Scarab Assault

I don’t know if I’m the only one who has ever thought of something like this, I doubt it. But I always loved taking down the giant -Yoink- scarabs in Halo, and always thought of how awesome it’d be if it could somehow be put into multiplayer.
Maybe each team has a scarab which acts as a mobile spawnpoint/headquarters and the objective would revolve around capturing and holding control points until you reach a certain amount of points, and then the enemy teams scarab goes critical, your team then has to board it, execute the last of the enemy team and then destory their scarab which I could also see having AI aboard defending it.
Idk I think its a cool idea, however if any of you have played Walker Assault on Star Wars Battlefront you’ll know how aggravating something that powerful can be.
Anyways; what are your guys thoughts?

Mobile Dominion sounds awesome

It was actually planned to add an scarab assault mode in Halo3,but it was scrapped.

Assaulting Scarabs was my favorite part of the H2 and H3 campaigns. I would love it if they made that happen.

Is sounds like an awesome idea, but question
If they add this in 6 should the scarabs be automated as in should they walk on their own like the at-ats in battlefront? If so I can kinda dig the idea of 2 scarabs circling each other and occasionally firing on one another
But
If they did this game mode, they’d have to bring back playable Sangheili as well IMO
Also going along with this, they should bring back the Elephant APC from H3 sand trap for a UNSC version of this
Also
Should the scarabs keep or be able to use their main gun? If so should players be able to fire it like the main guns of an AT-AT?

Perhaps they could soup up the Elephant and have a little faction war gamemode like in reach. Spartans vs. Elites. I for one would be down lol

> 2535454880694680;6:
> Perhaps they could soup up the Elephant and have a little faction war gamemode like in reach. Spartans vs. Elites. I for one would be down lol

Ooh like having the Mammoth from 4 against a scarab and at the end of the match either the Mammoth or the scarab uses their main gun on the other and destroys it

Sound interesting I’d be up for it if 343 added it! :wink:

> 2535454880694680;6:
> Perhaps they could soup up the Elephant and have a little faction war gamemode like in reach. Spartans vs. Elites. I for one would be down lol

Oh yes, just like invasion in Halo reach.

On one side an elephant armed to the teeth with Spartans and on the other side a scarab and players playing as elites.

I’ve always loved the fact that we had an Elite vs humans game mode in reach. Really hope they will make something similar to this in H6!

Yeah, it’s an interesting concept which I’m sure 343 could iron out the details to make it viable.

Anyone remember back in that CU about scarabs they said that there was a Type-36 variant that could take on a number of appearances? If they decide to add something like this in, I bet they could use that, maybe mix up the looks in some of the maps to match up with the description. Some of the wikis say that they use Lekgolo colonies bound under a supervisor, which i’m sure opens up the possibility for them to make it drive-able.

hopefully they will implement something like this for H6 warzone, if thats what were going to call it. reminds me of the days on halo 3 when we would have to take down an enemy elephant on sandtrap… oh how i miss those days

Kraken Assault was actually shown in the background of a vidoc for Halo 5 but unfortunately is not in the final game. That at least shows that 343 isn’t against the idea.

> 2533274798144866;9:
> > 2535454880694680;6:
> > Perhaps they could soup up the Elephant and have a little faction war gamemode like in reach. Spartans vs. Elites. I for one would be down lol
>
> Oh yes, just like invasion in Halo reach.
>
> On one side an elephant armed to the teeth with Spartans and on the other side a scarab and players playing as elites.
>
> I’ve always loved the fact that we had an Elite vs humans game mode in reach. Really hope they will make something similar to this in H6!

Me too!

> 2535455681930574;13:
> Kraken Assault was actually shown in the background of a vidoc for Halo 5 but unfortunately is not in the final game. That at least shows that 343 isn’t against the idea.

That’s a really interesting fact and a good indication that it might become reality in H6.

My guess is that they wanted to do it in H5 but it didn’t work out, maybe because it would be too demanding for the Xbox to handle or maybe it was to big of a project for 343 to create in time for release.

Anyways I’m almost certain elites will return. The demand for it is incredible.

> 2535454880694680;1:
> I don’t know if I’m the only one who has ever thought of something like this, I doubt it. But I always loved taking down the giant -Yoink- scarabs in Halo, and always thought of how awesome it’d be if it could somehow be put into multiplayer.
> Maybe each team has a scarab which acts as a mobile spawnpoint/headquarters and the objective would revolve around capturing and holding control points until you reach a certain amount of points, and then the enemy teams scarab goes critical, your team then has to board it, execute the last of the enemy team and then destory their scarab which I could also see having AI aboard defending it.
> Idk I think its a cool idea, however if any of you have played Walker Assault on Star Wars Battlefront you’ll know how aggravating something that powerful can be.
> Anyways; what are your guys thoughts?

personally, I feel like there needs to be more boss fights in halo, the wardens were cool and all, but i miss fighting scarabs and things like that