Scout Hogs COULD be useful

• Right now scout hogs are just a bigger version of the mongoose, and aside from the first few moments of a warzone game, they’re just as useless as a mongoose. Why not give scout hogs 4 person carrying and advanced armor? No they won’t get you kills but it would open up the possibility of greater strategy and people would hate them less. Scout hogs COULD be a viable weapon for taking armories or overloading the central base. If 343 was insanely cool they would also add additional buffs to camo skin specific warthogs, ie using the correct camo warthog related to the map could provide a speed boost or armor upgrades etc.

Yeah more cards that will end up being converted by the masses into req points but the twist is it can be an easy overkill. I’d rather not have mor hogs op. I’m hoping we get a race playlist.

Oni scouts should have anti-radar tech, I mean they are “scouts”.

> 2533274886531207;1:
> - Right now scout hogs are just a bigger version of the mongoose, and aside from the first few moments of a warzone game, they’re just as useless as a mongoose. Why not give scout hogs 4 person carrying and advanced armor? No they won’t get you kills but it would open up the possibility of greater strategy and people would hate them less. Scout hogs COULD be a viable weapon for taking armories or overloading the central base. If 343 was insanely cool they would also add additional buffs to camo skin specific warthogs, ie using the correct camo warthog related to the map could provide a speed boost or armor upgrades etc.

I just want them packed with explosives.

Even if you upgraded them they still wouldn’t be too useful. There’s just not much need for a transport type vehicle in a game where every player spawns with such insane mobility.

WZFF made me go from selling them as I got them to keeping a semi-healthy supply of them.

Remember: feed your scout hog tires a well-rounded diet of Grunts and Crawlers.

Id argue a scout warthog is more usefull than a rocket hog. At least the scout warthog is a cheap piece of garbage, the rocket hogs are one same tier levels at banshee ultras, Hannible vehichles and phaetons.

Everytime I get a rocket or a gauss hog part of me dies inside knowing it could’ve be something good.

I had an idea of objectives that wasn’t kill something.

1. Basically, a drop pod lands like in CE and you objective is to rescue the surviving marines and transport them back to base. Those that survive then add to the number defending bases.
  2. Sangelli have captured some scientists and are holding them prisoner. Extract the survivors back to base.

This gives the mongoose and scout warthogs a better reason to be in the game and be a REQ.

> 2533274812650916;5:
> Even if you upgraded them they still wouldn’t be too useful. There’s just not much need for a transport type vehicle in a game where every player spawns with such insane mobility.

I sort of disagree but it could be a way to combat farming use the upgraded transport vehicles to travel even faster and take an armory. IF you get past all the tanks, lasers, rockets, etc.

> 2533274812650916;5:
> Even if you upgraded them they still wouldn’t be too useful. There’s just not much need for a transport type vehicle in a game where every player spawns with such insane mobility.

… I personally like the idea though…

> 2533274886531207;1:
> Why not give scout hogs 4 person carrying and advanced armor? No they won’t get you kills but it would open up the possibility of greater strategy and people would hate them less.

I would love for the Scout Hog to have a bigger carrying capacity to allow for a more troop transport that can storm a base very quickly.

What I would REALLY love to see is if you have a player spawn a Scout Hog and another spawns with any Heavy Turret, then the turret player could jump into the back of the Scout Hog with their turret, give the turret unlimited ammo until that gunner dies and the turret falls off. Think about it. You have your standard Machine Gun and Gauss Warthogs driving around, all of a sudden there are Plasma and Splinter Turret hogs joining the fray.

Alas, it will never happen. I guess the Scout Hog is useful enough for selling and getting REQ points back.

I remember being disappointed when figuring out the scout warthog has a carrying capacity of two players…

> 2533274824175624;7:
> Id argue a scout warthog is more usefull than a rocket hog. At least the scout warthog is a cheap piece of garbage, the rocket hogs are one same tier levels at banshee ultras, Hannible vehichles and phaetons.
>
> Everytime I get a rocket or a gauss hog part of me dies inside knowing it could’ve be something good.

This isn’t true anymore. The rockethog is a only a level 4 req now, where it should have always been.

I can’t wait for twenty more versions of it in the hog wild update. /s

Scout hog is pretty useless and it’s only sometimes good for splattering people in the bases.

Let’s not bump old threads. Thanks.