Scarab-lite AKA the locust

Ever since the announcement of halo 4 I have been hoping that the Locust would finally make an appearance in multiplayer. It would be awesome, I know a lot of people in the Halo community want the Scarab, This would be the closest that we could get(Because Scarabs are, sadly, undriveable by any means). It could even have the overdrive ability. It could preform a sort of long range, Highly accurate Artillery piece to counter the Scorpion more effectively than the Wraith. In terms of armor though, it wouldnt be as weak as the HW version. It would be able to take more damage, but not quite as much as a scorpion though.

This Is the Best Idea Ever… of all time

I just came

I think the Locust’s main cannon (the focus rifle-like one) should perform pretty much exactly as the focus rifle does against infantry, but have a huge damage boost against vehicles. The body of the locust would be weak, but the shield surrounding it (which would drop when the vehicle fires) would be able to take a ton of damage. It would be great for objective games, where it could walk towards an objective with the driver’s teammates trailing behind, taking cover behind the Locust’s shield.

Truly the best idea evar.

It would be a real pain in the lower part behind you to drive it. The Scarabs in Campaign are mostly scripted (except for the shooting part I think) and when they’re not, they mostly just keep turning around and stuff… very slowly.
The problem isn’t the size. The problem is the legs. It would probably look broken. (Vehicle turning but legs not moving accordingly).

Sure, similar things were in other games but… Darkwalker in UT3 didn’t have legs with joints, they were like tentacles that could extend ABOVE the vehicle itself. And Striders in HL2 moved around in a completely different manner and also were mostly scripted. Now it might be relatively easily doable on flat surface, but animating it on hills? That would be like the hardest-to-make drivable vehicle ever.

Not against the idea, just saying.

Sure, it would be a nice addition but I doubt we’ll see it in Halo 4, it’s till the same old 360 it was back in 2005 with the same old hardware, only older ^^
Maybe, just maybe, they could script a passage where we get to gun a Scarab or Locust during Spartan Ops, with just 4 players and a limited sequence I think it should be possible :slight_smile:
Then again, who knows what 343i are planning? ^^

> Sure, it would be a nice addition but I doubt we’ll see it in Halo 4, it’s till the same old 360 it was back in 2005 with the same old hardware, only older ^^

I don’t see what the Old Hardware of the 360 has to do with the locust returning. Its just a down sized Scarab, I don’t think the 360 would have a problem.

I love locust, but wouldn’t it be overpowered? In Wars the locust always struck me as a very powerful vehicle.

> I love locust, but wouldn’t it be overpowered? In Wars the locust always struck me as a very powerful vehicle.

There would only be like one or two on the map at a time. You have to remember that they do have very weak armor. Their shields only take so much punishment. So they would have high damage output, but they wouldn’t be able to take nearly as much punishment as say the Scorpion or the Wraith.

The Covenant isn’t playing the part of the main villain in Halo 4, so I doubt that 343 will be expanding their arsenal to the point where they’d be using Locusts and such. Before the screenshots of Elites and Grunts, I was worried that we’d even see the Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Needler, and Sword!

> Ever since the announcement of halo 4 I have been hoping that the Locust would finally make an appearance in multiplayer. It would be awesome, I know a lot of people in the Halo community want the Scarab, This would be the closest that we could get(Because Scarabs are, sadly, undriveable by any means). It could even have the overdrive ability. It could preform a sort of long range accurate Artillery piece to counter the Scorpion more effectively than the Wraith.
>
> This Is the Best Idea Ever… of all time

Even if it was more powerful than the Tank (in general), I think it would be an amazing addition to multiplayer. It could act as a mobile base or objective location, like the Elephant from Sandtrap on H3, but it would probably be made indestructible too (which doesn’t make much canonical sense). Or maybe a gametype where you have to accomplish certain tasks to destory the enemy Scarab/Locust. I think Halo 4 is too far in development to do my idea, but I can only dream. Your idea is possible because I remember Frankie saying something about massive vehicles that would dwarf the Cyborg Mech thing on that on map (sorry I forgot, it was part of the map).

> The Covenant isn’t playing the part of the main villain in Halo 4, so I doubt that 343 will be expanding their arsenal to the point where they’d be using Locusts and such. Before the screenshots of Elites and Grunts, I was worried that we’d even see the Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Needler, and Sword!

they could replace the wraith with the locust because they are more than likely easier to come by than the wraiths. I doubt this but it would explain the locusts inclusion.

> I love locust, but wouldn’t it be overpowered? In Wars the locust always struck me as a very powerful vehicle.

Locust is good against buildings but against scorpion tanks and infantry? it sucks, its too damm weak

like the cobra, its weakness is it’s weak armor, and slow movment speed

Locusts? I think that would be a little dull, to be honest.

> > I love locust, but wouldn’t it be overpowered? In Wars the locust always struck me as a very powerful vehicle.
>
> Locust is good against buildings but against scorpion tanks and infantry? it sucks, its too damm weak

the locust is one of he most powerful vehicles in the game. alone, yes they suck, but in, a group, they are damn near impossible to beat.

Well, the Cyclops is in the game (though you may not be able to Pilot it) so there’s a good change 343 will add more Halo Wars vehicles. I pooped my pants when they first showed the Cyclops, so I’d love to see the Locust too.

> Well, the Cyclops is in the game (though you may not be able to Pilot it) so there’s a good change 343 will add more Halo Wars vehicles. I pooped my pants when they first showed the Cyclops, so I’d love to see the Locust too.

a toned down version of the cyclops mk2 is supposed to be useable according to 343i.

Am I the only one that first thought the OP was talking about the Locust from Gears? But anyway, they’ve shown a cyclops, so maybe it could make an appearance.

This is something I would love to see! When I first saw the Locust in Halo Wars, I told myself that it was a vehicle I wanted to drive!