Scattershot O_o

So in the new gameplay videos from Canada and Japan, we can see an updated version of the scattershot. It appears in these videos that the scattershot no longer disintegrates its victims.

I don’t understand why they would change it since that feature had no effect on gameplay, looks cool (to me at least), and made sense canonically as Promethean weaponry was designed to combat the flood.

What are your thoughts?

-NUT

PS: Tasty sauce…http://halocouncil.com/content.php?r=708-2-New-Halo-4-Gameplays-Fan-Expo-Xbox-Summer-Event

Good catch. Maybe the feature wasn’t in that particular built for some reason? I hope it’s in the final game.

sadface

Yeah I hope so. It’s obviously not a big deal to me. I just thought it was something neat and different.

He did disintegrated enemies when they were really close, this leads me to think that all the rounds in the one shot of a scattershot disintegrates the enemy

For evidence watch him play at 2:28 and when they enemy came close he 1-shot the guy and he disintegrated

I hope it is still a feature too. I have noticed in previous videos that they do not always disintegrate. Whether it is a glitch or intentional I don’t know.

> He disintegrated enemies when they were really close, this leads me to think that all the rounds in the one shot of a scattershot disintegrates the enemy

This.

> He disintegrated enemies when they were really close, this leads me to think that all the rounds in the one shot of a scattershot disintegrates the enemy

I think this is what they’ve already confirmed. A glancing blow from the scattershot will kill, but only if you hit the target with every beam will they disintegrate.

It looks like it’s been toned down a bit, which would explain why disintegration’s come more rarely.

So now you can only disintegrate enemies when youre too close to see the full effect properly anyway.

Great.

This is the same build as the one at E3…

I remember someone from.the expo saying it was a bug or just because it was an old build alone…

What really? Hope its in the final cut. Really liked that

Hopefully it was just a bug.

Honestly I really hope it is in. Aside from the coolness of it, less objects on the map means better framerate. Just makes sense to keep it in.

> This is the same build as the one at E3…

no its not

Is it possible disintegration comes under a certain nature of violence that is R rated in Japan, so they cut it out for the Japan build?

Il just leave this here: Link

They did say in one video recently that they were going to weaken it a tad.

All the shots must hit a person for them to disintegrate and to do that you need to be very close to kill them in one hit, its has been like that at E3 too 343i did say the power of each shot is to be nerfed a little.