Scope Flare Needs to go

When you zoom with the sniper/shock rifle/skewer there is a flare as we are all aware of…this just needs to go. This has never been in halo and for good reason. This is not COD of Battlefield with massive maps and people who can sit all map in a corner. This is an areana style shooter where ammo is limited. Sometimes its strong of a flare it almost gets in the way of me aiming at the person.

Just make us learn how to be aware of people and develop a little skill. We will be fine 343 :smiley:

29 Likes

Nah. ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

2 Likes

This was one of the stupidest additions to Infinite… Followed by the NOT “shotgun” and the super weak motion sensor.

9 Likes

What a deep retort, guess you thought everyone needed to know you disagreed… News flash though, we don’t lmao. The glint is ridiculous, unnecessary, and another stain on the title.

2 Likes

Yeah, get rid of it. At the very least tone it down substantially.

6 Likes

There is just not one good reason to have it… People just need to learn to pay attention to other team.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree…

But if nothing else get rid of it on the BR at the very least ffs…

7 Likes

And the Commando. That does not have the power NOR the range to warrant that kind of nerf.

7 Likes

I don’t think I’d mind it if it wasn’t as bright on the sniper rifles. But more around the battle rifles brightness.

2 Likes

Halo CE had it right imo… when you got hit by a sniper you could just see that bullet trail and know where to look after respawn

21 Likes

yeah its obnoxious. makes BR and Sniper duels way more annoying than they need to be.
Descope is enough

3 Likes

Yea I want it completely removed. It really shouldnt televise your position. Longer range all you can see is the light anyway, cant even see the spartan.

3 Likes

For that matters, get rid of everything that annoys you.

Exactly. Other games have glare because they don’t have descope.

Halo has descope so it doesnt need glare.

343 needs to stop just doing things because other games have it.

5 Likes

I agree with you completely. The sandbox speaking of just competitive gameplay has a sword and nothing else to counter that weapon. Please do not respond and tell me it’s the mangler. It’s not that.

Wow, what is this an internet forum? People are allowed to disagree with each other. I think Waypoint would be better with all types of opinions. That being said, I want to actually contribute to the topic here. I’m not against the glint, but I’m also not against it being removed. A lot of things in Halo were like this for me (glad they removed Halo 5’s tons of player abilities though.) Like the gkint makes it easy to spot a target, which can help on a btb map, but idk. Some of the games don’t have it and I was fine with it. Actually, it gives you the advantage without the glint because other players can’t see a giant, glowing light giving your position away.

Personally Sniper Glare was equally as stupid in Halo 5. The point of a Sniper Rifle is NOT to be seen from a distance. I’d argue that the Binary Rifle is the ONLY sniping weapon that should give away your locations due to how OP it is with just body shots.

2 Likes

camper spotted 20 characters

And the Binary Rifle did it with style too. A laser sight showing you where the sniper is looking.

2 Likes

2000% agree. BR glint is the stupidest thing since H4 loadouts.

4 Likes