Scopes and Attachments

Okay, before anyone gets their armor in a bunch - the Halo 5 Multiplayer Teaser had a Battle Rifle without a scope. It could be a different gun but it made me start thinking about scopes and attachments for guns, along with different firing modes.

Pressing up or down on the D-pad could allow you to switch the mode; with the faction of the gun changing what happens.

For human weapons, this would add a scope or attachment.
Like adding a 2x scope and reducing the reticle size/accuracy to an Assault Rifle or SMG, taking the scope off of a BR or DMR and changing the fire mode, taking the scope off of a sniper rifle and increasing the reticle size and reducing the accuracy (making it better for snapshots and CQC), and maybe even making a Rocket Launcher fire both missiles in a corkscrew pattern and increasing their speed.

For Covenant weapons, this would change the firing mode, just not drastically. Maybe making the Needler fire in 4 round shotgun bursts instead of full-auto or maybe firing one massive needle, changing a Storm Rifle from slow and powerful shots to full auto spray, or making a Fuel Rod Gun fire a massive green laser at the cost of all 5 rounds (like a Hunter).

And Forerunner weapons would have their uses and firing modes completely change. For a Light Rifle it could make the burst or single fire modes stay permanent without scopes, a Scattershot could go into a kind of slug-fire mode where its range increases and it fires all of its shots in a tight burst, and the Incineration Cannon could lock onto up to 4 targets and fire small homing rounds.

This is all just speculation and strange ideas, but I think it’d be kind of cool if it was true. It’d also probably wreak absolute havoc.

I bet that 343i is so creative that they don’t need to add overused, cliche FPS features to Halo 5.

> I bet that 343i is so creative that they don’t need to add overused, cliche FPS features to Halo 5.

For once I agree with Vektor0

Eh, the furthest id be willing to go with weapon customization would be a changeable scope that doesn’t change game play. Like taking the ODST SMG scope and putting it on the Battle Rifle, or having a circular scope instead of the square one. The second fire modes seem like it would kinda just over complicate things tbh.

I sincerely hope they don’t have custom weapons.

Good Stuff

> Okay, before anyone gets their armor in a bunch - the Halo 5 Multiplayer Teaser had a Battle Rifle without a scope. It could be a different gun but it made me start thinking about scopes and attachments for guns, along with different firing modes.
>
> Pressing up or down on the D-pad could allow you to switch the mode; with the faction of the gun changing what happens.
>
> For human weapons, this would add a scope or attachment.
> Like adding a 2x scope and reducing the reticle size/accuracy to an Assault Rifle or SMG, taking the scope off of a BR or DMR and changing the fire mode, taking the scope off of a sniper rifle and increasing the reticle size and reducing the accuracy (making it better for snapshots and CQC), and maybe even making a Rocket Launcher fire both missiles in a corkscrew pattern and increasing their speed.
>
> For Covenant weapons, this would change the firing mode, just not drastically. Maybe making the Needler fire in 4 round shotgun bursts instead of full-auto or maybe firing one massive needle, changing a Storm Rifle from slow and powerful shots to full auto spray, or making a Fuel Rod Gun fire a massive green laser at the cost of all 5 rounds (like a Hunter).
>
> And Forerunner weapons would have their uses and firing modes completely change. For a Light Rifle it could make the burst or single fire modes stay permanent without scopes, a Scattershot could go into a kind of slug-fire mode where its range increases and it fires all of its shots in a tight burst, and the Incineration Cannon could lock onto up to 4 targets and fire small homing rounds.
>
> This is all just speculation and strange ideas, but I think it’d be kind of cool if it was true. It’d also probably wreak absolute havoc.

Yea kid, like I want Halo to become anymore like CoD, WHICH WE ALL DONT WANT! If I want to play CoD then I will. Make Halo Unique and NOT like every other stupid FPS out there.

I’d say lets leave it at skins.

No it wouldn’t work. For example say you made the AR fire single shots, maybe in a low time kill game like cod or battle field it would work but not a high kill time game like halo it wouldn’t work. Maybe some of the other ones could work

For Yoink’s sake, guys, leave 'im alone…

I doubt that the attachments will actually be in the game, but some of the dual-firing modes you mentioned would be plain epic. Not for all of them, but they’d certainly go a long way into making Forerunner weapons more unique. Love it.

For me the weapon in the trailer doesn’t look like a BR without a scope.

I think it’s the MA5K Carbine (MA5K Carbine | Halo Alpha | Fandom)

> For me the weapon in the trailer doesn’t look like a BR without a scope.
>
> I think it’s the MA5K Carbine (MA5K Carbine | Halo Alpha | Fandom)

The only aesthetic difference between that and the Halo 3 BR is the absence of a scope. :slight_smile:

This was just an observation I made - I’m hoping the new gun they showed was just a new weapon for Humans instead of a customized Battle Rifle.

I mean, a scoped automatic weapon would be nice, but like you guys have said, it would mess up everything, or at the very least make people uncomfortable.

But something to think about - did Rainbow Six, Battlefield, and even the Quake series copy Call of Duty with dual firing modes and attachments, or preset loadouts, or has it always been a kind of idea just floating around in the shooter genre? Not very many ideas in gaming are “unique” but improvements on ideas already put in place.
I’m not saying customized loadouts with customizable weapons. I mean every weapon having a dual use that can change with a button.

It might not be the best thing ever, but imagine if everyone had BR/AR starts and that the AR could get a scope and the BR could go scopeless and fire 2 shots a second automatic at the press of a button. It would certainly change how it plays and maybe take it from “classic” Halo but it’s a little far from adding perks and attachments to guns from a loadout.

In my defense, I’m not going to jump on the “Halo is becoming COD” bandwagon until everything is a one shot kill, every map is claustrophobic and full of trash, you can spawn with a power weapon, and you don’t show up on radar unless you shoot your gun.
THAT is what makes Call of Duty what it is - fast kill times, a barely varied sandbox (Oh look, 10 assault rifles where 8 of them are the same!) and everything based off of twitch reflexes. Last time I checked, playing Halo is more than going, “OH CRAP THERE’S A GUY THERE” and pulling the trigger once or twice.

Some people like that more, but that’s not what I like and it’s obviously not what anyone else on here seems to like. But I’m not about to use it as a knee-jerk response. I’m pretty sure when Call of Duty added a Heartbeat Sensor, which is literally a Halo radar that you attach to your gun, no one on their forums started complaining about Call of Duty becoming like Halo. They just embraced it and made it part of the game. And I don’t remember any one of my friends complaining about the Battle Rifle when it was added in Halo 2, or Brute weapons being expanded in Halo 3 and the addition of equipment.
And for everyone who complains about no competitive Halo and about how much “classic” Halo is dying needs to go into Custom Game options and take 5 minutes out of their day. I’ve played competitive customs with people using H3, H2, and H1 movement speeds and damage settings. Pretty solid. I think the only problem after that would be that 343 needs to add gametypes without Personal Ordnance and weapon spawns on map…Oh wait, they did that already.

> > For me the weapon in the trailer doesn’t look like a BR without a scope.
> >
> > I think it’s the MA5K Carbine (MA5K Carbine | Halo Alpha | Fandom)
>
> The only aesthetic difference between that and the Halo 3 BR is the absence of a scope. :slight_smile:

Yes, but MA5K Carbine isn’t a Battle Rifle without scope.

> The best post I have ever seen.

Well said.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no No,no,no.

Who says it was a BR? It had 72 shots in the mag…

For all we know, the physical scope is made redundant due to awesome Mjolnir/VISR technology.

I would have to agree with the people who think this new gun is the MA5K Carbine. It looks very similar and I know that some fans of the books (including me) have been wanting to see this gun make an appearance.