Scenario: Mlg accepts the new random weapon spawns in tourneys & such?

Will MLG accept the idea of random weapon spawns in their tournaments and Matchmaking list? (assuming if that is continued) Or will it always be static spawns for MLG gametypes?

I’m personally open to the idea of a dynamic battleground where super weapon rushing is no longer a start-game ritual. But I can play in the classic playlist if the “random” isn’t being very nice that day either.

Your thoughts?

They probably will out of the gate, since they showed with Reach that they do want to keep their iteration of the game as close to default as possible, at least to start out.

<-< Why not go to the MLG forums and ask it there where it will more likely have a positive reaction and stabilized discussion then it will likely here?

Will it take 8 weeks to unlock the BR?

No.

Each map/mode will load with a default, appropriate loadout. An example:

BIG MAP WITH LONG SIGHTLINES (imagine Blood Gulch)

DMR
Magnum
Frag Nades
Map appropriate Armor Ability

Now it may take you a while to end up with precisely the combo you want, but the maps and modes are all carefully paired with VERY useful default loadouts so you don’t end up on a giant map with nothing but an AR and a sadface.

> <-< Why not go to the MLG forums and ask it there where it will more likely have a positive reaction and stabilized discussion then it will likely here?

sometimes its fun to try and drink from the fire-hose. that’s all.

> Will it take 8 weeks to unlock the BR?
>
> No.
>
> Each map/mode will load with a default, appropriate loadout. An example:
>
> BIG MAP WITH LONG SIGHTLINES (imagine Blood Gulch)
>
>
> DMR
> Magnum
> Frag Nades
> Map appropriate Armor Ability
>
> Now it may take you a while to end up with precisely the combo you want, but the maps and modes are all carefully paired with VERY useful default loadouts so you don’t end up on a giant map with nothing but an AR and a sadface.

Ok then! Thanks Frankie lol

> where super weapon rushing is no longer a start-game ritual.

Pretty sure it was confirmed that the initial power weapons on the map have a static spawn, and only the respawns are random and raise alerts. They said they want the opening game to have some sort of strategy to it.

Hearing that there are useful default loadouts is a relief.

> > where super weapon rushing is no longer a start-game ritual.
>
> Pretty sure it was confirmed that the initial power weapons on the map have a static spawn, and only the respawns are random and raise alerts. They said they want the opening game to have some sort of strategy to it.

ic. that’s what i get for skimming… Thanks for clarity!

They. Are. Not. Random. Stop. Using. That. Term. Listen. To. Sparkcast.

In all seriousness it would be interesting if they started using the variable power weapon spawns. I’m more curious if they will use the custom loadouts to any degree assuming the weapons are balanced properly.

It would be interesting to see if teams would be using all the same weapon or try to split it up based on role or if it came down to just a preferred weapon. The DMR vs BR vs Whatever arguments would be interesting to say the least.

>
> No.
>
>
>
>
> DMR
> Magnum
> Frag Nades
>
> Now it may take you a while to end up with precisely the combo you want, but the maps and modes are all carefully paired with VERY useful default loadouts so you don’t end up on a giant map with nothing but an AR and a sadface.

This single post gave me about as much useful information as the entire Sparkcast.

All fears are relieved.

>
> No.
>
>
>
>
> DMR
> Magnum
> Frag Nades
>

So what you’re saying is that Spartans will be more specifically equipped for their “jobs” than in previous games and it is the unlocks/loadouts that will allow players to choose their own style instead of the intended?

> They. Are. Not. Random. Stop. Using. That. Term. Listen. To. Sparkcast.
>
> In all seriousness it would be interesting if they started using the variable power weapon spawns. I’m more curious if they will use the custom loadouts to any degree assuming the weapons are balanced properly.
>
> It would be interesting to see if teams would be using all the same weapon or try to split it up based on role or if it came down to just a preferred weapon. The DMR vs BR vs Whatever arguments would be interesting to say the least.

My apologies for lack of a better term.

and I agree. That would be interesting. I’ve played in MLG tourneys and I would like to see more variability such as that.

>
> No.
>
> <mark>Each map/mode will load with a default, appropriate loadout. An example:</mark>
>
>
>
> DMR
> Magnum
> Frag Nades
>

This sounds great Frankie.

It reminds me on when you played in Hang em’ High in Halo CE and you would start with an appropriate weapon for that map, in this case the magnum.

Great choice :slight_smile:

But man, you said loadout as a singular and not plural = <3

> > Will it take 8 weeks to unlock the BR?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > <mark>Each map/mode will load with a default, appropriate loadout. An example:</mark>
> >
> > BIG MAP WITH LONG SIGHTLINES (imagine Blood Gulch)
> >
> >
> > DMR
> > Magnum
> > Frag Nades
> > Map appropriate Armor Ability
> >
> > Now it may take you a while to end up with precisely the combo you want, but the maps and modes are all carefully paired with VERY useful default loadouts so you don’t end up on a giant map with nothing but an AR and a sadface.
>
> This sounds great Frankie.
>
> It reminds me on when you played in Hang em’ High in Halo CE and you would start with an appropriate weapon for that map, in this case the magnum.
>
> Great choice :slight_smile:
>
> But man, you said loadout as a singular and not plural = <3

I assume you’re going to have a default loadout and 4 custom loadouts most likely.

> It reminds me on when you played in Hang em’ High in Halo CE and you would start with an appropriate weapon for that map, in this case the magnum.
>
> Great choice :slight_smile:
>
> But man, you said loadout as a singular and not plural = <3

Don’t forget:
Midship and PRs
Wizard and PPs
Tombstone and BRs.

> > It reminds me on when you played in Hang em’ High in Halo CE and you would start with an appropriate weapon for that map, in this case the magnum.
> >
> > Great choice :slight_smile:
> >
> > But man, you said loadout as a singular and not plural = <3
>
> Don’t forget:
> Midship and PRs
> Wizard and PPs
> Tombstone and BRs.

Midship PR start was GREAT! definitely an all time fav!