Scorpion, Mantis, Wraith!

So you get in it & low & behold an enemy was camped nearby & kills you!
Yet when the enemy has 1 of the aforementioned vehicles they have 3 or 4 people around him/her defending! -yoinking- jealous randoms!!
I could of booted 6 maybe as many as 8 different people in last 36 hours but didn’t as it would affect the team!
I fire 1 rocket from the start the game to a potentially occupied base & a team-mAte runs in the line of fire after i have sent it & I get booted!
blah blah b;ah
2 points!

1. random team-mates are useless…
  2. why boot a team-mate unless they have made a bee line for you?
    ACCIDENTS HAPPEN!

Ok then? I just don’t understand why you would post this.

Sorry long indeed!
My point is the “boot option” WHY for the love of god is it so uneven?
& also Why are people so eager to push the “BOOT” option?
When I have been booted I am normally top te list helping my team win & when I check later the ended up loosing!

> Sorry long indeed!
> My point is the “boot option” WHY for the love of god is it so uneven?
> & also Why are people so eager to push the “BOOT” option?
> When I have been booted I am normally top te list helping my team win & when I check later the ended up loosing!

I agree with you. every time I accidentally betray a teammate they are so quick to boot me ): Anyways, here’s what a noob thinks of when the boot option pops up:

“oooooh wuts dis button do??? I’m gunna cleek it!!!”

> So you get in it & low & behold an enemy was camped nearby & kills you!
> Yet when the enemy has 1 of the aforementioned vehicles they have 3 or 4 people around him/her defending! -yoinking- jealous randoms!!
> I could of booted 6 maybe as many as 8 different people in last 36 hours but didn’t as it would affect the team!
> I fire 1 rocket from the start the game to a potentially occupied base & a team-mAte runs in the line of fire after i have sent it & I get booted!

You just need to adapt.

I’ve been playing since the release pretty much and haven’t had problems like this much, at all.

I only boot if I can tell its on purpose. Otherwise, I forgive and forget.

Yeah i get the original post of this. Boot option seems rather unfair. And its the same issue for me. I could have a team mate run me over on purpose several times for the boot option to pop up and in which I’ll forgive unless the person is low in kills or not being helpful, but when I accidentally hit someone on the ghost i get booted immediately.

343 shoul’ve atleast invented a better boot option as in warning you before you get booted, or even calling a team vote if the betrayals become more than one person. I don’t know but i’m sure there’s something way better than what they are doing now with their boot option. Halo 3’s boot option was better Bungie=Winning

well it comes down to the event and point of view, if you betray as an accident, it depends on the player effected by your mistake

if that player was on a streak, or really is annoyed by this random death, he is likely to boot and they have the power to do it sometimes.

other times it could be a casual player, who recognises the mistake and forgives you. it all depends really

Thats another thing people who blatantly betray you to get your weapon?
That should be a simple straight up “boot option” but does that happen no the option does not appear!
Yet if you kill someone with friendly fire bye bye game!
wtf

> > So you get in it & low & behold an enemy was camped nearby & kills you!
> > Yet when the enemy has 1 of the aforementioned vehicles they have 3 or 4 people around him/her defending! -yoinking- jealous randoms!!
> > I could of booted 6 maybe as many as 8 different people in last 36 hours but didn’t as it would affect the team!
> > I fire 1 rocket from the start the game to a potentially occupied base & a team-mAte runs in the line of fire after i have sent it & I get booted!
>
> You just need to adapt.

Adapt to what? Getting kicked? No thanks.

> Thats another thing people who blatantly betray you to get your weapon?
> That should be a simple straight up “boot option” but does that happen no the option does not appear!
> Yet if you kill someone with friendly fire bye bye game!
> wtf

How would the game tell? Maybe it should give the option to boot someone if they pick up your weapon after you die. But people would abuse that too.

There is no actual solution to FF.

You wont be booted for killing one person on accident, it takes a history of betraying teammates before it comes up.

Stop betraying teammates (intentionally or not) and you wont get booted.

> You wont be booted for killing one person on accident, it takes a history of betraying teammates before it comes up.
>
> Stop betraying teammates (intentionally or not) and you wont get booted.

It’s difficult not to betray your teammates when they are the ones who get in your line of fire.

I could make a long and in depth post about this, but I’ll keep it short and simple. I agree, the boot option is horrible. It always was, and will probably always be. I could bring up scenarios in Halo 3, and Reach before I get to Halo 4 where the boot option was total bull. And although you should be able to, I can never rely on my random teammates in this game for anything which is why I’ve become such a defensive player. I can’t trust my teammates to allow myself to push forward.

Because of this, I always play this game with my brother and my friends… going solo doesn’t workout as well in this game.

> You wont be booted for killing one person on accident, it takes a history of betraying teammates before it comes up.
>
> Stop betraying teammates (intentionally or not) and you wont get booted.

Sometimes betrayals come with the gametype.

It would seem that although you don’t get the boot option in Grifball, it may count towards the running total?

I play a lot of Lockdown, and have managed many a time to stick an opponent, and then a teammate decides to assassinate them AFTER I have already stuck them. Crazy stuff like that in close quarters, and suddenly you get booted.

OP - I have several times been mashing X to respawn and barely had enough reflex to avoid booting in my haste but I have also been the victim many a time of someone bounding out of a tunnel while I am boosting a vehicle, yet it is MY fault they died.

What the hell did the thread title have to do with the actual post?

> What the hell did the thread title have to do with the actual post?

I was mega wasted when I wrote this & I got sidetracked.
The ramblings of a drunken put it down to!