Score System: Do you Really Want the Extra 0

So does the community want the extra zero in the score count in Halo 5?
I feel that it was the most unneeded change in halo 4! What do you guys think?

I honestly couldn’t care less. Either way, I’m fine.

> I honestly couldn’t care less. Either way, I’m fine.

The zero makes me think of the face the little minesweeper dude makes before you finish clicking on a square.

Get rid of it. I can’t take the stress. Super important to my enjoyment of hte game.

I don’t mind, but it also truly isn’t needed. I’d say just return it to normal.

The only reason I think it’s there in the first place is to allow +5s in the scoring system, as opposed to +.5 (in a 1-based system). I personally prefer the single digit. It’s honestly not a HUGE deal, but it irked me when I watched pre-launch gameplay and it does start to bother me after a while now.

Now don’t take off my head here anybody, but… it is yet another element in the game that makes it feel more similar to Call of Duty 0_0 duck and cover Why count by 10s when we can keep things simple and count by 1s?

WHYYYYYY 343i WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

Well the reason they did it supposedly was to keep it consistent with the personal ordinance scoring system. But to be honest I hope they drop personal ordinance completely with halo5 making it unnecessary.

For non-Infinity gametypes, it should be the old system.

I feel like having the ‘extra zero’ somewhat takes away the competitiveness of the game, I feel that the urgency of the game is lessened if it uses that point-based scoring.

When I played Legendary Slayer, I felt more compelled to try harder because the kill-based scoring truly showed how the team was ‘really’ scoring. Overall, the point-based scoring gives an illusion that lessens the urgency of the game. But I’d prefer that both forms of scoring exist in Halo 5.

I really didn’t see the point in them doing it with Halo 4 and I can’t see any point in continuing it with halo 5.

Not that it is a big deal at all, I really don’t care that much to be honest, but when they insist on changing something so unnecessarily like that, I can’t help but get the impression that they are doing every little thing to try to stray from the old identity of Halo, and that in itself makes me sick.

Call me a drama queen.

> The only reason I think it’s there in the first place is to allow +5s in the scoring system, as opposed to +.5 (in a 1-based system). I personally prefer the single digit. It’s honestly not a HUGE deal, but it irked me when I watched pre-launch gameplay and it does start to bother me after a while now.
>
> Now don’t take off my head here anybody, but… it is yet another element in the game that makes it feel more similar to Call of Duty 0_0 duck and cover Why count by 10s when we can keep things simple and count by 1s?
>
> WHYYYYYY 343i WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

No I completely agree, it’s hard to escape that niggling feeling that they were doing every little thing they could to follow in the footsteps of Call of Duty.

Even if that’s not what they were intentionally doing with it, it still gives that impression and it makes me uncomfortable.
We should all be incredibly proud of Halo’s past, and there’s no problem with taking it into the future, whether it’s the smaller things like the scoring system, or the more significant things like map control.

old system is much better people get to many points for nothing with the new system .

OLD is simple and neat

that’s what i would pick.