Save Settings

In Reach and H3, my screen and audio settings would reset every time I start the game. I hope this is fixed in Halo 4.

I never had that problem.

Do you have a hard drive?

> I never had that problem.

I’ve also had this problem. It just resets whenever I start the game.

> In Reach and H3, my screen and audio settings would reset every time I start the game. I hope this is fixed in Halo 4.

Yeah, I’ve had that problem. Funny, the controller layout don’t reset, which is good. I notice the problem because I use the subtitles, which would disappear everytime I play the campaign.

It happens from time to time for me too.
Hope it get fixed.

Subtibles reset often here too :I Not really an issue, but would be nice if they would fix that.

Not entirely what you are talking about but same topic…they should really sort out saving in general. i have friends that sometimes play from beginning and get to say 4th level then turn it off expecting it to save automatically…they come back a day later wondering why they are at the start again. For us long time players its not an issue as we know to save and quit before turning off, but surely having an auto save is something so basic that 343 need to make sure happens, even if it is after each completed level?
When trying to convince friends that are new to Halo to give it a go and they, rightly so, get frustrated when something so simple and normal in most games these days doesnt exist, it is a major yet basic issue and potential future buyers/fans are lost.

Yeah, this happens to me too. I hope it’ll be fixed in Halo 4.

> Not entirely what you are talking about but same topic…they should really sort out saving in general. i have friends that sometimes play from beginning and get to say 4th level then turn it off expecting it to save automatically…they come back a day later wondering why they are at the start again. For us long time players its not an issue as we know to save and quit before turning off, but surely having an auto save is something so basic that 343 need to make sure happens, even if it is after each completed level?
> When trying to convince friends that are new to Halo to give it a go and they, rightly so, get frustrated when something so simple and normal in most games these days doesnt exist, it is a major yet basic issue and potential future buyers/fans are lost.

I know what you mean but, have your friends play oblivion or something similar once you lose hours of gameplay a few times youll learn to save real quick!

thats all good for people like you and I, but they dont really play those types. Even i sometimes forgot to save in Skyrim but luckily there were quicksaves.

I hope starting up H4 can somehow fix the time and date (which resets after the Xbox 360’s been unplugged and the only convenient way to restore it is to connect to Xbox Live).

The newer Xbox 360s may have built-in Wifi but the older Xbox 360 is something I paid good money for (3-4 years with it bearing all sorts of scars and bruises and it’s still functioning. And I have never gotten the RRoD) and replacing it isn’t really an option.

I also hope it makes game save transfer much more convenient. I made over a hundred when I played H3’s campaign and it was extremely annoying having to leave the game just to back it up.

Always happends when i change more than 3 games before going back to Reach.
I hope they will fix this. Anyways, it’s not that important.

Always happened to me when I changed game, if I played another game for a while, took that disk out and then put Halo 3 or Halo: Reach back in, it would change.

Never really had that problem…maybe at release. I hope it is solved for you guys though.

Yes. This is annoying. I turn my brightness up on Reach, and almost every time i turn the game back on, i have to put it up again.