seeking general advice.

i’m about to go into H3 campaign on legendary solo, no tricks, no second controller etc, and im a little daunted by this challenge. anyone with general tips and advice to use during the campaign would be appreciated! also, what would be a rough estimate of how long it should take to complete the campaign?

thanks in advance!

Grab alot of power weapons, you’ll need them! Legendary is very tough. What I do is I try to maintain a “stockpile” of weapons by “dribbling” them around the to have may weapons for whatever situation I need them for.

Just take your time and don’t rush to kill a couple of people. Most likely you will die by a grunt more than anyone else because of it.

thanks for the help! and please disregard the other post. stupid yoinking mobile phone

going through it now, and so far so good. i know i’m going to get stuck trying to rescue sgtmaj johnson at the end of the first mission. any mission specific tips would be cool. :slight_smile: thanks again.

most of the people on Waypoint have been nothing but helpful and i think it’s awesome.

For the last part of he first mission be sure to take out the Jackal snipers, there’s about three of them. Be sure to be extra careful about the Cheftan(sp?), what I did was an overcharge Plasma Pistol shot then BR him in the head a few times. Also carry a regenerator around so you can save your self in tight situations.

For Crows nest all I’m going to say is good luck against the Fuel Rod Cheftan at the end of the level. -_-

For Tsavo Highway, drive through everything until the first Fuel Rod Brute. Kill the Jackal sniper and use the two trip mines to destroy the Choppers. The rest should be straight foreword until the end, be sur to get a Wraith.

The Storm and Floodgate I had no problem with. Be sure to take out the Scarab with the mounted missile pod and abuse the Cheftans AI because he will now go into the Garage area with your marine friends. Kill the Flood with well placed grenades and watch out for the ranged forms.

Not much tips on The Ark, just if you have some extra Marines, give them power weapons like Rockets or Fuel Rods (they have infinite ammo and Fuel Rod shots lock on to enemies when held by AI) and invite them into your Warthogs pass anger seat for awesomeness.

Not much on The Covenant, do the AI trick with heavy weapons and watch out for Drones in the towers.

Cortana will be a pain if you don’t have a Brute Shot, Sword and grenades. Be sure to use th invisibility power up when you want to rush past enemies.

Halos strategy should be about the same as Cortanas, but before you fight Spark grab the invincibility power up south of the door before you go into the controll room. The driving part should be an absolute blast!

thanks for the advice! its gonna help me a LOT in this campaign.

still on the second mission, fighting brute :confused:

Yeah I know, it’s a pain. It took me at least 1 and a half hours to beat that part only to be killed by a brute in the back with a Plasma Turret…

sorry about the random multipost up there. dont know what happened. anyway, im almost through the mission. currently fighting brutes with jetpacks lol.

is the flare good for anything besides blinding the master chief?

The AI ignores flares and still have perfect accuracy, so they’re useless in campaign.

> sorry about the random multipost up there. dont know what happened. anyway, im almost through the mission. currently fighting brutes with jetpacks lol.
>
> is the flare good for anything besides blinding the master chief?

They are useless. I would try to keep a bubble shield or power drain on you.

> > sorry about the random multipost up there. dont know what happened. anyway, im almost through the mission. currently fighting brutes with jetpacks lol.
> >
> > is the flare good for anything besides blinding the master chief?
>
> They are useless. I would try to keep a bubble shield or power drain on you.

I almost forgot the regenerator.

i’ve become a fan of deployable cover, myself. with multiple covers, i can create my own ‘base’ so to speak.

i’ve become a fan of deployable cover, myself. with multiple covers, i can create my own ‘base’ so to speak.

i just want to say thanks for all the tips and advice! campaign was completed today and your help was very useful!

I beat the game on solo legendary. Just take your time on difficult parts. Also, anybody who tells you that Cortana is difficult is an idiot. Just grab the camos and just over everyone.

> I beat the game on solo legendary. Just take your time on difficult parts. Also, anybody who tells you that Cortana is difficult is an idiot. Just grab the camos and just over everyone.

getting out of high charity was easy. getting to Cortana was a pain though. yoinkin needle spittin ceiling huggin flood