Save file not loading - corrupted save file

Hello,

I am experiencing what I believe a corrupt file save, I have been playing several hours, on multiple sessions. And got into an issue where it required me to repair and reset the app on windows. Upon reloading the campaign, MC died and the Camera was locked into 3rd person view. I pressed start and reload mission. And still experienced the same behavior, i continued to exit the game and restart it.

Upon me trying to load the campaign once more I get the countdown but the game does not load. I can click on continue once more and get the same behavior of not doing anything after the countdown.

I can create a new game and play, but I would like to see if there’s a way to recover my progress. Playing on legendary and I was doing every side mission that I found. Pretty much far into the story as well.

49 Likes

I have had the exact same issue. I didn’t repair or reset the app on windows first though. I have tried reinstalling, streaming from Game Pass Cloud, etc and nothing can get my game to load.
Halp!

5 Likes

The same issue since launch still silences from devs. Don’t bother creating a new game, you will face the same problem as soon as you quit and try to load back in.

6 Likes

Yup same for me. Windows 11 / Game Pass hours and hours lost. More examples on youtube.

3 Likes

Same here, W11, all progress lost. Seven hour of gameplay lost. We need a fix for this, i cant play again all over again if this happen again. Now i have 0% and the campain dont load.

5 Likes

Exact same problem here guys. Cannot play the campaign anymore …
Thanks for reporting it @Insanit_Sicario :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cam here to bring more visibility to this issue - I too am experiencing the same problem and have reached out to Halo Support via twitter ATM.

4 Likes

Awesome, please let us know if you get a solution

2 Likes

Download and reinstall but nothing new happens. Still at 0%

2 Likes

opened a ticket for this yesterday, only response i got was

make sure you complete the first mission

I laughed and responded with, ive beaten the first boss 5 times and reach the first outpost 5 times… Havent heard from him since (its been over 24 hours since communication broke down on my ticket)

2 Likes

i have the same issue

1 Like

Me too, I reported this to support, im waiting for an answer, i´m a huge fan of halo and i love the game but this really sucks, i dont want to play the first mission for third time, ill wait for a patch

2 Likes

fyi steam doesnt have this issue for anyone who doesnt want to wait or is criticizing the game for this. its clearly something wrong with coding and how it coincides with gamepass and how the game saves

1 Like

We are not criticizing, we are just looking for a solution, I have been a halo fan since Halo on the original Xbox. I want to be able to continue playing the campaign, you don’t know how much I have avoided spoilers so far

5 Likes

youre telling me… i have the same issue not being able to play as well. My response from my ticket i opened up was laughable. they have gone ghost on me since then and its been over a day. I was just saying this because ive seen people on reddit, youtube, here, etc blaming this on the game being hot garbage.

weird flex to say youve been a halo fan since original xbox, its not like it really has relevance. Its not like im screaming to the world that ive played halo since i was 16 in 01 when the first xbox dropped. kind of has no point in the conversation

If you think of it, a real fan wouldn’t be criticizing the game for a bug like the one we are experiencing, but I get you, we are on the same boat, we are unable to play. So calm down and don’t steam on others

2 Likes

pretty sure not once did i criticize the game at all.

Woke up and experienced the same issue. I hit continue to play the campaign, and upon loading, I was locked into third person mode with a very buggy camera. The screen also began to sort of fade in and fade out, so I decided to just restart the game. After restarting, when I hit continue, it just sits there after the countdown. When I hit load game, it shows the save progress as 0% complete with 10 minutes played (I beat the main campaign yesterday), and still won’t load the save file. Quite disappointed…

8 Likes

My save file became corrupted on “House of Reckoning” submitted a ticket and am waiting for a response.
I just wish Microsoft would fix their gamepass app because it seems like every problem they always have for games somehow links to Gamepass lol… I just wanna beat the game and then re-beat it without having to just start over. I have the achievements but progress shows as “0%” Is this listed as a none bug yet?

2 Likes

Also having this problem,worked flawlessly with multiple game exits and restarts and no problems at all…until now, and there wasnt even an update to blame

1 Like