Seems like 343 wants to keep bloom, and armor abilities.

Don’t get your hopes up for 343 bringing back the more classic experience found in Halo 1/2. It sounds like 343 just simply believes that the current features need to be adjusted. Nothing more.

Here is a quote from 343’s last update

> Whereas the other features of the TU are there to assist in the transition to 343 steering Reach’s future, the Magnum features are simply meant to enhance the “Anniversary” experience when the game is released

The 3sk pistol is simply something for fun… At least that’s what it sounds like.

I think you’re reading too much into it…Also that’s about Reach not Halo 4. And for the most part, Reach can’t be saved.

Weather or not this is “for fun” or not doesn’t really matter. Halo Reach was created to be Halo Reach. Even if we wanted it to change, it is meant to stay. However with that said there is no reason to not think that 343I are bringing classical elements to future Halos. They as everybody else should, have recognize that HR is what it is with AA’s and Bloom. There is nothing we can do about that.

We will just have to wait for further information regarding Halo 4 and future Halos.

As JAMES 24993 said the information you were reading about was directed to Halo Reach not the future Halos.

> I think you’re reading too much into it…Also that’s about Reach not Halo 4. And for the most part, Reach can’t be saved.

Hey, just saying, it kinda sounds like bloom and armor abilites are going to be in Halo 4… that’s why I put Halo 4… really? What I put as the icon doesn’t really matter.

I feel it was more fitting to put Halo 4 because it’s the current game that they are working on, they said that these changes are to help us transition from Bungie style to 343 style. So since they said that that, and since they are choosing to keep these features and simply adjust them, how would that help us ‘transition’ if they weren’t keeping these features.

Just saying… don’t get your hopes up if you’re one of the many that miss the more classic play style, and dislike the Halo mixed with COD style.

> As JAMES 24993 said the information you were reading about was directed to Halo Reach not the future Halos.

If you guys can put two and two together… I’m saying that it is pretty possible that Halo 4 is going to have the features that Reach has. So hence I put Halo 4, I really didn’t think it was that big of a deal either.

> > I think you’re reading too much into it…Also that’s about Reach not Halo 4. And for the most part, Reach can’t be saved.
>
> Hey, just saying, it kinda sounds like bloom and armor abilites are going to be in Halo 4… that’s why I put Halo 4… really? What I put as the icon doesn’t really matter.
>
> I feel it was more fitting to put Halo 4 because it’s the current game that they are working on, they said that these changes are to help us transition from Bungie style to 343 style. So since they said that that, and since they are choosing to keep these features and simply adjust them, how would that help us ‘transition’ if they weren’t keeping these features.
>
> Just saying… don’t get your hopes up if you’re one of the many that miss the more classic play style, and dislike the Halo mixed with COD style.

I fail to see how in any way that quote even suggests Halo 4 will have AAs.

> > > I think you’re reading too much into it…Also that’s about Reach not Halo 4. And for the most part, Reach can’t be saved.
> >
> > Hey, just saying, it kinda sounds like bloom and armor abilites are going to be in Halo 4… that’s why I put Halo 4… really? What I put as the icon doesn’t really matter.
> >
> > I feel it was more fitting to put Halo 4 because it’s the current game that they are working on, they said that these changes are to help us transition from Bungie style to 343 style. So since they said that that, and since they are choosing to keep these features and simply adjust them, how would that help us ‘transition’ if they weren’t keeping these features.
> >
> > Just saying… don’t get your hopes up if you’re one of the many that miss the more classic play style, and dislike the Halo mixed with COD style.
>
> I fail to see how in any way that quote even suggests Halo 4 will have AAs.

It’s just what it sounds like to me.

But man you guys need to chill out seriously, damn.

> > > > I think you’re reading too much into it…Also that’s about Reach not Halo 4. And for the most part, Reach can’t be saved.
> > >
> > > Hey, just saying, it kinda sounds like bloom and armor abilites are going to be in Halo 4… that’s why I put Halo 4… really? What I put as the icon doesn’t really matter.
> > >
> > > I feel it was more fitting to put Halo 4 because it’s the current game that they are working on, they said that these changes are to help us transition from Bungie style to 343 style. So since they said that that, and since they are choosing to keep these features and simply adjust them, how would that help us ‘transition’ if they weren’t keeping these features.
> > >
> > > Just saying… don’t get your hopes up if you’re one of the many that miss the more classic play style, and dislike the Halo mixed with COD style.
> >
> > I fail to see how in any way that quote even suggests Halo 4 will have AAs.
>
> It’s just what it sounds like to me.
>
>
> But man you guys need to chill out seriously, damn.

Sorry if lack of jokes makes you think I’m trying to be offensive. Would it make you feel better if I put a happy face after every word?

I know you weren’t being offensive, I was just saying you guys were sooo serious over a my theory on a Halo forum.
And now you’re being offensive.

> > > > > I think you’re reading too much into it…Also that’s about Reach not Halo 4. And for the most part, Reach can’t be saved.
> > > >
> > > > Hey, just saying, it kinda sounds like bloom and armor abilites are going to be in Halo 4… that’s why I put Halo 4… really? What I put as the icon doesn’t really matter.
> > > >
> > > > I feel it was more fitting to put Halo 4 because it’s the current game that they are working on, they said that these changes are to help us transition from Bungie style to 343 style. So since they said that that, and since they are choosing to keep these features and simply adjust them, how would that help us ‘transition’ if they weren’t keeping these features.
> > > >
> > > > Just saying… don’t get your hopes up if you’re one of the many that miss the more classic play style, and dislike the Halo mixed with COD style.
> > >
> > > I fail to see how in any way that quote even suggests Halo 4 will have AAs.
> >
> > It’s just what it sounds like to me.
> >
> >
> > But man you guys need to chill out seriously, damn.
>
> Sorry if lack of jokes makes you think I’m trying to be offensive. Would it make you feel better if I put a happy face after every word?

What you are describing here is the exact reason why I am afraid to post on these forums.

The people I communicate with cannot read my body language or hear my pitch of voice. And often they get offended because I do not simply put a happy face at the end of every sentence. :slight_smile:

Construct criticism is a hazardous exercise here.

> I know you weren’t being offensive, I was just saying you guys were sooo serious over a my theory on a Halo forum.
>
> And now you’re being offensive.

How was he being offensive?

As another user said, I feel your reading a bit too much between the lines. While I agree giving armor abilities another shot, and that bloom will never work properly for Halo, thats what we’ve got in Reach. Completely modifying Reach would be about the worst thing 343 could do immideatly after recieving Halo.

With the TU, they are simply making Reach more flexible for those who still aren’t pleased. The same concept is behind the Reach engine in Anneversary MM. They realize mistakes were made, but 343 is trying thier best not to destroy the current community. This really has no indication on what they plan to do with H4.

> Don’t get your hopes up for 343 bringing back the more classic experience found in Halo 1/2. It sounds like 343 just simply believes that the current features need to be adjusted. Nothing more.
>
> Here is a quote from 343’s last update
>
>
> > Whereas the other features of the TU are there to assist in the transition to 343 steering Reach’s future, the Magnum features are simply meant to enhance the “Anniversary” experience when the game is released
>
> The 3sk pistol is simply something for fun… At least that’s what it sounds like.

I didnt like the fact that bloom was staying at all at 85%, IMO they should just have old reach and 0 bloom reach, if the NR is too crazy just dont put it in the game

> > I know you weren’t being offensive, I was just saying you guys were sooo serious over a my theory on a Halo forum.
> >
> > And now you’re being offensive.
>
> How was he being offensive?

Cuz I said so. Jk. I guess I my theory is wrong, 343 said to help us transition to 343’s control over Reach.

Eh, whatever. I guess I’m just skeptical and worried that they won’t go back to the style of the older Halos, and don’t want to get my hopes up.

Sorry guys, just when people criticize me over the internet and seem to sound so serious it makes me think they are being offensive. I learned, now leave me alone!

> > > I know you weren’t being offensive, I was just saying you guys were sooo serious over a my theory on a Halo forum.
> > >
> > > And now you’re being offensive.
> >
> > How was he being offensive?
>
> Cuz I said so. Jk. I guess I my theory is wrong, 343 said to help us transition to 343’s control over Reach.
>
> Eh, whatever. I guess I’m just skeptical and worried that they won’t go back to the style of the older Halos, and don’t want to get my hopes up.
>
> Sorry guys, just when people criticize me over the internet and seem to sound so serious it makes me think they are being offensive. I learned, now leave me alone!

If you want some less serious conversations, you’re welcome to head over to B.net. Its pretty rare to find anything serious over there. =) (That wasn’t serious, by the way. I recommend never… EVER going to B.net.)

> > > > I know you weren’t being offensive, I was just saying you guys were sooo serious over a my theory on a Halo forum.
> > > >
> > > > And now you’re being offensive.
> > >
> > > How was he being offensive?
> >
> > Cuz I said so. Jk. I guess I my theory is wrong, 343 said to help us transition to 343’s control over Reach.
> >
> > Eh, whatever. I guess I’m just skeptical and worried that they won’t go back to the style of the older Halos, and don’t want to get my hopes up.
> >
> > Sorry guys, just when people criticize me over the internet and seem to sound so serious it makes me think they are being offensive. I learned, now leave me alone!
>
> If you want some less serious conversations, you’re welcome to head over to B.net. Its pretty rare to find anything serious over there. =) (That wasn’t serious, by the way. I recommend never… EVER going to B.net.)

Post something you like, you get called a reachtard. Post something you hate, get asked “you mad bro?”. Post a question, get called a -Yoink-. Post some news and suddenly it’s “cOLD in here”.

-Yoink!- if you do, -Yoink!- if you don’t…

AAs were a prototype either lost or irreparably damaged on Reach. The likelihood of AAs being a central element of a continuation of Halo 1, 2 and 3, a trilogy in which no AAs were present, is highly unlikely. Equipment may make a comeback, but with the negative press it recieved I doubt it will be given more than a sprinkling on Halo 4 maps.
Another thing people always seem to forget is that Halo: Reach and ODST were spin-offs, their whole purpose was to “spin off” from the usual Halo gameplay and plotline, hence the fact that the protagonists and location were so different. Reach gameplay is not meant to emulate the trilogy and though this is a great shame we can gain hope from the fact that Halo 4, being a continuation on a theme, cannot canonically or gameplay-wise change to such a drastic extent as did Halo 3 to Reach.

> AAs were a prototype either lost or irreparably damaged on Reach. The likelihood of AAs being a central element of a continuation of Halo 1, 2 and 3, a trilogy in which no AAs were present, is highly unlikely. Equipment may make a comeback, but with the negative press it recieved I doubt it will be given more than a sprinkling on Halo 4 maps.
> Another thing people always seem to forget is that Halo: Reach and ODST were spin-offs, their whole purpose was to “spin off” from the usual Halo gameplay and plotline, hence the fact that the protagonists and location were so different. Reach gameplay is not meant to emulate the trilogy and though this is a great shame we can gain hope from the fact that Halo 4, being a continuation on a theme, cannot canonically or gameplay-wise change to such a drastic extent as did Halo 3 to Reach.

Keep it in Customs, Invasion and Campaign for AA.

> The 3sk pistol is simply something for fun… At least that’s what it sounds like.

Of course it’s for fun. Enjoy!!