Search preference works

I’ve immediately noticed a difference in matchmaking with switching my search preference to Focused. It seems to be matching me up with players of similar rank. This has seemed to help tremendously especially when rolling solo in Team Arena. The wait time hasn’t been that bad either.

I’m sure everyone has skewed opinions on this, but for me it has been a nice touch.

I played one match of Team Arena last night with focused search settings an it was the most accurate matching based on rank that I’ve ever seen. I was a Gold 6 and I got matched with a Gold 4, a Silver 6, and an Unranked against a Gold 5, a Gold 4, a Gold 1 and an Unranked.

> 2533274817677471;1:
> I’ve immediately noticed a difference in matchmaking with switching my search preference to Focused. It seems to be matching me up with players of similar rank. This has seemed to help tremendously especially when rolling solo in Team Arena. The wait time hasn’t been that bad either.
>
> I’m sure everyone has skewed opinions on this, but for me it has been a nice touch.

Thank god it works i haven’t touched it necause it says theres a longer wait time but now I’ll look into it im so tired of getting lvl 30 and below while im lvl 109 with a gold 6 and they have unranked and die alot with little to no kills or ranked but they are silver or bronze.

glad to hear this is working, only played a couple games last night so i havent really tested it out yet

> 2533274949743263;3:
> > 2533274817677471;1:
> > I’ve immediately noticed a difference in matchmaking with switching my search preference to Focused. It seems to be matching me up with players of similar rank. This has seemed to help tremendously especially when rolling solo in Team Arena. The wait time hasn’t been that bad either.
> >
> > I’m sure everyone has skewed opinions on this, but for me it has been a nice touch.
>
>
> Thank god it works i haven’t touched it necause it says theres a longer wait time but now I’ll look into it im so tired of getting lvl 30 and below while im lvl 109 with a gold 6 and they have unranked and die alot with little to no kills or ranked but they are silver or bronze.

I don’t believe SR rank factors in at all.

Have you noticed any difference with the lag and connection issues? The rank wasn’t really the problem for most.

Doesn’t work for WZ. I used the focused setting and got paired against Onyx level player(s) even though I’m a Gold 5 player. The game’s population must be really low for that to happen which sounds about right.

> 2535431228880839;6:
> Have you noticed any difference with the lag and connection issues? The rank wasn’t really the problem for most.

Connection was stable. No noticeable lag, that’s not to say that there never will be however. So take it with a grain of sand.

Loving the preferences feedback, looking foward to using it later today!

> 2535453138108435;7:
> Doesn’t work for WZ. I used the focused setting and got paired against Onyx level player(s) even though I’m a Gold 5 player. The game’s population must be really low for that to happen which sounds about right.

I think warzone is more based on the amount of reqs players have unlocked. It doesn’t go by arena rankings. From my understanding. Could be way off

Can I get a search preference that only searches for people way below your skill level? Asking for a friend. I can use a confidence booster from time to time. I mean my friend can.

> 2535453138108435;7:
> Doesn’t work for WZ. I used the focused setting and got paired against Onyx level player(s) even though I’m a Gold 5 player. The game’s population must be really low for that to happen which sounds about right.

Each playlist has it’s own independent ranking and rating system. Your rank in one playlist doesn’t dictate the other.

> 2533274805497312;11:
> Can I get a search preference that only searches for people way below your skill level? Asking for a friend. I can use a confidence booster from time to time. I mean my friend can.

LOL. Were it so easy…

See what I did there? :stuck_out_tongue:

its kinda anoying they bunched latency and skill in the same box , i dont care if the rank is wide , i just want a low ping connection , so hopefully in the future it will be 2 parameters to adjust , one for skill and one for connection , and id like it to be more specific , like a being able to set a hard number for max ping to server hosting the game.