Search Preferences = Useless in Warzone?

• Everyone was so exited when 343 finally got around to adding Search Preference into Halo 5. I was too, until I figured out that it mostly deals with connection, and judges you and your fireteam’s skill based simply on rank. But there is no preference for game difficulty - what I mean by that is that I, a no-longer-so-prestigious SR132, am always paired up with people my rank. But the thing is, when I play, It always matches me up with people who are playing super competitively. I’m talking full Achilles and Phaeton Helios (Helio? Heliei?) everywhere. I respect that they want everything and want to be good at the game. But, when you pair these people with people like me, who have accumulated their rank simply by playing a long time and are not necessarily good, it ruins the game for them. When I play Halo 5, I want to have a fun time with friends, playing Forge and Warzone, but our 5-man fireteam is continually paired with competitive players - simply because I alone have a 100+ rank. What I’m proposing is a social playlist or preference that does not allow you to play if you have a fireteam of over 6. That way the people who are playing competitively can play against an actual competition, and people just looking to have a good time can do just that.

I also would like a competitive mode and casual mode.

The struggle is real…

> 2535440681401229;3:
> The struggle is real…

How did you find a month old thread…
Dont necro old posts also FYI

Your SR has ZERO relation to player skill really. Sure a player of higher SR tends to be a good player but SR is given no matter how well you play. All SR does is really show how much/long some one has played. Some one can strictly play warzone where xp points (which adds to your SR “rank”) are earned a lot faster but then go into Arena and get their yoink kicked despite of being a high SR. Your CSR is what really reflects skill level.

As far as warzone goes I feel more are being pretty unrealistic about the matchmaking. With so many factors going to into warzone it is impossible to match up perfectly matched or competitive teams every time. Uneven matches and bad beats are going to happen. They have always happened in Halo and in online gaming in general.

Well it’s been necroed so might as well discuss it.

I agree, OP. I’m only SR 50, but it’s already getting to the point that it’s Scorpions, Wraiths, Banshees, Wasps, and Ghost Ultras literally everywhere. I can’t imagine SR 100+ where everyone is dropping big balls legendary req cards left and right.

> 2533275000891502;6:
> Well it’s been necroed so might as well discuss it.
>
> I agree, OP. I’m only SR 50, but it’s already getting to the point that it’s Scorpions, Wraiths, Banshees, Wasps, and Ghost Ultras literally everywhere. I can’t imagine SR 100+ where everyone is dropping big balls legendary req cards left and right.

Mostly just Banshees.
Lots
and lots
and lots
of Banshees.

> 2535468425990603;4:
> > 2535440681401229;3:
> > The struggle is real…
>
>
> How did you find a month old thread…
> Dont necro old posts also FYI

What the heck r u talking about? Lol

Has this been explained by the devs in depth? I’m very curious to know the answer as well. Most of my regular fireteammates are a decade or two in rank below me, and we still get matched with SrsSpartans4Lyfe clans left and right.

It’s because they do not match teams with teams. There isn’t a search preference based on party size.

Full teams match randoms and randoms or very small parties match full teams.

Just watch halo streamers that play warzone, it’s a complete annihilation of the other team. They also don’t always end famed quick and they pad their stats.

Halo needs better search preferences that are built into the search parameters for matchmaking.

343i needs to wake up and fix this issue fir h5 and make sure it’s fixed for h6.

I still wish for mutiple warzone playlists with a max fireteam of 4, 6, 8, … spartans.