Scope Data: Carbine > BR; DMR > LightRifle

Hi all! I did some research using Campaign to get a feel for the magnification values for some of the core weapons. I found that, unlike past games, the Carbine actually has a GREATER scope than the BR, but still less than the DMR. It is somwhwere between 2.2 and 2.5x, and is the exact same as the LightRifle.

In doing this experimental original research, all I did was take known valued scope weapons (AR,SMG,BR,DMR) and compare them to other weapons that don’t have definitive in game documentation on their scope values.

Here are my findings for the precision weapons:

Magnum < BR < Carbine = LightRifle < DMR

Values: Bolded values are known or are ‘high confidence’ (tested directly against a known value weapon)

Magnum: ~1.75x
BR: 2x
Carbine = LightRifle: ~2.3-2.5x (precise value unknown, more testing needed)
DMR: 3x

Here is the full list of what I have so far:

Shotgun = Sword = Needler = Suppressor (?): ~1.1x
SMG = STORM RIFLE = Plasma Pistol = Inceration Cannon (?): 1.2x
Assault Rifle: 1.5x
Magnum = BoltShot: ~1.75x
Battle Rifle = Rockets = Fuel Rod: 2x
Carbine = LightRifle: ~2.3-2.5x
DMR: 3x

Thoughts, suggestions, and requests? Thanks!!

Edit 1: Added BoltShot
Edit 2: Fuel Rod changed to 2x

To clarify my simplistic method: I get two guns to compare. I then find a vertical straight line in the environment, such as the profile of a post. With the assumed lower mag weapon equipped,I go into Smart-Link, then I line up this reference point to the very edge of the screen. I then switch and go into smart link with the other weapon. This doesn’t give detailed information, but simply allows a greater, less than or equal to comparison. I then extrapoloate using known values and good old fashioned eyesight to give estimated values of the maginifcation for other weapons.

Also, if you see a question mark next to a specific weapon, it means I am uncertain just for that specific weapon, not the whole list, and not the magnification.

Monitors, excuse this bump. I feel this is a really important thread to clear up misconceptions about the precision weapons.

We see you man, we just don’t know what to say. Thanks? I’ll just stick to the BR

> 2535468642514912;5:
> We see you man, we just don’t know what to say. Thanks? I’ll just stick to the BR

Fair enough, but we need to keep this alive so that it helps out all Haloers! Thanks for the response. I’m not a huge fan of the BR in this game for some reason. Doesn’t have enough character. Still a great overall weapon though.

Hmm, the is interesting. I always thought the Carbine was more zoomed than the DMR.

> 2533275016942754;7:
> Hmm, the is interesting. I always thought the Carbine was more zoomed than the DMR.

My main thing was testing the LightRifle, since alot of people had the assumption that it still had a 3x scope like in Halo 4, although I knew (or ‘felt’) that it had to be lower. I was correct, but I was surprised to see that the carbine also had this same magnification!

I’ve updated the original post: Fuel Rod definitely has higher magnafication than magnum, Right now I am thinkin 2x

I don’t know what to do with this info…

I’ve never found myself wondering whether the DMR was 3X or 3.4X…

TTK’s/rate of fire/#Sk are what’s relevant.

> 2533274809541057;10:
> I don’t know what to do with this info…
>
> I’ve never found myself wondering whether the DMR was 3X or 3.4X…
>
> TTK’s/rate of fire/#Sk are what’s relevant.

so would you say the magnum and dmr are the exact same? In terms of those stats they are. But in terms of ‘handling’ (RRR Range, stickiness, bullet magnetism) and scope they are different.

> 2533274902478287;11:
> > 2533274809541057;10:
> > I don’t know what to do with this info…
> >
> > I’ve never found myself wondering whether the DMR was 3X or 3.4X…
> >
> > TTK’s/rate of fire/#Sk are what’s relevant.
>
>
> so would you say the magnum and dmr are the exact same? In terms of those stats they are. But in terms of ‘handling’ (RRR Range, stickiness, bullet magnetism) and scope they are different.

The main point of this is to show weapons’ overall range, based on smart scope zoom as the main factor. There are other factors of course, but I just thouhgt it was interesting that Carbine > BR and Carbine = LightRifle, contrary to what alot of people seem to think. :slight_smile:

> 2533274902478287;11:
> > 2533274809541057;10:
> > I don’t know what to do with this info…
> >
> > I’ve never found myself wondering whether the DMR was 3X or 3.4X…
> >
> > TTK’s/rate of fire/#Sk are what’s relevant.
>
>
> so would you say the magnum and dmr are the exact same? In terms of those stats they are. But in terms of ‘handling’ (RRR Range, stickiness, bullet magnetism) and scope they are different.

First off. I did not say that. I implied that this info on scope zoom has little real application to competitive play. That’s what this thread is about. I didn’t feel the need to go more indepth to get my point across.

Good job on the research, I’m just not sure of how it really benefits anyone beyond what is already known about those weapons.

> 2533274809541057;14:
> Good job on the research, I’m just not sure of how it really benefits anyone beyond what is already known about those weapons.

Why you gotta break my heart, Rudy?

> 2533274902478287;15:
> > 2533274809541057;14:
> > Good job on the research, I’m just not sure of how it really benefits anyone beyond what is already known about those weapons.
>
>
> Why you gotta break my heart, Rudy?

Just tryin’ make a livin’ the honest way, Boss. Ain’t no need for lying when this world is already so dark and full of hate.

Carbine beats BR. Knew there was a reason I prefer it more even with the higher kill time.

Yeah! Its description is right: known for its accuracy and range. Alot more of a beast in this game for sure, but I still thought it had a 2x scope before testing!

Covie weapons ftw!

Nice project

> 2533274858083755;19:
> Nice project

Thanks! I still need to get a full list going. If this thread stays active and people do want more data, I’ll be happy to delve deeper!