Search Times-Xbox 360 Halo's Vs Xbox One Halo's

Here are some stats I got today when I had way too much free time showing the difference in search times on Halo Reach 360, Halo 4 360 and Halo MCC One. There is definitely something wrong:

Halo 360 vs Halo One
BTB Search Times
Halo: Reach
Go 1: 1min 19secs-191 players
Go 2: 43secs-222 players
Go 3: 42secs-212 players
Halo MCC
Go 1: 9mins 34secs
Go 2: 14mins 29secs (one player remaining at 7mins but search restarted)
Go 3: 15mins-gave up, never found a game
Halo 4 Xbox 360
Go 1: 1min
Go 2: 2min 8secs-501 players
Go 3: 4mins 36secs-460 players-not full game,12 players

Team Slayer Search Times
Go 1: 51secs-355 players
Go 2: 1min 1sec-549 players
Go 3: 1min 19secs-503 players
Halo MCC
Go 1: 45secs
Go 2: 6mins 10secs (but it restarted search after it found a game and crashed the MCC, this has happened before)
Go 3: 31secs
Halo 4 Xbox 360
Go 1: 1min 9secs-214 players
Go 2: 2mins 12secs-209 players
Go 3: 1min 4secs-209 players
Team SWAT Search Times

Go 1: 33secs-245 players
Go 2: 3mins 1sec-prior to this I had had 4 SWAT games, all found games far quicker than this, but I ddi not record them down
Go 3: 1min 13secs-211 players
Halo MCC
Go 1: 15mins-gave up, never found a game
Go 2: 1min 39secs-first game I’ve found on SWAT in 6 months
Go 3: 10mins-gave up, never found a game
Halo 4 Xbox 360
Go 1: 50secs-121 players
Go 2: 1min 6secs-121 players
Go 3: 1min 44secs-119 players

Yeah I played some Reach last night and noticed how fast I found games compared to MCC. I don’t wait anything like 15 min though. If I don’t get a match start in a couple of minutes I restart my search. Either way, the difference is noticeable.

Funny, I don’t have extra long wait times for Games very often. But my connection is the best in the area so…

This is the definitive end to the “too many playlists will spread the population too thin” bs argument. If you can find games in 1 minute with 200 people, I’m sure you could find games in 1 minute with 1000 people if MCC had 20 playlists. Clearly the MM for MCC is awful and slow.

In a different world MCC has decent matchmaking with individual playlists of populations ~500 players and you actually get to play what you want within a minute of searching. In that world 343 isn’t in charge of halo and the developer actually cares more about it’s customers and improving their already released game instead of promoting their next game for your money.

I find BTB Games all day long in a minute or two, and that’s not an issue. All of the Playlists I play I find games pretty quick. So Idk what all ya’ll problems are but I have none. My connection is Fast and my NAT is open.

If you aren’t finding games you may need to do a hard reset. Also back out and research does help as well. But yes Xbox 360s are faster at just about everything. You can even bring up friends list, achievements, and whatever faster on 360s. Xbox ones are under powered for what they are supposed to do.

> 2533274793734669;4:
> This is the definitive end to the “too many playlists will spread the population too thin” bs argument. If you can find games in 1 minute with 200 people, I’m sure you could find games in 1 minute with 1000 people if MCC had 20 playlists. Clearly the MM for MCC is awful and slow.
>
> In a different world MCC has decent matchmaking with individual playlists of populations ~500 players and you actually get to play what you want within a minute of searching. In that world 343 isn’t in charge of halo and the developer actually cares more about it’s customers and improving their already released game instead of promoting their next game for your money

Right? It also frustrates me when they talk about rotating playlists and the effect of having too many playlists, and then turn around and make 2 playlists, that were rotationals, permanent. It makes absolutely no sense.

I don’t know why, but if I’m playing alone or with one person, my searches are about 2-4 min(still long, if you ask me), but if I’m in a party with 3+, the searches take FOREVER to find a game. I would say anywhere from 4-10+ min. Now I always have my laptop next to me, so I can have something to do while I wait.

> 2533274813499353;7:
> > 2533274793734669;4:
> > This is the definitive end to the “too many playlists will spread the population too thin” bs argument. If you can find games in 1 minute with 200 people, I’m sure you could find games in 1 minute with 1000 people if MCC had 20 playlists. Clearly the MM for MCC is awful and slow.
> >
> > In a different world MCC has decent matchmaking with individual playlists of populations ~500 players and you actually get to play what you want within a minute of searching. In that world 343 isn’t in charge of halo and the developer actually cares more about it’s customers and improving their already released game instead of promoting their next game for your money
>
>
> Right? It also frustrates me when they talk about rotating playlists and the effect of having too many playlists, and then turn around and make 2 playlists, that were rotationals, permanent. It makes absolutely no sense.

It’s definitely a cover up for how bad the matchmaking is. They probably made those playlists rotational on purpose just so they could make them permanent later so fans could see that as a “gift”. How is 12 playlists too much? Halo 2 had 18 playlists for one game and that never spread the population too thin.

I live in Australia as well, I think it’s far better in the US from what I have read from other threads but in Australia judging from, well, this and other threads it’s still absolutely atrocious.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> If you aren’t finding games you may need to do a hard reset. Also back out and research does help as well. But yes Xbox 360s are faster at just about everything. You can even bring up friends list, achievements, and whatever faster on 360s. Xbox ones are under powered for what they are supposed to do.

I would join my two posts together, but browsing this site on an iPad is hell and that almost seems impossible.
I have tried a hard reset a few times, yes, unfortunately still no fix. I usually restart the search (which seems to do nothing) but for the sake of this test I did all of the times on one go. You’d think current gen hardware would be far better with that stuff when compared to previous gen, but I guess that’s not the case. I don’t think that has much of an impact on search times though.