SCUF VS Elite

Ok so I purchased both and tried each one out for 10 days. I play bumper Jumper with default controllers.

Elite: PROS: Great manufacturing and all the different parts (i.e. paddles long sticks, trigger locks etc.) are included in the price.

CONS: The paddles were too easy to hit while playing and ultimately I ended up taking the paddles off completely for comfort.

SCUF: PROS: superior paddle technology. I never accidentally engaged the paddles while playing.

CONS: Cheap manufacturing. Basically looked and felt like a default controller with paddles. Everything seemed exactly like a default Xbox One controller. The only difference being the paddles. Trigger locks and the ability to assign the paddles to different buttons cost extra.

I ultimately went with the ELITE.

PEACE.

I too have an Elite controller. I love it. I have a paddle set to “thruster”, so that paired with bumper jumper is a real force to be reckoned with all on its own.

All-in-all, I recommend the controller, it’s worth the buy.

Ive got the elite controller now (got it about 7 days ago) and I still cant get used to it. It is by far the best manufactured controller I have ever seen though. It feels incredible in hand.

Thanks for the review.

I’ve had the Elite probably for about 2 weeks. I thought it was going to make me pro (jk) with paddles but I never use the paddles. My many years of gaming has made it hard to re wire my brain to use buttons under the control. As such I dropped the paddles and use it as a really high quality normal control. The grips underneath are good for long seasons as well.

I definitely agree that the paddles are way to sensitive. I found I was hitting them every time I adjusted my fingers. I’m sure with time they make you more efficient but there is certainly a big learning curve if you are old.

Mostly I got it cause my normal control was falling apart and the Elite feels like its bomb proof.

If you want to use paddles and are willing to invest more money try these out. I wrote the topic sarcastically, but they help me out a bunch. They’re smaller than the too-long paddles of the Elite.

It takes time to get use to the paddles. I had mine since January and I just started using all 4 paddles about 3 weeks ago. Still, I’m not 100 percent using them. I started with one, then 2, 3 now 4. I was comfortable with 2 paddles for a while. Right side I was using the short one and on the left I was using the long one. Weird combo, but it was the best way for me to have some sort of hard grip on the controller, witch by the way my main issue was relearning how to hold the controller without my whole hands wrapped around it. Now I rarely notice myself mistakenly hitting the paddles.

Thanks for the review. Now I know to use Elites not scufs

Thanks for the info. I’m always hearing these ‘paddles are misplaced and accidentially hit’ complaints regarding the elite, which is eventually the reason why I haven’t bought one yet. I think I’ll be buying the razor wildcat controller in the near future.

> 2533274803493024;5:
> If you want to use paddles and are willing to invest more money try these out. I wrote the topic sarcastically, but they help me out a bunch. They’re smaller than the too-long paddles of the Elite.

“You’re killing me, Smalls!” So you actually liked the paddles that are halo themed?! Did they really work better or is this satire upon satire?

Nice review bro, im currently running the Elite controller and LOVING IT.

> 2533274803493024;5:
> If you want to use paddles and are willing to invest more money try these out. I wrote the topic sarcastically, but they help me out a bunch. They’re smaller than the too-long paddles of the Elite.

Or just order some of the original paddles and use the upper ones for less than a third of the cost. Also on a side note what thumbstick config you guys using? Which sticks i mean lol.

The Elite controller uses the same internal switches for sticks and buttons which means you’re paying 3x more for a controller that wears out just as fast as a standard controller. I don’t know why they couldn’t put decent parts in it. If I spend $150 on a keybaord, at least I know the switches will last 50+ years if I kept it that long.

> 2533275006282773;12:
> The Elite controller uses the same internal switches for sticks and buttons which means you’re paying 3x more for a controller that wears out just as fast as a standard controller. I don’t know why they couldn’t put decent parts in it. If I spend $150 on a keybaord, at least I know the switches will last 50+ years if I kept it that long.

I totally agree with this. If you want paddles or buttons or whatever find a company that does custom work and send it a controller to get buttons on the back. It will more than likely be cheaper than the elite or outright buying a scuf and you will get your back buttons.