Scarab Beam is Broken

As the title suggests, I’ve noticed that every time the scarab has focused on a unit, it will have to completely recharge its cannon once it’s destroyed. I just now noticed it in terminus firefight so I’m not sure if it’s in skirmish as well. This can be very problematic in TFF because on a wave with dozens of cannon fodder, they are nearly useless. I really hope this gets changed back to when it would move its beam onto each targeted unit rather than recharging every time.

> 2535428828618420;1:
> As the title suggests, I’ve noticed that every time the scarab has focused on a unit, it will have to completely recharge its cannon once it’s destroyed. I just now noticed it in terminus firefight so I’m not sure if it’s in skirmish as well. This can be very problematic in TFF because on a wave with dozens of cannon fodder, they are nearly useless. I really hope this gets changed back to when it would move its beam onto each targeted unit rather than recharging every time.

you know you can kill units by walking over them right …

> 2535455557882273;2:
> > 2535428828618420;1:
> > As the title suggests, I’ve noticed that every time the scarab has focused on a unit, it will have to completely recharge its cannon once it’s destroyed. I just now noticed it in terminus firefight so I’m not sure if it’s in skirmish as well. This can be very problematic in TFF because on a wave with dozens of cannon fodder, they are nearly useless. I really hope this gets changed back to when it would move its beam onto each targeted unit rather than recharging every time.
>
> you know you can kill units by walking over them right …

I am aware of this but it makes them useless against air and masses of vehicles. Especially since they would have to throw themselves into the enemies to do damage. I simply want it to return to how it was before.

> 2535428828618420;1:
> As the title suggests, I’ve noticed that every time the scarab has focused on a unit, it will have to completely recharge its cannon once it’s destroyed. I just now noticed it in terminus firefight so I’m not sure if it’s in skirmish as well. This can be very problematic in TFF because on a wave with dozens of cannon fodder, they are nearly useless. I really hope this gets changed back to when it would move its beam onto each targeted unit rather than recharging every time.

lol, I was about to go apeyoink (or should I say Brute??) on you cause I thought this was about the the Scarab beam being broken in an OP fashion.
BuT I wAs WrOnG
The Scarab beam is indeed terrible and broken due to how it does the dumb recharge animation every time it kills a unit, even if the unit killed is in a massive ball which the Scarab should just aim for the next unit. It is extremely frustrating too when you try to attack a unit in a Maelstorm, as the Scarab legitimately cannot attack the enemy. I am not even exaggerating this, but when use Maelstorm the Scarab will charge up its beam to attack the units but just before it attack the units in Voridus’ ability move to the edge of the Maelstorm and get sucked back to the middle. When the units get sucked back to the middle the Scarab for some godforsaken reason needs to charge its beam again and from here the cyle repeats until the ability ends and the Scarab has just been ‘chargin mah laser’ the whole time.
There’s a lot wrong with the Scarab and I was its issues would be addressed at some point in time.

> 2535455557882273;2:
> > 2535428828618420;1:
> > As the title suggests, I’ve noticed that every time the scarab has focused on a unit, it will have to completely recharge its cannon once it’s destroyed. I just now noticed it in terminus firefight so I’m not sure if it’s in skirmish as well. This can be very problematic in TFF because on a wave with dozens of cannon fodder, they are nearly useless. I really hope this gets changed back to when it would move its beam onto each targeted unit rather than recharging every time.
>

not when they are at a distance

One thing I’m sure is that the Scarab will “walk” the beam to a new target if you actively re-target and the two targets are not far apart.

off-topic: When yapyap DSM is active, it seems Scarabs will do no damage when walking over enemy units.

> 2533274807340992;6:
> One thing I’m sure is that the Scarab will “walk” the beam to a new target if you actively re-target and the two targets are not far apart.
>
> off-topic: When yapyap DSM is active, it seems Scarabs will do no damage when walking over enemy units.

yeah, that’s the thing, when you manually re-target the Scarabs beam onto another unit and it actually doesn’t make the Scarab do the chargin animation it proves to be rather effective.

I hope that is fixed I noticed this also.

> 2533274926215206;7:
> > 2533274807340992;6:
> > One thing I’m sure is that the Scarab will “walk” the beam to a new target if you actively re-target and the two targets are not far apart.
> >
> > off-topic: When yapyap DSM is active, it seems Scarabs will do no damage when walking over enemy units.
>
> yeah, that’s the thing, when you manually re-target the Scarabs beam onto another unit and it actually doesn’t make the Scarab do the chargin animation it proves to be rather effective.

Keep in mind this is from a TFF perspective. The only problem is that I always get the scarab to veterancy 3 so he kills nearly anything in under 5 seconds. This makes it very hard to micro manage his laser while also managing the terminus.

I haven’t seen the scarab drag it’s beam to hit multiple targets much

> 2535455557882273;2:
> > 2535428828618420;1:
>

Why bring feet to a gun fight?