Scrap The Ranking System

One of my only complaints about the game other than it being too generic is the broken ranking system.
A few games ago these were my stats:

KDA: 11.0+
K/D: 3.0+
W/L: I had won roughly 3/4 of my games
I had actually had more total assists than total deaths for a while.

YET I WAS IN BRONZE

I was facing people with negative KDA, sub 1.0k/d, who lost way more games than they won yet they were gold and here I am in bronze.

This ranking system is bogus and is seriously making me contemplate not even buying Halo 5 at all. The ranking system is of utmost importance to replayability due to setting goals to strive for and matching a player up with their equals. Basically at this point if 343 doesn’t scrap this failed CSR and switch back to the proven 1-50 type system then I don’t think I will be purchasing Halo 5.

Back you all the way on this one.

Any “league” based system with placement matches is, by default, pure garbage.

Everyone should start from the bottom and work their way up until they can’t get any higher.

ala H2

> 2783251376865316;4:
> ala H2

I would prefer Halo 2’s 1-43+symbols but honestly I would take any number 1-30. 1-50, 1-343 whatever.

The placements will be a little off in beta due to the limited number of players. However, if you are bronze and you think you are good, then just go win games and rank up (:

> 2535416519117528;5:
> > 2783251376865316;4:
> > ala H2
>
>
> I would prefer Halo 2’s 1-43+symbols but honestly I would take any number 1-30. 1-50, 1-343 whatever.

This system is essentially the same as the 1-50 just on a bigger scale and with bronze, silver, etc instead of numbers.

its all about wins. Find a team

> 2533274910667203;7:
> > 2535416519117528;5:
> > > 2783251376865316;4:
> > > ala H2
> >
> >
> >
> > I would prefer Halo 2’s 1-43+symbols but honestly I would take any number 1-30. 1-50, 1-343 whatever.
>
>
> This system is essentially the same as the 1-50 just on a bigger scale and with bronze, silver, etc instead of numbers.

It is NOTHING like the 1-50 WTF LOL Like I am actually laughing that you would say that. It’s like saying an SUV is like a bike.

And this is funny. I just explained my stats. I win more games than the people who are higher rank. Yet I am still this low. My K/D is outrageous for a Halo game a [person should never have a 3.0k/d in Halo that means the player isn’t playing people anywhere near their skill level

> 2533274910667203;7:
> > 2535416519117528;5:
> > > 2783251376865316;4:
> > > ala H2
> >
> >
> >
> > I would prefer Halo 2’s 1-43+symbols but honestly I would take any number 1-30. 1-50, 1-343 whatever.
>
>
> This system is essentially the same as the 1-50 just on a bigger scale and with bronze, silver, etc instead of numbers.

My problem with it is that movement between divisions is nigh impossible.
Sure I may be moving up in this system, yet it doesn’t feel that way.

Even in H2 if I moved from 14-15 for example; It’s a small amount of movement, but it rewards me visibly and gives me hope for future change after only 5 wins.
If I move from Onyx 1 to 2 I get no visible rank change after what feels like 30 wins. It also makes me feel like getting to the next division is never going to happen.

> 2783251376865316;10:
> > 2533274910667203;7:
> > > 2535416519117528;5:
> > > > 2783251376865316;4:
> > > > ala H2
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I would prefer Halo 2’s 1-43+symbols but honestly I would take any number 1-30. 1-50, 1-343 whatever.
> >
> >
> >
> > This system is essentially the same as the 1-50 just on a bigger scale and with bronze, silver, etc instead of numbers.
>
>
> My problem with it is that movement between divisions is nigh impossible.
> Sure I may be moving up in this system, yet it doesn’t feel that way.
>
> Even in H2 if I moved from 14-15 for example; It’s a small amount of movement, but it rewards me visibly and gives me hope for future change after only 5 wins.
> If I move from Onyx 1 to 2 I get no visible rank change after what feels like 30 wins. It also makes me feel like getting to the next division is never going to happen.

Completely disagree. I moved from Gold 1 to Onyx 2. Yeah it took some time. I won some games, I lost some games, but eventually found teammates to run with and moved into Onyx. Yeah it’s a grind. If you want to be top tier, you have to work for it. People need to stop wanting it to be handed to them.

I feel like letting you know this is only a reskinned 1-50 system. It still operates the same way. If you lose games, you go down in rank. If you win games, you go up in rank.

Although I completely agree with the ranking system being stupid, the way this ranking system would work is if the beta was a rumble playlist. I play solo and It put me in Gold 2 at first. I’ve worked my way up to Onyx 1.5 but it’s been so difficult. The only times I actually make progress to the next rank is when I’m playing with a team. I usually get tards who will lose the game for my team happily. I go positive on the losing team in a SLAYER OBJECTIVE game and get penalized. I’m sorry I did better than the enemy team. Unfortunately I lost. Who’se fault is that though? NOT MINE. I shouldn’t be penalized. The ranking system doesn’t reflect individual skill at all. It reflects your team’s skill at the time of your games. Most of the time it’s pretty horrible the team mates it gives me.

> 2533274910667203;11:
> > 2783251376865316;10:
> > > 2533274910667203;7:
> > > > 2535416519117528;5:
> > > > > 2783251376865316;4:
> > > > > ala H2
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I would prefer Halo 2’s 1-43+symbols but honestly I would take any number 1-30. 1-50, 1-343 whatever.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > This system is essentially the same as the 1-50 just on a bigger scale and with bronze, silver, etc instead of numbers.
> >
> >
> >
> > My problem with it is that movement between divisions is nigh impossible.
> > Sure I may be moving up in this system, yet it doesn’t feel that way.
> >
> > Even in H2 if I moved from 14-15 for example; It’s a small amount of movement, but it rewards me visibly and gives me hope for future change after only 5 wins.
> > If I move from Onyx 1 to 2 I get no visible rank change after what feels like 30 wins. It also makes me feel like getting to the next division is never going to happen.
>
>
> Completely disagree. I moved from Gold 1 to Onyx 2. Yeah it took some time. I won some games, I lost some games, but eventually found teammates to run with and moved into Onyx. Yeah it’s a grind. If you want to be top tier, you have to work for it. People need to stop wanting it to be handed to them.

I don’t want it handed to me. I want it to be reasonable. This current system is not.

> 2535416519117528;1:
> One of my only complaints about the game other than it being too generic is the broken ranking system.
> A few games ago these were my stats:
>
> KDA: 11.0+
> K/D: 3.0+
> W/L: I had won roughly 3/4 of my games
> I had actually had more total assists than total deaths for a while.
>
> YET I WAS IN BRONZE
>
> I was facing people with negative KDA, sub 1.0k/d, who lost way more games than they won yet they were gold and here I am in bronze.
>
> This ranking system is bogus and is seriously making me contemplate not even buying Halo 5 at all. The ranking system is of utmost importance to replayability due to setting goals to strive for and matching a player up with their equals. Basically at this point if 343 doesn’t scrap this failed CSR and switch back to the proven 1-50 type system then I don’t think I will be purchasing Halo 5.

The same thing happened to me. Had over 11KDA, and won 9/10 games, yet still got put into bronze. I’m almost onyx now though. Just play and u’ll eventually get where you belong. Give me 2 more days and I’ll be semi-pro.

> 2533274805230315;14:
> > 2535416519117528;1:
> > One of my only complaints about the game other than it being too generic is the broken ranking system.
> > A few games ago these were my stats:
> >
> > KDA: 11.0+
> > K/D: 3.0+
> > W/L: I had won roughly 3/4 of my games
> > I had actually had more total assists than total deaths for a while.
> >
> > YET I WAS IN BRONZE
> >
> > I was facing people with negative KDA, sub 1.0k/d, who lost way more games than they won yet they were gold and here I am in bronze.
> >
> > This ranking system is bogus and is seriously making me contemplate not even buying Halo 5 at all. The ranking system is of utmost importance to replayability due to setting goals to strive for and matching a player up with their equals. Basically at this point if 343 doesn’t scrap this failed CSR and switch back to the proven 1-50 type system then I don’t think I will be purchasing Halo 5.
>
>
> The same thing happened to me. Had over 11KDA, and won 9/10 games, yet still got put into bronze. I’m almost onyx now though. Just play and u’ll eventually get where you belong. Give me 2 more days and I’ll be semi-pro.

THIS. RIGHT. HERE. Yes your placement sucked (as did mine). We didn’t complain about it. We beat up on people and ranked up. Glad someone is willing to work for a high rank!

I agree ranking is flawed but I think it’s the 10 games to get a starting rank that’s the issue.

i like that it’s based on team wins, the H4 system literally encouraged -Yoink- playing. But when ppl say “just get a team dude” that’s a little frustrating too. I don’t have a lot of halo friends anymore, but I’m a team player, I talk on mic, I try to learn all the callouts, and I have a pretty good k/d.

At the lower levels no one is talking, no one is playing well and it’s hard to get yourself ranked up. It’s just luck of the draw and that sucks.

I have no no idea how you night fix that but that’s my issue with it.

> 2535425573332219;16:
> I agree ranking is flawed but I think it’s the 10 games to get a starting rank that’s the issue.
>
> i like that it’s based on team wins, the H4 system literally encouraged -Yoink- playing. But when ppl say “just get a team dude” that’s a little frustrating too. I don’t have a lot of halo friends anymore, but I’m a team player, I talk on mic, I try to learn all the callouts, and I have a pretty good k/d.
>
> At the lower levels no one is talking, no one is playing well and it’s hard to get yourself ranked up. It’s just luck of the draw and that sucks.
>
> I have no no idea how you night fix that but that’s my issue with it.

I agree. The placement issue is a problem but it is a completely different subject from the rank systen itself, which people do not seem to understand.

As far as ranking up, I started as a Silver and have progressed to Onyx. It was a grind but extremely rewarding when you finally accomplish it. Which is what ranking up is all about!

I made a free XBL account to use when I don’t have friends on and it’s working well enough for me (if you have gold, any silver accounts you make are upgraded to gold for free on your Xbone if you didn’t know). It works really great because I don’t need to stress about my rank while playing with randoms. I also can receive party invites and such on my main account while playing on the alt.

I unfortunately played 2 games before teaming up with my friends, so they all got placed into Pro, Semi-pro, and Onyx, while I was put into Gold 1. I’m at Onyx 2 now and climbing, looking forward to semi-pro. Beating all of these 1700+ teams is ranking me up fast enough considering it’s only week 1. I just hope that MCC’s 1-50 ends up being equally addicting.

At the end of the day, I do hope that the initial 10 placement matches end up working better by the full release.

> 2533274910667203;17:
> > 2535425573332219;16:
> > I agree ranking is flawed but I think it’s the 10 games to get a starting rank that’s the issue.
> >
> > i like that it’s based on team wins, the H4 system literally encouraged -Yoink- playing. But when ppl say “just get a team dude” that’s a little frustrating too. I don’t have a lot of halo friends anymore, but I’m a team player, I talk on mic, I try to learn all the callouts, and I have a pretty good k/d.
> >
> > At the lower levels no one is talking, no one is playing well and it’s hard to get yourself ranked up. It’s just luck of the draw and that sucks.
> >
> > I have no no idea how you night fix that but that’s my issue with it.
>
>
>
> I agree. The placement issue is a problem but it is a completely different subject from the rank systen itself, which people do not seem to understand.
>
> As far as ranking up, I started as a Silver and have progressed to Onyx. It was a grind but extremely rewarding when you finally accomplish it. Which is what ranking up is all about!

Is it really that excitring? You have almost reached max rank after a few days of beta. What are you going to do when the game is released and you are already maxed out?

The ranking system is wack and adds very little replayability

[deleted]