Save Colors: Decal System

I have though about a solution to the issue of armor coatings limiting color selection. A solution that i can see that would not change the coating system, but utilize the new customization addon system, would be to implement a decal slot for each piece. a decal can then be selected. the decals would have a preset texture, or have a shared single solid color that can be selected.
This way the old secondary color can be functionaly implemented, without changing the coating system. The textured decals could be unlockables and promotional material too, like a HCS Decal.
Normal decals could include simple ovals and stripes to remake classic color combos and more detailed things like numbers, jul mdama’s symbol, the swords of sanghelios symbol, forerunner runes, the heretic symbol and other cool stuff.

So would you be able to add a decal anywhere on your armor piece or would it be a predefined location. Nice Idea btw.

> 2533274939295934;2:
> So would you be able to add a decal anywhere on your armor piece or would it be a predefined location. Nice Idea btw.

it would be predefined locations, similar how the armor addons in reach were placed. the location would swap based on the decal selected.
Thanks.

What if, hear me out, we could make custom drawings like in Animal Crossing?