pro” show up for Select in that playlist. AR starts should eliminate much of the camping and non-movement.

AR starts need to die a fiery death. Why anyone votes them is beyond me. At least Select has accesible DMRs off spawn.

Remove Jetpack and the map plays awesome.

The problem is not AR or DMR starts.The map hould have enough dmrs available on it so it’s not a problem for anyone to have the weapon of his choice.
This would solve a lot of probs in MM(gametype quitting, poor gameplay, spamming, etc).
As always, map design is the core of problems in the game.

Love Select. One of the few maps in Reach that is perfectly symetrical, and “holding down top position” is possible.