Season 8 firefight missing some promising content.

I may or may not be the only one with this question why were the elites and the flood not added to the firefight system? For any of those confused I mean for ODST. I watched hiddenexperia the big YouTube channel himself and he showed the flood, sentinels, and elites on halo ODST. He said they should be released with season 8 was the plan. So my question is what stopped the elites and the flood from joining halo ODST.

There was a lot of bugs with the new firefight content. In flood firefight for example carrier forms would not move and combat forms would get stuck on roofs and in doorways.

I didn’t do any testing in the elite modes but I had heard there was similiar issues. The bugs in the flood modes were so bad that matches couldn’t be finished in some cases. Hopefully once those issues are worked out we will see these updates.

They took away the Yanme’e in ODST firefight… All they did was slow down the maps… Good move.

On the bright side we finally get a bonus round in Security Zone.
On the bad side Lost Platoon is now broken.

The information you got from HiddenXperia’s video was wrong. Whilst I’m sure he provides good content I’m personally not a fan for a bunch of reasons.

The Season 8 flight was a test bed for the new firefight settings, including the new enemy types being flood & elites.
It’s important to note that not everything within a flight is going to launch with the next update or season. Especially if it’s not ready, which was the case for the flood and elites in ODST FF and player poses for Halo 3. They just weren’t good to launch, that’s all.
343i did announce in a MCC Dev blog that they wouldn’t be coming with the launch of Season 8, it’s not like this was a surprise move they pulled on the community.

After playing the Season 8 flight it was definitely cool to see them in game but they just didn’t work properly. Flood would stand still and not move, elites were incredibly strong. Their movement through the map was off and a whole host of other issues.

They’ll come eventually, just not now.
I suggest that you use 343i official blogs on Waypoint as a news source rather than a YouTuber.

I had a heroic firefight game few days ago on Lost Platoon. All was going well until the 15 minute mark. We were waiting for the next wave to come, but it just didn’t. We figured we might have missed 1 or 2 enemies from the previous wave somewhere. We proceeded to search the map, but we couldn’t find anyone anywhere. We literally searched everywhere, even up the edges of the map but nothing. After several minutes of searching, 2 of my teammates began to waste lives by suiciding with grenades. The other tried to kill me, but I ran over him with the Chopper, then got out of it and committed suicide as well. I cannot blame them, they just wanted to end the game because it was clear the game was bugged. With bugs like these, no wonder why the Flood did not make it yet into firefight.

For the Flood, it was that they could softlock the game, as well as carrier forms lacking an AI

For the Elites however, it was that there were some AI and hit detection fixes needed (for example, Elites with rifle style weapons did no damage meleeing), as well as Stealth Elites and Spec Ops Grunts being unused and absent from the wave customization (especially odd in the latter case since Spec Ops Elites were used in the flight, but never in their own patrols leading Spec Ops Grunts.)

I am really hoping that we can see the Flood Firefight appearing in the next Halo Master Chief Collection updates. Hopefully 343 Industries will give us some updates either on November 2021 or December 2021.

> 2535432494369637;1:
> I may or may not be the only one with this question why were the elites and the flood not added to the firefight system? For any of those confused I mean for ODST. I watched hiddenexperia the big YouTube channel himself and he showed the flood, sentinels, and elites on halo ODST. He said they should be released with season 8 was the plan. So my question is what stopped the elites and the flood from joining halo ODST.

For someone actively posting on the forums you seemed to have missed the mark, we have been updated in the state of the game both pre season 8 and post season 8, 343 on record said that the initial plan was for its release with season 8, the fameplay you saw was part of the fighting or testing process, as a result of that process many bugs were found some of which could potentially break the game, and so it was with held from release in the S8 drop. With that said Sentinels have made it in to the odst rotation and we can make our own custom odst interactions much like reach, but both the flood and elites are being tweaked and fixed, which will be released when jt js ready.