Second Thoughts

I can’t help having second thoughts about pre ordering Halo 4. I see the gameplay, and I am reminded of Halo 3, I am sure that it will be a great addition to the Halo franchise. Yet, I hear about decisions like glued flag, and jetpack/active camo, and feel as though they are going in the wrong direction. I know, everyone would be so much happier if jetpack was gone and camo was a power up, am I the only person that wonders if 343 truly listens to the community? Tons of people complain about jetpack, yet it’s in, the same with camo, and I hear it’s basically the same as Reach. Then there’s the flag situation, they made it worse! Why would you make it worse? We already move slowly and can’t use our weapons! Now, we move slowly, can’t even drop the flag, and get a magnum, woopty -Yoinking!- doo! I would have been OK with the way it was in every single other Halo game, it didn’t need to be changed! I wish something would happen that could renew my faith, but some of these announcements just make me have second thoughts.

> I can’t help having second thoughts about pre ordering Halo 4. I see the gameplay, and I am reminded of Halo 3, I am sure that it will be a great addition to the Halo franchise. Yet, I hear about decisions like glued flag, and jetpack/active camo, and feel as though they are going in the wrong direction. I know, everyone would be so much happier if jetpack was gone and camo was a power up, am I the only person that wonders if 343 truly listens to the community? Tons of people complain about jetpack, yet it’s in, the same with camo, and I hear it’s basically the same as Reach. Then there’s the flag situation, they made it worse! Why would you make it worse? We already move slowly and can’t use our weapons! Now, we move slowly, can’t even drop the flag, and get a magnum, woopty -Yoinking!- doo! I would have been OK with the way it was in every single other Halo game, it didn’t need to be changed! I wish something would happen that could renew my faith, but some of these announcements just make me have second thoughts.

I don’t like the CTF changes, doesn’t mean i can’t play the 10000 other gametypes. It’s up to you but tbh your reasoning is silly, and yes 343 do listen, more than bungie infact after all they did remake Halo 1 for everyone, fix Halo Reach, Nerf PV, and adjust the BJ stick layout.

dont cancel because these man. theres still everything other than CTF, as well as campaign, spartan ops, and forge. also, there are classic playlists incase jetpacks and camo do ruin standard MP

Don’t like jetpack? don’t use it!

Jetpack is awesome for noobs, they fly and get killed very easily.

343i doesn’t listen to community? far as i know, armor lock isn’t in halo 4, most of people didn’t like it so they didn’t put it. Sprint is a default now, halo needs sprint ( my opinion)

They are doing an excelent job with halo 4, i 've seen gameplay and i am more excited for playing than halo reach!

Keep in mind that this is both 343i’s first Halo game, and they’re making what they think is fun, and if the community plays the game, and says it’s bad, in Halo 5 they’ll change it.

If you’re going to cancel your preorder because one or two features in Halo 4’s MP, then shame on you, yeah it’s your opinion, but hell, there’s more to Halo than those features let alone it’s MP, Halo isn’t popular just because one feature, it’s a popular game because of all of it’s features.

I just wish every new thing that raised a since doubt or question was handled quickly. 343 are slowly explaining things. Believe it or not, there are a lot of things left to be unanswered. Despite their game looking well, I don’t like how slow they’ve been trying to clear the air.

They are vague a lot of times too.

I also dislike Sticky Flag.
Ofcourse, with this much of the community hating on it,
it will most certainly be taken out.

I mean no offense by this, but…
If these tiny little features make you reconsider buying the game,
then you’re obviously not a very commited Halo player.
It also shows you have very poor judgement… just saying.

I’m having doubts, but i’m a halo fan, and im gonna buy halo 4. if i don’t like it, i KNOW i’ll enjoy the campaign.

A few things aren’t going to ruin the game as a whole. I personally haven’t seen anything that I dislike so far.

Except maybe this explosive support package.

> I also dislike Sticky Flag.
> Ofcourse, with this much of the community hating on it,
> it will most certainly be taken out.

I much rather see an option to turn it on or off, not completely removed, Cause even if most people see it as a hinder in game types like CTF, I can people finding a different use for it, like Griff Ball, when you first played assault with the bomb, did you think they’d make a gametype called Griff Ball?

Listen to the community? Are you crazy?!

Just imagine the kind of game would be made if they listened to everything the community said? It’d be horrific, there’d be no style, no consistency, no design direction. the BR would be 4SK the Magnum a 3SK, there’d be only precision weapons and the game would be a point and click adventure game… “hit the heads and win Jonny!” Wooooo!

Doesn’t trust the community, the community hasn’t run a beta for months gathering data