SAW overpowered

Seriously, what is with this new saw? It’s soooo overpowered. It rips through Spartans like a samurai katana through tissue paper. ARs and whatnot don’t stand a chance, swords and shotguns get dropped before the get near, even rocket launchers can only hope for a kill from the grave as they die during the rocket travel time.

It’s still just as easy to get as a common ordnance drop. And they didn’t even reduce the strong aim assist angle. It’s silly I hate this new saw. And that’s coming from a saw -Yoink!- like me.

I have no idea why they did this, the old saw would fit perfectly fine into the new tuned sandbox if you ask me. I’m disappointed this happened.

It is a power weapon… That is what they do. An AR should not stand a chance against a SAW, and it certainly did before the update.

Nope. Power weapons are supposed to be imbalanced.

> It is a power weapon… That is what they do. An AR should not stand a chance against a SAW, and it certainly did before the update.
>
> Nope. Power weapons are supposed to be imbalanced.

Agreed. A snipe or rocket could beat it at least half the time, if your skills payoff anyways.

> Seriously, what is with this new saw? It’s soooo overpowered. It rips through Spartans like a samurai katana through tissue paper. ARs and whatnot don’t stand a chance, swords and shotguns get dropped before the get near, even rocket launchers can only hope for a kill from the grave as they die during the rocket travel time.
>
> It’s still just as easy to get as a common ordnance drop. And they didn’t even reduce the strong aim assist angle. It’s silly I hate this new saw. And that’s coming from a saw -Yoink!- like me.
>
> I have no idea why they did this, the old saw would fit perfectly fine into the new tuned sandbox if you ask me. I’m disappointed this happened.

I know and it it worked a treat with Damage Boost :slight_smile: Killing frenzy (x7 SAW kills)

> > It is a power weapon… That is what they do. An AR should not stand a chance against a SAW, and it certainly did before the update.
> >
> > Nope. Power weapons are supposed to be imbalanced.
>
> Agreed. A snipe or rocket could beat it at least half the time, if your skills payoff anyways.

Halo 4: Where imbalance is a good thing.

> > > It is a power weapon… That is what they do. An AR should not stand a chance against a SAW, and it certainly did before the update.
> > >
> > > Nope. Power weapons are supposed to be imbalanced.
> >
> > Agreed. A snipe or rocket could beat it at least half the time, if your skills payoff anyways.
>
> Halo 4: Where imbalance is a good thing.

When I say ‘imbalanced’ I mean stronger than your spawning weapons. Stronger than your average weapon. They are imbalanced in the sense that they dominate whatever they are designed to do. I am arguing that is how it should be, as that is how it has been since Halo 1.

Its a power weapon -_-.

It was double the AR before the update, its double the AR with the update.

Lol… The AR was a mini-SAW before the update. The saw deserved the boost

Has the Gun Turret receied a boost in damage as well?

Because if it has not, it totally sucks compared to the Halo 3 Turret.

I really enjoy the SAW now, it’s supposed to out perform the automatics at close range. It’s kept its role very well and competes with other power weapons.

I’ve been able to take down SAW wielding enemies with a BR/DMR at mid range without issue but if you’re too close then you’re toast.

So the shotguns, melee weapons, rockets, and snipers deserve a OHK, but according to your logic, the SAW has to have one that takes 1.5 seconds and can be overpowered by a loadout automatic?

Seems legit :confused:

The SAW is fine. It works perfectly in its desired role.

But since we are talking about power weapons, does anybody feel that the Concussion Rifle is a bit lackluster (especially when compared to the other close quarter ordnance)?

> > > It is a power weapon… That is what they do. An AR should not stand a chance against a SAW, and it certainly did before the update.
> > >
> > > Nope. Power weapons are supposed to be imbalanced.
> >
> > Agreed. A snipe or rocket could beat it at least half the time, if your skills payoff anyways.
>
> Halo 4: Where imbalance is a good thing.

When the SAW becomes a Loadout weapon, then this concern about it being imbalanced will have merit.

The SAW is overpowered in it’s current state because there’s absolutley no way too counter this gun and you can get up to 5 kill in one clip.

Power weapons are supposed to give you an advantage not hand out free kills without anyway to counter them the saw in it’s current state is broken.

> The SAW is overpowered in it’s current state because there’s absolutley no way too counter this gun and you can get up to 5 kill in one clip.
>
> Power weapons are supposed to give you an advantage not hand out free kills without anyway to counter them the saw in it’s current state is broken.

Shoot from long range?

No matter what 343 does, someone will complain about it. Power weapons are supposed to be overpowered. If you’re not equipped to go up against a SAW, then hit your sprint button and live to fight another day.
Move along folks, there’s nothing left to say here.

The way I see it 1 of three things needs to happen

1. Decrease the auto aim angle like the other automatics
  2. Just bring back the old saw
  3. Turn the saw up a notch on the power weapons tier, in league with the binary rifle and rocket launcher, making it rarer.

So you’re complaining about a power weapon being a power weapon, dude, go play the previous halo games, watch some videos, do some research on said first 3 halo games.

> Shoot from long range?

Unless your on a BTB map like complex good luck with the SAW has extreme amounts of range it should be counter able by your primaries like it’s counterpart the Needler is.

> No matter what 343 does, someone will complain about it. Power weapons are supposed to be overpowered. If you’re not equipped to go up against a SAW, then hit your sprint button and live to fight another day.
> Move along folks, there’s nothing left to say here.

Power weapons are NOT supposed to give you free kills they are supposed to give you an advantage over your an opponent

The needler is an example of a balanced power weapon it gives you an advantage but it can still be countered the primaries if you get lucky.

The SAW you can’t because there is no counters too it if someone starts spraying it your dead it’s that simple it is broken for a mid tier weapon it needs to have some form of drawback.