Say No to Sprint for Halo 4

The biggest piece of the individual skill gap in Halo is map movement and positioning. With the introduction of sprint in Reach, players were able to break well-designed and well-executed setups because of the ability to sprint to the other side of the map immediately off spawn.

In addition to the decrease in the skill-gap with regards to map movement and setups, sprint also allows players to back down much easier. Players who are down a shot or two have the opportunity to put their head down and Ryanoob away. Even Reach’s mini-nukes struggle with cleaning players up when they are backing down with sprint.

Sprint essentially gives players a second chance. They can back down from most individuals and can break map control with little trouble. Halo needs to go back to its roots to make a come back, and the first step in doing that is removing sprint.

You do realize that this can be easily solved, right?

Say no to sprint and all other AA’s and say yes to faster movement speed, and greater jump distance, and while you’re at it, make it so fall damage isn’t in the game.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

> The biggest piece of the individual skill gap in Halo is map movement and positioning. With the introduction of sprint in Reach, players were able to break well-designed and well-executed setups because of the ability to sprint to the other side of the map immediately off spawn.
>
> In addition to the decrease in the skill-gap with regards to map movement and setups, sprint also allows players to back down much easier. Players who are down a shot or two have the opportunity to put their head down and Ryanoob away. Even Reach’s mini-nukes struggle with cleaning players up when they are backing down with sprint.
>
> Sprint essentially gives players a second chance. They can back down from most individuals and can break map control with little trouble. Halo needs to go back to its roots to make a come back, and the first step in doing that is removing sprint.

You are saying people sprint at 300mphs and have an unlimited amount of energy.

And since when is running away that big of a deal, you know this thing called chasing?
Its awesome really.

You say it breaks map control but it doesn’t, Jetpack does.
AL is the actual skill-gap creator and not sprint, sprint give in no way the player a second chance, it gives them a chance to run away not sit there immortal for 6 seconds so they can think of a strategy or call friends for help.

MLG uses sprint and they know everything about map control, heck they probably invented the term. You are just not seeing the bigger picture that sprint adds a new and fine layer of gameplay while AL on spawn adds retardedness.

Pretty much.

Yep, sprint was the most detrimental thing in Reach. Even worse than bloom.

It destroys everything that is halo. It just does not work in a game with killtimes as long as halo’s.

I agree.

> Say no to sprint and all other AA’s and say yes to faster movement speed, and greater jump distance, and while you’re at it, make it so fall damage isn’t in the game.

Damn, such an argument you have there.
A hybrid would be more in place, remember equipment, it worked alright with H3 and the drop shield is more balanced then the bubble shield if you ask me.
Again if Reach would just try to be a bit more like H3 then the game can turn out alright.

Also fall damage? Think of invasion on spire and then about a guy jumping as far as he can with the core, yeah really great.
Fall damage is fine.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

nah, I want sprint.

Say no to people who tell game developers how to make their game.

Just because YOU don’t like it, doesn’t mean others agree with you.

Make your own game, take the same kind of heat vs praise and then you can talk.

Otherwise, you’re just another fan that may or may not be heard.

In the end, it’s no skin off my sack. Just a few seconds I’ll wish I’d not wasted on tiresome and unoriginal rants.

> > Say no to sprint and all other AA’s and say yes to faster movement speed, and greater jump distance, and while you’re at it, make it so fall damage isn’t in the game.
>
> Damn, such an argument you have there.
> A hybrid would be more in place, remember equipment, it worked alright with H3 and the drop shield is more balanced then the bubble shield if you ask me.
> Again if Reach would just try to be a bit more like H3 then the game can turn out alright.
>
> Also fall damage? Think of invasion on spire and then about a guy jumping as far as he can with the core, yeah really great.
> Fall damage is fine.

Need I say any more? I’m about to go out, and I saw this thread, so I simply made a small post, we can argue when I get back in a few hours if you want.

And no fall damage is not “fine” since when do Spartan II’s (we’ll be spartan II’s in halo 4) take fall damage? It doesn’t make sense considering the advanced armour was made to prevent damage from great heights, you know, the gel layer? And do not tell me “It makes you think” because that is bull -Yoink-

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

> > The biggest piece of the individual skill gap in Halo is map movement and positioning. With the introduction of sprint in Reach, players were able to break well-designed and well-executed setups because of the ability to sprint to the other side of the map immediately off spawn.
> >
> > In addition to the decrease in the skill-gap with regards to map movement and setups, sprint also allows players to back down much easier. Players who are down a shot or two have the opportunity to put their head down and Ryanoob away. Even Reach’s mini-nukes struggle with cleaning players up when they are backing down with sprint.
> >
> > Sprint essentially gives players a second chance. They can back down from most individuals and can break map control with little trouble. Halo needs to go back to its roots to make a come back, and the first step in doing that is removing sprint.
>
> You are saying people sprint at 300mphs and have an unlimited amount of energy.
>
> And since when is running away that big of a deal, you know this thing called chasing?
> Its awesome really.
>
> You say it breaks map control but it doesn’t, Jetpack does.
> AL is the actual skill-gap creator and not sprint, sprint give in no way the player a second chance, it gives them a chance to run away not sit there immortal for 6 seconds so they can think of a strategy or call friends for help.
>
> MLG uses sprint and they know everything about map control, heck they probably invented the term. You are just not seeing the bigger picture that sprint adds a new and fine layer of gameplay while AL on spawn adds retardedness.

The other AAs are more dramatic in breaking the map than sprint, but that doesn’t make sprint any less broken. Also, you must not follow MLG because they are moving to NSNB, and the Halo Council brought up this very topic.

Feel free to apologize.

>

WTF is the “Halo Council”?

>

Members of the Halo MLG community who are trying to keep Halo alive…for us at least.

First, there is less than 2% difference in Halo 3’s base movement speed and Reach’s base movement speed. You have a larger field of view in Reach which makes you feel like you are moving slower. The inclusion of Sprint does not prevent the inclusion of fast base movement speed as well. Strafe acceleration also plays a large part of the whole “moving slower than previous Halos” feel. These are separate issues from Sprint.

Second, the problem is not that Sprint is inherently flawed. A combination of factors such as long kill times with the utility weapon, unreliable utility weapon, less than ideal melee system, and poor map design have caused some people to think Sprint is inherently flawed. I disagree. I think that if the game was designed with the knowledge that all players have Sprint as a base ability, map design would become richer.

On a personal note, games without Sprint, even on 120% speed, feel sluggish. I feel like I can’t move in all the ways I want to and my gameplay loses a dimension. Unless the base speed is upped to 200%, I personally want Sprint.

> And since when is running away that big of a deal, you know this thing called chasing?
> Its awesome really.

>chasing kills
Oh lawd you’re terrible.

> You say it breaks map control but it doesn’t, Jetpack does.

They both break map control.

> AL is the actual skill-gap creator and not sprint, sprint give in no way the player a second chance, it gives them a chance to run away not sit there immortal for 6 seconds so they can think of a strategy or call friends for help.

>AL creating skill gap
LOL NO. And sprint giving them a chance to run away is a horrible thing, it gives them the ability to survive a bad choice that they should have been punished for.

> MLG uses sprint and they know everything about map control, heck they probably invented the term. You are just not seeing the bigger picture that sprint adds a new and fine layer of gameplay while AL on spawn adds retardedness.

The MLG playlist has 2 slots for no sprint no bloom and one slot for sprint no bloom, and that one sprint slot is soon to be removed because no one votes for it. And in the actual MLG circuit for 2012 they aren’t going to be using sprint. You have no idea what you’re talking about, just stop posting.

> WTF is the “Halo Council”?

I’m going to assume this one of those questions where whatever the answer is, you’re not going to give a crap. The “halo council” consists of respected individuals within the MLG community.

And what MLG says is the Word of God, right?