Save your $$!! Halo 4 maps going bargain bin

Seriously, WAIT!

On Friday, April 12, there will be a “Halo 4” DLC sale for anyone who has not yet purchased the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass or the first two individual Map Packs. A listing of the sale prices is as follows:

“Halo 4” War Games Map Pass: 1600 Microsoft Points (Originally 2000 Microsoft Points)

Crimson Map Pack: 600 Microsoft Points (Originally 800 Microsoft Points)

Majestic Map Pack: 600 Microsoft Points (Originally 800 Microsoft Points)

It’s almost like they’re trying to make the Limited Edition seem like a waste of money.

They are trying to get people to actually buy the map passes, for some reason the Halo Community is full of entitled kids that wont buy them, even though the DLC is about 100% better than the Vanilla Maps. I mean come on Ragnarok, and Exile are awful.

It was. I cancelled my LE preorder a few days before launch. I did buy the season pass though, which I also regret.

Live & learn.

Hopefully, this will get more people on board so we can play a broader selection of maps regularly in matchmaking.

Good stuff!

I do not see what the big deal is?

Early adopters pay more.

I paid more for my x360 when I got it first day.

LE gave us access to specializations etc… first day.

MS discounting map packs does not make me feel bad.

I am happy that those that could not afford it, may now be able to afford some of this DLC.

> It was. I cancelled my LE preorder a few days before launch. I did buy the season pass though, which I also regret.
>
> Live & learn.

Yeah I’m not saying it wasn’t, but it’s like each time they do something like this, it ruins what little value the LE had a bit more each time. As far as I can tell the only advantage now, if any, of having the LE is a different box to the put the disc in.

> > It was. I cancelled my LE preorder a few days before launch. I did buy the season pass though, which I also regret.
> >
> > Live & learn.
>
> Yeah I’m not saying it wasn’t, but it’s like each time they do something like this, it ruins what little value the LE had a bit more each time. As far as I can tell the only advantage now, if any, of having the LE is a different box to the put the disc in.

So if you plan on buying another game 343 puts out, remember:

If the game is $59.99 at launch, it’ll be $39.99 a few weeks later
Stuff included in the Limited Edition will not be worth the extra $
Features & gametypes you assumed would be included will go missing
Pre-purchasing the DLC will mean you get the DLC later than others
DLC will be discounted shortly after release

You’re welcome.

Thanks, I might actually wait it out and I’ll have more time to watch gameplay videos to see if the map pack is worth it.

> It was. I cancelled my LE preorder a few days before launch. I did buy the season pass though, which I also regret.
>
> Live & learn.

“If you beg or if you borrow, you will never find your way”
Seems to be the 343 motto.

This will bring additional players into multiplayer. I’m all for it.

Besides, the DLC maps are almost all better than anything that shipped on disc.

Besides, Legendary edition digital content has always been repackaged onto another disc or given away for free. I’m thinking specifically of the Halo 3 DLC that got bundled up into ODST’s multiplayer disc, and Reach’s legendary flame which was eventually given away for free.

Can’t wait to sink my teeth into Castle…

> They are trying to get people to actually buy the map passes, for some reason the Halo Community is full of entitled kids that wont buy them, even though the DLC is about 100% better than the Vanilla Maps. I mean come on Ragnarok, and Exile are awful.

Way to stereotype and generalise. I haven’t bought the map packs, does that make me an “entitled kid”? No it doesn’t, it makes me a 22 year old who couldn’t afford the maps as I’m a student living with my fiancé and have bills to pay which take priority. Stop assuming that just because people don’t buy the maps they are self entitled kids that expect everything handed to them for free. It just makes you sound like the “entitled kids” your complaining about.

> Besides, the DLC maps are almost all better than anything that shipped on disc.

Props to Certain Affinity for making awesome maps, just wish they made on-disc maps too…

im not buying the maps because i refuse to monetarily support this company after they produced such a bad game. i did get the first map pack for free for a few days because they put it as 0msp by accident and all of those maps were pretty awful anyway

“Halo 4 also receives a permanent price drop to $39.99 this week.” (I thought that happened already)

http://www.examiner.com/article/microsoft-declares-halo-week-with-bonuses-and-dlc-sale

also interesting:
“Another way to earn a free Avatar tee is to complete any five missions of Spartan Ops starting Thursday, April 11 at 5 a.m. EST until Friday, April 12 at 5 a.m. EST”

I said this was going to happen a couple days ago. If the game was doing extremely well this wouldn’t be happening. I’m all for it though. I pay full price for Halo games at launch and full price for DLC knowing that both could become a lot cheaper in a short time. I do it because I want to play everything the second it comes out. I’m completely fine with the DLC going on sale. I wouldn’t even mind if they made it dirt cheap or free. The more people with the maps the better.

Now, when there are no playlists for Crimson and Majestic, these map packs could be for free and required. I paid for them, but if those maps are about to appear more often in matchmaking, I’m cool with that. Playing Adrift > Haven > Abandon (or Exile > Ragnarok > Exile) gets “little” boring after 200 hours online.

They should make DLC mandatory, and add a crap-ton of Forge Maps into every playlist and rotation.