Scarabs beam turning off when changing target.

I feel like this is really dumb.
Most of the time if a scarab has just killed a unit it’ll stop attacking and go for its painful forward hump beam. (lol)
I feel like if the scarab is firing it’s beam it should always just continue firing while it switches targets. Sometimes it does, but a good 75% of the time it’ll stop attacking and then wait 2 seconds before firing again, even at a target right next to the one just killed. Hope this is just a bug, makes the scarab lose out on its full potential.

i agree the beam should stay active as long as the next targeted unit remains within a specific radius, maybe 30 degree radius in front of it.

The locusts does it, in my experience anyways, so it doesn’t make any sense why the scarab doesn’t do it. I have had this happen too, which is another reason why I skip scarabs in PvP.

> 2533274813085365;1:
> I feel like this is really dumb.
> Most of the time if a scarab has just killed a unit it’ll stop attacking and go for its painful forward hump beam. (lol)
> I feel like if the scarab is firing it’s beam it should always just continue firing while it switches targets. Sometimes it does, but a good 75% of the time it’ll stop attacking and then wait 2 seconds before firing again, even at a target right next to the one just killed. Hope this is just a bug, makes the scarab lose out on its full potential.

ONLY 2 SECONDS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

for me I have to retreat because it spazzes out for 10 seconds before settling on a new target because their ground forces stop me from moving.

So then I have to do unbreakable to get away, bubble shield, engineer shield, bulwark… etc etc just to -Yoinking!- survive since the target change just makes me a gigantic walking tank with no cannon.

Yup this happens alot. They need to make it like the first scarab and just engage, instead it -Yoinks!- back… Squats… Then fires wasting 2sec which seems like a little until they start moving around. Then the scarab might repeat. Scarab rate of fire needs to be constant. It only continuously fires at targets on a 45 degree then repeats it’s little animation.