Season Rewards (With TL;DR)

Don’t worry, TL;DR at the bottom

I feel like Halo is taking notes from some bigger competitive games, such as LoL, which isn’t a bad thing. I mean, unless I’m wrong, having seasons (albeit shorter), Tiers (Bronze, Silver Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Onyx (Masters in LoL), and Champion (Challenger in LoL)), and divisions for each tier (although with one more, and in reverse. ie: Bronze 1, Gold 5, Diamond 2). They’re even giving out seasonal rewards!

That, however is where I get confused. First, I think the seasons are a tad too short, but I’ll cover that later. I feel like the seasonal emblem is a little underwhelming, especially since I play league. Everyone gets the same emblem in H5. The all-time worst Halo player could rank Bronze 1 in EVERYTHING, and get the same reward at the end of the season as a someone in Champion, I feel like that shouldn’t happen. In LoL, if you’re ranked Bronze, you get an emblem. If you’re ranked Silver, you get a corresponding emblem and a ward skin, If you’re Gold and above you get an emblem corresponding to your rank, the ward skin, and a skin for the champion who was best representitive of that year. I feel like it should work something like this.

Instead of getting a ward skin (since they don’t exist in Halo), they could give Silver and above players a skin for a gun. The gun skin would be the same, regardless of rank. However, for Gold and above players, you could get an armor set made specifically for them (again, regardless of rank, as long as you were gold and above), since they’ve worked for it (probably). Here’s where season length comes in. If the seasons stay as they are, then that’d be ridiculous to expect another armor, and weapon skin, and emblems a month, which we already get from them. Instead I think the seasons should be quarterly. Three month seasons would provide an ample amount of time for ranking up, and also to make one extra armor set and weapon skin (also emblems). Thus, I believe that extending the seasons to three months per, and having non-generic rewards to those who worked harder would be much better, and encourage people to play more. I’d love to see your insights and opinions on the matter.

TL;DR - I think seasons should be quarterly (three months) and replace just getting an emblem with getting LoL-esque rewards for your rank (instead of ward skins, a gun skin | instead of a champion skin, an exclusive armor set).

Only read the TLDR, but I think that sounds cool! Longer seasons would feel better to me personally.

I’m all for this. I dig the way you think.

As a note, if they did this, there’d be more value to what you get, or at least the emblems. I will never use that January season icon because literally everyone who played the game in January has it. It’s not special. People use emblems because:

1.) It looks cool, and they don’t care if others have it (probably like, 20%)

2.) I earned this difficult commendation or made an achievement, and want to show it off, via my rewards.

I honestly believe 80% are the latter. Achievements drive people to do better, goals push people to play more. 343i pls

Instead of giving weapon skin/armor set, they could give the same emblem to everyone, Bronze or Champion, but instead give the Champion 3 gold pack, onyx gets 2 gold pack, diamond and platinum get 2 silver pack, gold gets 1 silver and bronze/silver get only the emblem.

I know arena player don’t care about the certification and they care very little about their armor, but it feels more rewarding to get a little plus for each higher tier even if it is only for use in warzone.

Edits1: Agree that season should be longer. 2-3 month best, nothing longer than 3 month though.

> 2533274872647908;5:
> Instead of giving weapon skin/armor set, they could give the same emblem to everyone, Bronze or Champion, but instead give the Champion 3 gold pack, onyx gets 2 gold pack, diamond and platinum get 2 silver pack, gold gets 1 silver and bronze/silver get only the emblem.
>
> I know arena player don’t care about the certification and they care very little about their armor, but it feels more rewarding to get a little plus for each higher tier even if it is only for use in warzone.
>
> Edits1: Agree that season should be longer. 2-3 month best, nothing longer than 3 month though.

I definitely agree it shouldn’t be more than 3 months, quarterly seasons seems perfect to me. However, I know I like to use things that are more unique, just because nobody else has them. I’m wearing the armor/helmet I’m wearing right now, because it’s the most unique looking thing that still looks good. Same thing with emblems, if I get a “reward” at the end of the season as an emblem that everyone gets, it feels like I haven’t been rewarded for getting ranked and trying my hardest. It feels like I’m getting a participation ribbon. One of those dumb, lazy, purple ribbons that if you participated, good for you, you did it, even though it’s clear that some deserve to be rewarded more handsomely. Anyways, I’ll never use one of their emblems, simply because I know everyone got it. If you have the game, and in one month haven’t played ten games, that’s insane. So yeah, I like to feel better than others, cause I’m competitive. I like to win! I just feel like I’ve been left with a little “ty 4 trying, love, 343i” note instead.

> 2533274872647908;5:
> Instead of giving weapon skin/armor set, they could give the same emblem to everyone, Bronze or Champion, but instead give the Champion 3 gold pack, onyx gets 2 gold pack, diamond and platinum get 2 silver pack, gold gets 1 silver and bronze/silver get only the emblem.
>
> I know arena player don’t care about the certification and they care very little about their armor, but it feels more rewarding to get a little plus for each higher tier even if it is only for use in warzone.
>
> Edits1: Agree that season should be longer. 2-3 month best, nothing longer than 3 month though.

Seems a bit more fair to me.

Would be a great idea.

There’s nothing else anyone wants to mention or make a comment?

> 2533274826443777;9:
> There’s nothing else anyone wants to mention or make a comment?

Same. I have no idea how some of these posts get like 200+ comments. The most mine’ve gotten is like 20. I really feel like this’d be a good idea and definitely want 343i to see it.

I disagree with the idea of exclusive awards for achieving certain skill levels, even though by your defined system I’d get the gold rewards. Halo unlocks have always been based on experience progression. There are players who will never reach certain skill ranks, and I don’t think that should mean they are excluding from some special armor/unlock.