Saving weapons for team mates

I read that if a team mate gets killed while carrying a power weapon, it is possible for another team mate to “save it” so that when they respawn they are able to pick it up again. It didn’t say how. Does anyone know how? I would like to learn this.

Pick up the weapon for them. Find them when they respawn. Give them the weapon back by picking up a random weapon laying around.

> 2560752109561871;2:
> Pick up the weapon for them. Find them when they respawn. Give them the weapon back by picking up a random weapon laying around.

So simple. Thanks!!!

it’s certainly the nice thing to do. I do it when I can and most of the time the same player comes back looking for it anyway. it just sucks when you get killed and no one is near by to grab it. that despawn time is ridiculous.

I guess I should start doing this now. I just use the weapon, never know whose it was and cant tell by how they look because everyone looks the same when your just trying to get a kill.

> 2533274961579910;4:
> it’s certainly the nice thing to do. I do it when I can and most of the time the same player comes back looking for it anyway. it just sucks when you get killed and no one is near by to grab it. that despawn time is ridiculous.

There are good spartans out there, one time a random teammate and I killed an enemy on a ghost. I grabbed the ghost, and he started banging on it, I jumped off and let him take it. Well, I guess he felt bad, because he then jumped off and let me take it.

> 2533274895444533;5:
> I guess I should start doing this now. I just use the weapon, never know whose it was and cant tell by how they look because everyone looks the same when your just trying to get a kill.

Im happy as long as someone gets to use it. I just hate seeing it disappear and no one getting to kill people with cool weapons lol

> 2533274875982754;3:
> > 2560752109561871;2:
> > Pick up the weapon for them. Find them when they respawn. Give them the weapon back by picking up a random weapon laying around.
>
>
> So simple. Thanks!!!

The problem with that is there may not be a weapon laying around to swap with where you meet up. To solve that, you can “juggle” weapons. Juggling is when you run forward while holding the Swap Weapons button. This causes you to continually pick up and drop a weapon you find with a weapon in your inventory while you move out of harms way into cover, even all the way back to a friendly base if you can avoid fire. Once you get to your meet up spot, you can keep juggling until your friend gets there. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried many times, but I’ve never had anyone come back looking for it. I even saved someones Ultra ghost yesterday and made a beeline for our armory (killing two teammates in the process, oops…) to try and catch the guy after the respawn. No success.

> 2533274961579910;7:
> > 2533274895444533;5:
> > I guess I should start doing this now. I just use the weapon, never know whose it was and cant tell by how they look because everyone looks the same when your just trying to get a kill.
>
>
> Im happy as long as someone gets to use it. I just hate seeing it disappear and no one getting to kill people with cool weapons lol

Agreed! It is not always possible to save the weapon, after all we are in the middle of a Warzone.

> 2533274866989456;9:
> I’ve tried many times, but I’ve never had anyone come back looking for it. I even saved someones Ultra ghost yesterday and made a beeline for our armory (killing two teammates in the process, oops…) to try and catch the guy after the respawn. No success.

Very cool!!

> 2533274796974117;8:
> > 2533274875982754;3:
> > > 2560752109561871;2:
> > > Pick up the weapon for them. Find them when they respawn. Give them the weapon back by picking up a random weapon laying around.
> >
> >
> > So simple. Thanks!!!
>
>
> The problem with that is there may not be a weapon laying around to swap with where you meet up. To solve that, you can “juggle” weapons. Juggling is when you run forward while holding the Swap Weapons button. This causes you to continually pick up and drop a weapon you find with a weapon in your inventory while you move out of harms way into cover, even all the way back to a friendly base if you can avoid fire. Once you get to your meet up spot, you can keep juggling until your friend gets there. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I appreciate the information.

> 2533274875982754;6:
> > 2533274961579910;4:
> > it’s certainly the nice thing to do. I do it when I can and most of the time the same player comes back looking for it anyway. it just sucks when you get killed and no one is near by to grab it. that despawn time is ridiculous.
>
>
> There are good spartans out there, one time a random teammate and I killed an enemy on a ghost. I grabbed the ghost, and he started banging on it, I jumped off and let him take it. Well, I guess he felt bad, because he then jumped off and let me take it.

I’ve had people do this for me. I also don’t really like Warthogs. Instead of selling them, I like to spawn them and give them to my teammates so they can put them to good use.

On a similar note, back in Halo 4 I’d call out to my teammates what reqs I had and which one they wanted. We’d meet up, I’d call it in and they’d pick it up.

You know it just depends on the situation. If I dropped my spartan laser mere feet from you and you decide to keep shooting your sniper rifle so you can rack up kills instead of taking that freakn tank or wutever vechicle is tearing us a new one OUT well…Imma PO. Team comes 1st mate.