Scattershot inconsistency

Why is it that when I shot an enemy player at point blank, he survived, but when he did the same back, I died instantly?

I don’t understand the scattershot in this game. How do other people kill instantly with it, whereas I cannot?

Clips or it didn’t happen

Lagg can really mess up projectile shots and people may not be where you last saw them but the projectile is still going to that spot.

Ive had instances where I have no issue landing far away hits but then can’t get an up close to hit.

> 2533274885952391;1:
> Why is it that when I shot an enemy player at point blank, he survived, but when he did the same back, I died instantly?
>
> I don’t understand the scattershot in this game. How do other people kill instantly with it, whereas I cannot?

Were you playing fiesta? There’s a chance you’re using different classifications of scattershot…

It’s either 100% on point or you just look like an idiot trying to get a kill lol

> 2533274885952391;1:
> Why is it that when I shot an enemy player at point blank, he survived, but when he did the same back, I died instantly?
>
> I don’t understand the scattershot in this game. How do other people kill instantly with it, whereas I cannot?

It’s not lag. It’s because the enemy’s gun can block the bullet and prevent them from dying in one hit. Something only the Scattershot falls for.

Proof

It’s my favorite power weapon in Arena, I actually find it more consistent than the Shotgun. Try smart-scoping and shooting near the feet of your opponent, that way the projectiles won’t hit their weapon and you should get a clean kill with one or two shots.

> 2533274833081329;6:
> > 2533274885952391;1:
> > Why is it that when I shot an enemy player at point blank, he survived, but when he did the same back, I died instantly?
> >
> > I don’t understand the scattershot in this game. How do other people kill instantly with it, whereas I cannot?
>
>
> It’s not lag. It’s because the enemy’s gun can block the bullet and prevent them from dying in one hit. Something only the Scattershot falls for.
>
> Proof

This makes no sense at all.

Now I know to aim for the feet. I almost always aim for the torso when using shotguns.

I hate the scattershot…
This happens too often. Its like a crappier shotgun

> 2533274833081329;6:
> > 2533274885952391;1:
> > Why is it that when I shot an enemy player at point blank, he survived, but when he did the same back, I died instantly?
> >
> > I don’t understand the scattershot in this game. How do other people kill instantly with it, whereas I cannot?
>
>
> It’s not lag. It’s because the enemy’s gun can block the bullet and prevent them from dying in one hit. Something only the Scattershot falls for.
>
> Proof

I must have shot so many guns at this point.

Scattershots perks come from its ability to bounce, you can bounce your shots off the floor or a nearby wall. Aiming at the lower body is the way to go.

> 2533274833081329;6:
> > 2533274885952391;1:
> >
>
>
>
> Proof

Wow! Well this certainly explains a lot.

> 2533274798980159;9:
> I hate the scattershot…
> This happens too often. Its like a crappier shotgun

The thing is so inconsistent it’s like an accident waiting to happen. That’s why it should have been named the Scattershart.

> 2533274885952391;1:

I feel ya. When i’m wielding the scattershot i couldn’t kill -Yoink- if my life depended on it. Don’t you dare to let the enemy grab it though, bcs if you do, prepare for gettin killed by 1 shot nonstop from the weirdest angles. Hell, they’re even gonna snipe you with that thing.

I’ve often found scoped in shots do less damage and in some case will even bounce of Spartans

You could say it has scattershot effectiveness!

I’ve waited too long to make this pun.

> 2533274833081329;6:
> > 2533274885952391;1:
> >
>
>
>
> Proof

Well this explains A LOT! I’ve always had such inconsistent results with the scattershot. Sometimes it’ll kill people no problem, other times point blank they would live. Now I know. Thanks for that!

> 2533274950766071;14:
> > 2533274885952391;1:
>
>
> I feel ya. When i’m wielding the scattershot i couldn’t kill -Yoink- if my life depended on it. Don’t you dare to let the enemy grab it though, bcs if you do, prepare for gettin killed by 1 shot nonstop from the weirdest angles. Hell, they’re even gonna snipe you with that thing.

Ive been one shot from across the map with that POS so many times I’ve gone through 3 controls from the rage