See you guys are handing out Helioskrill...

Took a look at the upcoming REQs and saw the Helioskrill available. What a nice slap in the face to those who earned it via MCC, not to mention dealt with the disgrace that was MCC in general.

> 2535442292537369;1:
> Took a look at the upcoming REQs and saw the Helioskrill available. What a nice slap in the face to those who earned it via MCC, not to mention dealt with the disgrace that was MCC in general.

Its an ugly armor anyway, doubt many of the people who get it via reqs would even use it

jesus, they told us before launch helioskrill was only a temp exclusive for those that got the achievement. Josh holmes told us on twitter it was going to be added to the REQ system. Everyone is getting mad about this like this information wasnt told before.

Its an ugly armor set anyway, so i dont see why people wear it.

I never happened to earn it, but I do feel your pain, even though normal helioskrill will still be exclusive, and these are variants, nobody really notices in game.

Edit: helioskrill is in my opinion a very -Yoink!- armor, but I do want some more conventional armor back.

You need to accept it or move on! Helioskrill are no big deal. Besides Helioskrill was in the REQ system in the first place before it got removed.

It’s going to be a variant of Helioskrill. Not the same one as the MCC one

> 2533274912317447;6:
> It’s going to be a variant of Helioskrill. Not the same one as the MCC one

But nobody will notice that when your being fired at.

Its like the Achilles, the novelty is in the fact thats its earned. HelioSkrill and Achilles don’t look good at all.

I actually have it, but don’t care for it. Just kinda bothered me they are following the [ Nothing earned, Everything bought] philosophy. Perfect example coming from zero campaign rewards.

For me the Helioskrill armor and helmet will only reflect the fact that I got the “Legend” achievement before it was placed in the req system for all to have. I call it personal pride. Anyway, I don’t plan to use them.

The fact that they’re putting Helioskrill into the REQ system, it’s the fact that they take already existing armor and slap a paint-job on it and pass it off as new armor just to clutter up the armory. If I didn’t wear a piece of armor before, a new pattern on said armor isn’t going to make me change my mind.

And you get a Helioskrill, and you get a Helioskrill…

> 2533275016942754;12:
> And you get a Helioskrill, and you get a Helioskrill…

Time for Oprah winfrey meme

> 2533274978553590;11:
> The fact that they’re putting Helioskrill into the REQ system, it’s the fact that they take already existing armor and slap a paint-job on it and pass it off as new armor just to clutter up the armory. If I didn’t wear a piece of armor before, a new pattern on said armor isn’t going to make me change my mind.

They’re not claiming its new though. Whenever they release updates they make a pretty clear distinction between the actual new armours and the skins.

And OP, they’ve said from the very beginning that items such as this will have multiple methods of being unlocked. It’s still a high level REQ so I have no problem with what they’re doing, and in fact, I think it’s a good thing to do. What I don’t like is that they have so few armours that can be unlocked through specific means. They should have things like a Scout set unlocked through Spartan Assault, a War Master set through Spartan Strike, and other similar set ups.

> 2533274840624875;3:
> jesus, they told us before launch helioskrill was only a temp exclusive for those that got the achievement. Josh holmes told us on twitter it was going to be added to the REQ system. Everyone is getting mad about this like this information wasnt told before.
>
> Its an ugly armor set anyway, so i dont see why people wear it.

I remember that tweet. I believe it was actually in response to a question about the HCS armors becoming available through regular REQ packs. I believe his response was that everything would eventually end up in the REQ system. So there ya go. You were the cool kid in school for a while. Hope you enjoyed your time.

Bawwwwwwwwww. But seriously I’m sure it’s only available for the folks that earned it.

It’s a shame seeing the armor available to anyone with money for reqs and that its no longer an item saying that the player wearing it is a true halo fan.

It makes the whole achievement of beating all of the campaigns on legendary seem worthless.

As someone who earned the armor, yes this sucks. 343 justs wanted to piss on MCC fans one last time before the game fades into oblivion. The matchmaking still doesn’t work… among many other bugs. Could have been the best Xbox game ever released if it were released by Bungie (who never treated their fans like brain dead sucker cash cows).

Edit: It may not be your next release or the release after that but eventually 343 you will find you killed the golden goose. Keep neglecting Halo’s truest and most passionate fans and, like my first marriage, one day you’ll wake up and everything will be -Yoinked!- and unfixable. We will move on as painful as it might be. For the love of god how can you stand by the MCC??

> 2533274856637077;2:
> > 2535442292537369;1:
> > Took a look at the upcoming REQs and saw the Helioskrill available. What a nice slap in the face to those who earned it via MCC, not to mention dealt with the disgrace that was MCC in general.
>
>
> Its an ugly armor anyway, doubt many of the people who get it via reqs would even use it

I worked towards it because i want 100% on everything. I get the point of pride on getting it, but I do not like the looks. For the effort involved I think we could have a better looking trophy.

1. It’s hideous.
  2. It’s a variant. Your work is still valid.