Scorpion should turn on a dime

One thing that I have been hoping to see since halo reach was for the scorpion to finally be able to turn on a dime. So far, this hasn’t happened. I honestly don’t know why the developers haven’t gotten around to doing this. This should be very simple to impliment(I’m not sure about this, I’m not a developer) in halo 4. It would make sense to do it, modern tanks are able to turn on a dime. And I also think that the scorpion should be able to move it’s turret independent of the tracks(the halo 2 scorpion is the only scorpion able to do this, the halo 3 and reach scorpions would turn in the direction of the turret is facing).

For those who don’t know how tanks work and how they turn on a dime, here’s a quick explanation: tanks have tracks on both sides, when the tracks run in parallel directions(the right track goes forward while the left moves in reverse), the tank is thus able to turn 360 degrees right on the spot.

How does one simply… Turn a Scorpion on a dime?

Treads can only turn so fast.

Plus, the Reach Scorpion turns pretty darn fast. If you didn’t notice, with some fancy controller work you can easily move one direction and shoot the other with the Reach Scorpion.

They need a way to balance it out. I think the turret movement speed is fine, but I can see the turning radius being decreased a little.

Yeah…while I get your point, it would be OP. Scorpions have always had a big advantage, and a big disadvantage.

Advantage: It got a giant gun that destroys everything almost in one shot.

Disadvantage: Is a very big target, moves slow, has limited close range potential with the gun as a result.

So…while I get your point, it would be OP. :slight_smile:

> How does one simply… Turn a Scorpion on a dime?

One does not simply, turn a Scorpion on a dime.

I don’t think the scorpion needs any more improvements, it wrecks everything pretty easily. If anything the wraith could use some adjustments.

I kinda find it sad that the Spartan’s get an futuristic visual update, but the Scorpion is still looking like the CE Scorpion. Didn’t they backward engineer the Wraith? There should have been junkyards full of them after the war. Turning on dime? We should be hover boarding with them with Marty Mcfly riding on top to escape Biff by now.

> I kinda find it sad that the Spartan’s get an futuristic visual update, but the Scorpion is still looking like the CE Scorpion. Didn’t they backward engineer the Wraith? There should have been junkyards full of them after the war. Turning on dime? We should be hover boarding with them with Marty Mcfly riding on top to escape Biff by now.

Well, not sure why they would use the Wraith over the Scorpions, Scorpion seems a lot better ot me. :smiley:

And, I’m hoping for some more futuristic vehicles in Halo, but then again, I don’t want UNSC vehicles to be essentially rescinded Covie vehicles. UNSC vehicles have their own look/feel.

It’s a Tank…Tanks don’t turn like your average car.

It’s a Space Tank.

Don’t question the Space Tank.

They should also make it drop land mines and give it some sort of armor locking device for when people are trying to board. Maybe they should also give it wings and make it flyable.

The reason the tank doesn’t turn so easily is because every other aspect of it is completely powerful.

> It’s a Tank…Tanks don’t turn like your average car.

Clearly you didn’t take the time to read my OP. Tanks turn on a dime, cars can’t do that without significant modification.

> > It’s a Tank…Tanks don’t turn like your average car.
>
> Clearly you didn’t take the time to read my OP. Tanks turn on a dime, cars can’t do that without significant modification.

It would take heavy modification on the Scorpions part too. Much like a cars 4 wheels, the Scorpions set of 4 treads gives it 4 points of contact at each corner of the body.

A standard two tread tank has two points of contact to the ground, which are much more centralized along the tanks body, which moved in opposite directions, give it a Zero turning radius.

If you’ll notice, a Scorpion leads with its front treads into a turn, a standard tank will still turn from the center of it’s mass.

No thanks, those things are scary enough as it is.

It’s already possible, it just requires some controller work.

I’m sorry, but the Scorpion does not need to be made any more powerful. It’s already the strongest thing in the entirity of multiplayer. It’s fine in Reach. People get Running Riots every time I see them use one. The only practical way to destroy a Scorpion without lasering it was to flank it. Don’t nullify the one strategy we have against it.

As someone who spent way too much of their childhood playing Halo:CE, I can tell you that not all iterations of the scorpion couldn’t turn on a dime. On CE, you merely had to face a direction and then rock the movement joystick back and forth and it would spin in one spot. I don’t remember, but I’m pretty sure that it works in Halo 2, too. I’m hoping that this feature returns in 4!!

The #1 reason for tanks in Halo don’t turn on a dime: GAMEPLAY BALANCE.
Why don’t headshots with pistols don’t kill targets? GAMEPLAY BALANCE.

For gameplay balances, Realism usually takes the backseat.

It’s the most powerrful land vehicle in game, capable of taking anything out in 1 shot. Warthog? Gone. Banshee? Gone. You? Gone. Halo ring? Gone.

EMP it? You’ll only make it mad, as the turret would still turn around and blow you up.

It’s freaking strong as it is. Let’s not remove flanking. :confused: