Scripting Race Maps

So if you’ve ever Forged before or pay attention to Forge channels you would probably know that to make Race maps that work properly, you have to use like 50 script brains and an unbearably amount of complicated scripting (Yes I know there is Race prefabs). I don’t know why there isn’t a Checkpoint object under Gamemodes.

I have tons of ideas for Race maps, but I can’t make them because I’m only on the “Moderate” level of scripting skill. So the only thing I ask for in Forge is for Checkpoints or whatever you need for Race to be an object that is under “Gamemodes” that you just need to place, maybe alter a few settings, and them bam: you’re done.

> 2533274919101675;1:
> So if you’ve ever Forged before or pay attention to Forge channels you would probably know that to make Race maps that work properly, you have to use like 50 script brains and an unbearably amount of complicated scripting (Yes I know there is Race prefabs). I don’t know why there isn’t a Checkpoint object under Gamemodes.
>
> I have tons of ideas for Race maps, but I can’t make them because I’m only on the “Moderate” level of scripting skill. So the only thing I ask for in Forge is for Checkpoints or whatever you need for Race to be an object that is under “Gamemodes” that you just need to place, maybe alter a few settings, and them bam: you’re done.

Oh, so like there’s the marker thing and you set 2 at a time to make the checkpoint?

> 2535410648744984;2:
> > 2533274919101675;1:
> > So if you’ve ever Forged before or pay attention to Forge channels you would probably know that to make Race maps that work properly, you have to use like 50 script brains and an unbearably amount of complicated scripting (Yes I know there is Race prefabs). I don’t know why there isn’t a Checkpoint object under Gamemodes.
> >
> > I have tons of ideas for Race maps, but I can’t make them because I’m only on the “Moderate” level of scripting skill. So the only thing I ask for in Forge is for Checkpoints or whatever you need for Race to be an object that is under “Gamemodes” that you just need to place, maybe alter a few settings, and them bam: you’re done.
>
> Oh, so like there’s the marker thing and you set 2 at a time to make the checkpoint?

There’s 2 Brains for the markers, and one that gives you points when you pass and loads the next checkpoint. There’s also multiple brains that make sure that you only see the markers for the checkpoint you are about to pass.

> 2533274919101675;3:
> > 2535410648744984;2:
> > > 2533274919101675;1:
> > > So if you’ve ever Forged before or pay attention to Forge channels you would probably know that to make Race maps that work properly, you have to use like 50 script brains and an unbearably amount of complicated scripting (Yes I know there is Race prefabs). I don’t know why there isn’t a Checkpoint object under Gamemodes.
> > >
> > > I have tons of ideas for Race maps, but I can’t make them because I’m only on the “Moderate” level of scripting skill. So the only thing I ask for in Forge is for Checkpoints or whatever you need for Race to be an object that is under “Gamemodes” that you just need to place, maybe alter a few settings, and them bam: you’re done.
> >
> > Oh, so like there’s the marker thing and you set 2 at a time to make the checkpoint?
>
> There’s 2 Brains for the markers, and one that gives you points when you pass and loads the next checkpoint. There’s also multiple brains that make sure that you only see the markers for the checkpoint you are about to pass.

Oh wow. What I meant was like a checkpoint option that gives you the checkpoint w/o having to script it?

> 2535410648744984;4:
> > 2533274919101675;3:
> > > 2535410648744984;2:
> > > > 2533274919101675;1:
> > > > So if you’ve ever Forged before or pay attention to Forge channels you would probably know that to make Race maps that work properly, you have to use like 50 script brains and an unbearably amount of complicated scripting (Yes I know there is Race prefabs). I don’t know why there isn’t a Checkpoint object under Gamemodes.
> > > >
> > > > I have tons of ideas for Race maps, but I can’t make them because I’m only on the “Moderate” level of scripting skill. So the only thing I ask for in Forge is for Checkpoints or whatever you need for Race to be an object that is under “Gamemodes” that you just need to place, maybe alter a few settings, and them bam: you’re done.
> > >
> > > Oh, so like there’s the marker thing and you set 2 at a time to make the checkpoint?
> >
> > There’s 2 Brains for the markers, and one that gives you points when you pass and loads the next checkpoint. There’s also multiple brains that make sure that you only see the markers for the checkpoint you are about to pass.
>
> Oh wow. What I meant was like a checkpoint option that gives you the checkpoint w/o having to script it?

Nope