Search Preferences

Please bring search preferences back with Halo Infinite. I realize there is not an abundance of population for MCC to do this, however, I feel with the coming game this is feasible. I’m tired of getting matched with trash teammates. That covers everything from their bad connection, to their skill level.

> 2533274825669729;1:
> Please bring search preferences back with Halo Infinite. I realize there is not an abundance of population for MCC to do this, however, I feel with the coming game this is feasible. I’m tired of getting matched with trash teammates. That covers everything from their bad connection, to their skill level.

I don’t think any amount of preference-matching will remove the possibility of matching with teammates that are disappointing in terms of skill or connection. People that are skilled often have games were they’re just not feeling it, and perform poorly. The same goes for the connection, as players with a solid connection can sometimes experience network fluctuations.

That said, I think purely SBMM would kill the game because of a plethora of reasons. You can look to the games on the market that use SBMM now and see the issues they’re having with sweats, smurfing, skill creep, etc. I like to think that “trash” teammates sometimes means “trash” opponents later, and I think it’s good the skill pools are mixed, despite the frustrations that accompany it.

Over on the matchmaking discussion forum there’s a few threads about halo 5s matchmaking which should probably be similar to Infinite. Getting fairer matches should be fixed with a (hopefully) bigger population in Infinite.

Just do what Apex/Titanfall do and let us select the Azure regions please. Enough of developer lead region matching, it doesn’t work the way players/parties wish.

I agree with adding search preferences with infinite, it would be like with halo 5 if you want to find a match fast you could set it to expanded, if you wanted players closer to your skill you can set it to narrow search preferences.