Scarab Gun

Which method did you find more enjoyable or efficient to use? I used the box method, saved me a lot of time. How about you?

I got too annoyed with the Banshee method so I gave up. I have yet to use that gun…

The Box method worked like a charm if you time the checkpoint it gives you plenty of times to reset and try again.

I tried the superjump method and got like halfway before giving up. :frowning:

I used the Banshee. I saw a video on Youtube on how to do it, so it didn’t take too long. Too bad it’s only available in the one level.

> Too bad it’s only available in the one level.

There’s one on Outskirts, as well.

I got it with the Banshee on the second try.

I used the banshee.

I’m pretty sure there are 2 on outskirts, and 2 on metropolis. On metropolis, obviously the one way up there, and 2, inside the scarab beam as it shoots the tank.

Outskirts, one is on a random scarab really far away, and the other I forget…

I always use the Banshee technique, despite it being a huge pain in the butt. But at least it got me an achievement in Halo 2 PC? =\

The box is easier, but the drawback is that there’s no way to get back down and use the gun properly after that. So in the long run its better to use the Banshee I think.

I still prefer the box anyway. The Banshee is so hard!! xP

Box method? Can someone put up a vid? I still need to knock this achievement off in H2 vista :3

I used the banshee method to get the one on the bridge in Metropolis, after seeing it done on some G4TV show back in the day. Cheats or something. Was pleased with the fruits of my labor.

I used the banshee because after you get the gun you can explore the city with your banshee and check some places out. Maybe try to find some easter eggs.

Banshee method. May have took several hours at times but it was entirely worth it. Back in the day without Live, playing through Campaigns on Legendary was just about as good as gaming got. (besides Super Mario World & Resident Evil 4)

> The box is easier, but the drawback is that there’s no way to get back down and use the gun properly after that. So in the long run its better to use the Banshee I think.
>
> I still prefer the box anyway. The Banshee is so hard!! xP

Well there is still a way to get down and that’s by corner-riding. Basically, jump off any building and ride down the corner of it. The fall timer seizes to exist when you use this technique. Pretty helpful.

> > The box is easier, but the drawback is that there’s no way to get back down and use the gun properly after that. So in the long run its better to use the Banshee I think.
> >
> > I still prefer the box anyway. The Banshee is so hard!! xP
>
> Well there is still a way to get down and that’s by corner-riding. Basically, jump off any building and ride down the corner of it. The fall timer seizes to exist when you use this technique. Pretty helpful.

I’ve just been enlightened!!

I’ll look out for these corners you speak of next time I try the level. Thanks. xD

Wait is this done on a computer? and what is the banshee method and the box method. i’m too dumb to know you can hijack a scarab in halo 2.

> I used the banshee method to get the one on the bridge in Metropolis, after seeing it done on some G4TV show back in the day. Cheats or something. Was pleased with the fruits of my labor.

Cheat! I loved that show (and host). That’s where I first heard about it too, years ago in 6th grade.

Took me a lot of tries, but when I did get it, man it was the best thing ever. I didn’t want to finish the level…