Secondary color and skin should be seperate

I’m generally not one to bash 343 or Halo 4. But I do like to give out constructive criticism here and there.

But it all started yesterday when I came to the conclusion that skins were built for specific armor and are not interchangeable. Well, not only did this lead to the devastation of my incentive to get multiple pre-order bonuses, but it also made me go back to certain videos…

In my own time at RTX I noticed skins and the secondary color were the one and the same for halo 4. I thought, and I was hoping, that this may have been a placeholder for designs. But earlier during PAX I noticed Eli’s video showcasing that skins and secondaries are still the same. The issue I see with that is that if you pick an armor piece with no skin (be it exclusive to pre-order or you havent unlocked it yet) you can only customize your color with a primary. Making you a solid color. It’s really not that big of a complaint, but the lack of this form of customization was a bit of a let-down for me. Makes customizations feel that much more limited. The way I see it, it should be like this:

PRIMARY: Color your outer-armor (the overall armor ‘shell’ from chest, helmet, shoulders, wrists, anything made up of the particular armor alloy)

SECONDARY: Color your inner-armor (particularly the sections of your basketball-like textured suit that currently matches your armor color)

SKIN: Color your skin design.

I’m not sure of everyone else, and I know there are bigger issues out there, but this little issue has been irritating me for awhile now.

Customization has been severely limited since they removed black from the color selection lol

Is this seriously how they’re doing Skin, camoes and colour?

Well…Way to destroy customisation options…Well, -Yoink- =\

> Customization has been severely limited since they removed black from the color selection lol

I noticed that too, but black has been out since Halo 2 and that’s understandable. Black has always been a issue for darker maps.

> I’m generally not one to bash 343 or Halo 4. But I do like to give out constructive criticism here and there.
>
> But it all started yesterday when I came to the conclusion that skins were built for specific armor and are not interchangeable. Well, not only did this lead to the devastation of my incentive to get multiple pre-order bonuses, but it also made me go back to certain videos…
>
> In my own time at RTX I noticed skins and the secondary color were the one and the same for halo 4. I thought, and I was hoping, that this may have been a placeholder for designs. But earlier during PAX I noticed Eli’s video showcasing that skins and secondaries are still the same. The issue I see with that is that if you pick an armor piece with no skin (be it exclusive to pre-order or you havent unlocked it yet) you can only customize your color with a primary. Making you a solid color. It’s really not that big of a complaint, but the lack of this form of customization was a bit of a let-down for me. Makes customizations feel that much more limited. The way I see it, it should be like this:
>
> PRIMARY: Color your outer-armor (the overall armor ‘shell’ from chest, helmet, shoulders, wrists, anything made up of the particular armor alloy)
>
> SECONDARY: Color your inner-armor (particularly the sections of your basketball-like textured suit that currently matches your armor color)
>
> SKIN: Color your skin design.
>
> I’m not sure of everyone else, and I know there are bigger issues out there, but this little issue has been irritating me for awhile now.

I was very disappointed by the fact you can only use skins on 1 armor piece each also (This means that there is no 3rd color option, either, just like in reach :frowning: ), but I highly doubt there is no secondary color if you don’t have a skin.

That would just be downright sad.

> Customization has been severely limited since they removed black from the color selection lol

Argh, they took black out again? Well, a better question is, “So is steel no longer blackish like it was in reach?”

> Argh, they took black out again? Well, a better question is, “So is steel no longer blackish like it was in reach?”

It’s about as dark, but it’s not as gritty, so a little lighter I guess?

I was actually happier about that. Skins basically change where your secondary color goes. I’d much rather that than 3-color Spartans, AND a visor…

People running around in red armor, with a light green secondary, yellow skin and teal visor doesn’t sound at all appealing to me. 2 and the visor is plenty IMO.

I loved my ice blue-pale-gold visor combo. Not really in your face and it blended well. 4 different colors to be customized generally ends up looking like a mess (or a rainbow), unless two of them are close if not identical anyway.

> I was actually happier about that. Skins basically change where your secondary color goes. I’d much rather that than 3-color Spartans, AND a visor…
>
> People running around in red armor, with a light green secondary, yellow skin and teal visor doesn’t sound at all appealing to me. 2 and the visor is plenty IMO.
>
> I loved my ice blue-pale-gold visor combo. Not really in your face and it blended well. 4 different colors to be customized generally ends up looking like a mess (or a rainbow), unless two of them are close if not identical anyway.

I apologize for the late response, and though i see what you mean, the lack of colors is just as absurd as too many colors. No skins means no secondaries, which i find odd. I for one prefer having 2-3 shades of green on my character. I can see how some people would like rainbows but playing a game where almost everyone is purely white/steel is equally annoying.

Not to mention that having secondaries has never been a issue. Its been like that since Halo 2. But now its required to have a skin for secondaries. And since some armor will have preorder exclusive skins, that means youll always have some armor that will have only one color. Which i find dull and very uncreative. But i was also hoping skins would be interchangeable like wearing a mix of mk 6 and mk 5 with my forest camo but i cant because thats exclusive to hazop…