Scarab Skull Freezes Game on Gravemind

I don’t know if this has been reported before, but I have been doing a Legendary run with the Scarab Skull on. Got to the opening part of the Halo 2 campaign mission Gravemind and defeated the Brute Honour Guards and the three Grunts. After Tartarus says, “The Demon has infiltrated the Council Chamber! Protect the Hierarch’s! Seal the exits!” (And after Cortana replies with, “Oh, I don’t think so.”) another wave of enemies will appear from either side of the chamber. Fire your weapon at them and the game freezes. No music, nothing. The only solution is to go to the Xbox Home and re-start the game.

> 2533274809226598;1:
> I don’t know if this has been reported before, but I have been doing a Legendary run with the Scarab Skull on. Got to the opening part of the Halo 2 campaign mission Gravemind and defeated the Brute Honour Guards and the three Grunts. After Tartarus says, “The Demon has infiltrated the Council Chamber! Protect the Hierarch’s! Seal the exits!” (And after Cortana replies with, “Oh, I don’t think so.”) another wave of enemies will appear from either side of the chamber. Fire your weapon at them and the game freezes. No music, nothing. The only solution is to go to the Xbox Home and re-start the game.

Happens all the time to me, it all depends on which guns you use. It’s been my experience that only certain guns or combination of guns will cause the freeze like needler & plasma rifle, which fire faster & the game graphics will overload & crash.

> 2535454402231859;2:
> > 2533274809226598;1:
> > I don’t know if this has been reported before, but I have been doing a Legendary run with the Scarab Skull on. Got to the opening part of the Halo 2 campaign mission Gravemind and defeated the Brute Honour Guards and the three Grunts. After Tartarus says, “The Demon has infiltrated the Council Chamber! Protect the Hierarch’s! Seal the exits!” (And after Cortana replies with, “Oh, I don’t think so.”) another wave of enemies will appear from either side of the chamber. Fire your weapon at them and the game freezes. No music, nothing. The only solution is to go to the Xbox Home and re-start the game.
>
> Happens all the time to me, it all depends on which guns you use. It’s been my experience that only certain guns or combination of guns will cause the freeze like needler & plasma rifle, which fire faster & the game graphics will overload & crash.

I was using the plasma rifle on Quarantine Zone with no issues at all. I suppose it could be because the Brute version has a higher rate of fire maybe, but it seems odd that the game crashes when using that weapon and not any other rapid firing weapon such as the SMG.

> 2533274809226598;3:
> > 2535454402231859;2:
> > > 2533274809226598;1:
> > > I don’t know if this has been reported before, but I have been doing a Legendary run with the Scarab Skull on. Got to the opening part of the Halo 2 campaign mission Gravemind and defeated the Brute Honour Guards and the three Grunts. After Tartarus says, “The Demon has infiltrated the Council Chamber! Protect the Hierarch’s! Seal the exits!” (And after Cortana replies with, “Oh, I don’t think so.”) another wave of enemies will appear from either side of the chamber. Fire your weapon at them and the game freezes. No music, nothing. The only solution is to go to the Xbox Home and re-start the game.
> >
> > Happens all the time to me, it all depends on which guns you use. It’s been my experience that only certain guns or combination of guns will cause the freeze like needler & plasma rifle, which fire faster & the game graphics will overload & crash.
>
> I was using the plasma rifle on Quarantine Zone with no issues at all. I suppose it could be because the Brute version has a higher rate of fire maybe, but it seems odd that the game crashes when using that weapon and not any other rapid firing weapon such as the SMG.

Lol it’s a 343 game all the glitches are weird :joy: I saw a video of the Reach glitch testing for MCC & they have weird glitches disappearing dead guys, team killing AI…etc.

> 2535454402231859;4:
> > 2533274809226598;3:
> > > 2535454402231859;2:
> > > > 2533274809226598;1:
> > > > I don’t know if this has been reported before, but I have been doing a Legendary run with the Scarab Skull on. Got to the opening part of the Halo 2 campaign mission Gravemind and defeated the Brute Honour Guards and the three Grunts. After Tartarus says, “The Demon has infiltrated the Council Chamber! Protect the Hierarch’s! Seal the exits!” (And after Cortana replies with, “Oh, I don’t think so.”) another wave of enemies will appear from either side of the chamber. Fire your weapon at them and the game freezes. No music, nothing. The only solution is to go to the Xbox Home and re-start the game.
> > >
> > > Happens all the time to me, it all depends on which guns you use. It’s been my experience that only certain guns or combination of guns will cause the freeze like needler & plasma rifle, which fire faster & the game graphics will overload & crash.
> >
> > I was using the plasma rifle on Quarantine Zone with no issues at all. I suppose it could be because the Brute version has a higher rate of fire maybe, but it seems odd that the game crashes when using that weapon and not any other rapid firing weapon such as the SMG.
>
> Lol it’s a 343 game all the glitches are weird :joy: I saw a video of the Reach glitch testing for MCC & they have weird glitches disappearing dead guys, team killing AI…etc.

You know, I would actually find team killing AI quite funny :grin: I wouldn’t be mad at all.

Any time I use the plasma rifle with the scarab skull the game crashes. Also using the scarab skull seems to stop any weapon sounds when firing.

Looked up this thread a year after OP started it… still a bug on PC MCC.

JLBGreenBay13 please don’t revive old topics, as that’s against the Forum Rules.

> Do not spam. Spam includes but is not limited to commercial posts, single word responses, petitions, non-English posts, cross-posting, posts containing all-caps, necroposts and bumps (replies purposely made to move the thread to the top of the active thread list).